Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,479 members, 7,974,952 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:43 PM

Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 (5638 Views)

Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy / Gift Monday Scores A Brace As Tenerife Beats Levante Las Planas 3-2 / Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Valencia 7 - 0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 by naptu2: 4:28am On Jan 27, 2023
grin He's still trying to get my attention. That's a waste of time.
Re: Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 by naptu2: 4:29am On Jan 27, 2023
I thought that I would be able to get a picture of Oshoala and Rita (they usually take pictures after the games), but none has surfaced, so here's a picture of Oshoala and Vicky.

Re: Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 by naptu2: 4:33am On Jan 27, 2023
Oshoala hits hat-trick as Barca win 50th game in a row

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Sports Writer
Last updated on 26 January 2023

Asisat Oshoala has scored 13 goals this season

Five-time African player of the year Asisat Oshoala was delighted with her hat-trick in Barcelona's 7-0 win over Levante as the Catalan side became the first team in football history to win 50 league games in a row.

The Nigeria international set up Ana Crnogorcevic early on before scoring three goals to help the hosts to a resounding victory at Estadio Johan Cruyff and to reach the impressive milestone.

Barcelona Femení's winning streak in the league stretches back to June 2021 - when they lost to Atletico Madrid - while their three defeats in any competition during that time all came in Europe.

"It was a nice feeling to score my first hat-trick of the season and I'm so pleased that it helped the club achieve a league record," Oshoala, 28, told BBC Sport Africa.

"Personal records count for less if it doesn't lead to a team success, the team won and we did well.

"It was a great night for the club and I just hope to continue to make a great contribution for the rest of the season."

With the victory Barcelona eclipsed Lyon Women's 46-game winning streak in the French championship from December 2011 to January 2014.

The former Liverpool and Arsenal striker Oshoala is happy to play her part in the incredible run.

"It's a good thing that we are able to achieve this together," she added.

"I'm happy to be part of this history with this group and we know every team out there will only be extra motivated to stop us.

"It's why we can celebrate now but start again in the next game with the same mentality and focus to achieve success." she said.

Since opening the campaign with two goals against Benfica in the Women's Champions League in October, Oshoala now has 13 for Barcelona who sit at the top of the Spanish Primera División with 45 points, They lead second-placed Levante by seven point and are eight ahead of rivals Real Madrid.

Africa's most decorated women's footballer, Oshoala battled injury setbacks last season and was then ruled out of the Women's Africa Cup of Nations in July after damaging knee ligaments in Nigeria's opening game.

However, 20 league goals in Barcelona's league title-winning campaign helped her place 16th of the 20 players shortlisted for the women's Ballon d'Or, which was retained by her teammate Alexia Putellas of Spain.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/64414697
Re: Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 by naptu2: 6:28am On Jan 27, 2023
Page 2
Re: Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 by naptu2: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2023
Waldrum Picks Ebi, Oshoala, 21 Others For Revelation Cup In Mexico
https://www.nairaland.com/7542085/waldrum-picks-ebi-oshoala-21
Re: Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 by naptu2: 8:59am On Jan 29, 2023
The first list is the Pichichi list (for highest goalscorers in Liga F).

I think the answer to the question in the second screenshot is that all their players can score. Midfielders like Alexia (before her injury) and Aitana score a lot of goals and so do people like Rolfo.

By the way, it's good to see Rachael Kudananji (the Zambian) in the list of goalscorers.

Re: Oshoala Scores A Hat-Trick As Barcelona Beat Levante Las Planas 7-0 by naptu2: 4:19am On Jan 30, 2023
Oshoala Scores Second Hat-Trick In 2 Games As Barcelona Beat Tenerife 6-0
https://www.nairaland.com/7546576/oshoala-scores-second-hat-trick-2

(1) (2) (Reply)

(live Update) Jevetus 2-0 Atletico Madrid / Senegal Demolish Nigeria 8-4 To Win 2016 Copa Lagos (SEE PHOTOS) / Have You Heard Of Football Trading With Sportybet Flex Option? Hear Me Out...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.