Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,962 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:01 PM

Real Estate Agent Question - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Real Estate Agent Question (207 Views)

Trusted Real Estate Agent In Enugu / How To Make It Big As A Real Estate Agent And Manager / What Is The Difference Between An Estate Agent & A Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Estate Agent Question by jackaustin631: 4:45am On Jan 27, 2023
I worked with an agent at a firm several years ago, let's call him "C", to purchase a home and he did an outstanding job. I admit I was a very difficult client however. I made several offers and backed out because I have a difficult time making up my mind and committing, and I wasn't sure if C would want to work with me again. A few years ago I reached out to C when I wanted to sell the home he helped me purchase, and sure enough C told the broker in charge that he did not want to work with me again. I sent an email to the broker in charge explaining why I wanted to use his firm, even if I did not work with C estate agents canary wharf, and the broker in charge put me in touch with another agent. By the way, I wanted to use this real estate firm because it is the number one real estate firm in the state and one of the top 5 in the entire nation. Ironically, the other agent that contacted me had a bad attitude and I ended up using a different firm anyway. My house went under contract within one day after receiving multiple offers, so the agent with the bad attitude missed out on an easy commission. Last year I decided to sell my current home, and I signed up on a site that helps you locate an agent. Needless to say, I was shocked when C was one of the agents that contacted me and I jumped at the opportunity to work with him again (as I mentioned he did an outstanding job before). In hindsight, I think C may have felt that since the market was so competitive -- every home in my city had multiple offers and people were paying $30-$40k in non-refundable due-diligence fees and tens of thousands over list price -- that I would have to make up my mind quickly and commit or I could miss out on getting my offer accepted and/or lose a lot of money. I don't know this for sure, I'm just speculating. When C and I talked, I let him know up front that I just wanted to look at a few homes to get a feel for what was out there, but that I would probably not be moving forward until the market was much less competitive and C said he was fine with that. Over the past 18 months, we looked at 7 or 8 homes at most and C also toured my home along with his stager to give me pointers on things to do before listing. Fortunately C has never been pushy, in the beginning he kept in regular contact but for the past few months it was always me who got in touch with him -- usually every 2 or 3 months. I am honestly not sure C even really wants to work with me, but he is always nice and helpful when I call and takes the time to answer questions. I have not signed a contract with C so there is no binding agreement. C did mentioned signing a contract at one point, but he never mentioned it again and this was many months ago. So this is my dilemma, C's specialty is as a buyer agent. He also lists homes but I don't think he has a lot of experience on the listing side. There is another broker at his firm who specializes in both listing and buying and this broker seems to have a lot more experience, i.e. C has (3) 5-star reviews and the other agent has (180) 5-star reviews. The market has slowed substantially and I really need an agent who has expertise on the listing side. Obviously my question is, is it ok for me to reach out to this other agent? Who knows, maybe C would be relieved to not have to have to work with me, I honestly don't know. On the other hand, I don't want to burn bridges, and my biggest fear is that no one at this firm would be willing to work with me after making this request. I would really like to get feedback from other people before I move forward. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Is Land A Good Investment? / For Sale! 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex @ Lekki Phase 1. ₦160M. Eunice 2348029562694 / How To Make 40% Return On Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.