Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,101 members, 7,883,855 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record (6441 Views)

Muktar Shagari, Sokoto Deputy Governor's Son, Usman (Photos) / Lagos Deputy Governor And Semi-nude Dancers Intersection / Photos: Man Wins N1.6m For ‘world’s Ugliest Face’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by itiswell1(m): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2011
Tomorrow is the World Literacy Day worldwide, a day the UNESCO celebrates to draw attention to the status of literacy and adult learning globally.

•Orelope-Adefulire, Lagos Deputy Gov.
In Lagos State, the day will be marked with a target to break the Guinness World Records. The attempt to break the record will happen at an event in which the Deputy Governor, Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, will lead over 4,000 school children to read a book jointly.

The event will hold at 10 Degree Events on Billingsway Road, Oregun, Ikeja, from 9 a.m.

Organised by Ecole de Dessin in conjunction with the Lagos State Government, the Big Read will attract a galaxy of celebrities and many school children.

The record for “Most Children Reading With An Adult In A Single Location,” was first set by 3,032 children of the Kindergarten Status School at Global Village in Dubai on 12 November, 2008.

On Thursday, 4 March, 2010, the Islamic Forum Charity in the UK also assembled 3,234 children to take part in a Big Reading Session. The event took place at East London Muslim Centre.

Lagos hopes to raise the bar tomorrow.

A sobering reality facing UNESCO on each World Literacy Day is that achieving 100 per cent literacy worldwide remains an elusive target as over a billion people lack minimum literacy skills worldwide.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/09/07/lagos-deputy-gov-set-for-world-record/
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by ibrobell(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2011
good one by the deputy governor
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by obowunmi(m): 1:23am On Sep 08, 2011
Buncha bullocks --- why not spend more time trying to fix the educational system with influential policies --- anyways, I wish I got the contract to organize this. That's almost 10 million or so to waste, while number children don't have food to eat or access to good education. #Uuumph
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by ektbear: 3:15am On Sep 08, 2011
eh, not sure what the point of this is
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by Yeske2(m): 5:10am On Sep 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Me too
obowunmi:

Buncha bullocks --- why not spend more time trying to fix the educational system with influential policies --- anyways, I wish I got the contract to organize this. That's almost 10 million or so to waste, while number children don't have food to eat or access to good education. #Uuumph
Word
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by jspac(m): 6:14am On Sep 08, 2011
Two words Boko Haram
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by itiswell1(m): 6:29am On Sep 08, 2011
js_pac:

Two words Boko Haram

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by gidson12(m): 6:38am On Sep 08, 2011
the deputy governor just want to use children to create record for himself,
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by jensinmi(m): 6:47am On Sep 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

To have her name written in the Guiness Book of World Records nau.  grin grin grin grin grin

Try to keep Up.  angry  wink kiss

grin grin
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by lagcity(m): 7:51am On Sep 08, 2011
gidson12:

the deputy governor just want to use children to create record for himself,

the deputy gov is a woman
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by wellmax(m): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^
I was also wondering
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by ednut1(m): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2011
Her english is too poor , i hope she doesnt tabun. I dnt knw y an hairdresser wil be deputy msheeew
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by Demdem(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2011
ednut1:

Her english is too poor , i hope she doesnt tabun. I dnt knw y an hairdresser wil be deputy msheeew

i see nothing wrong with that if she is capable after all we av a PHD as president with nothing to show for it.
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by khattab008: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2011
How about setting d record of d state with d highest number of educated people
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by biilwwu(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2011
obowunmi:

obowunmi:

obowunmi:

obowunmi:

Obowunmido, Honestly you reason as your name sound.
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by obukokwois: 10:17am On Sep 08, 2011
HW DS RECORD SETTING BY THE DEP.GOVT OF LAGOS STATE WAN IMPART ON LIVES OF THESE KIDS WHO NEEDS BETTER THINGS INSTEAD NA HER NAME GO DEY 4RECORD HABA!WAIST OF TASK PAYERS MONEY WHEN FLOOD DEY FINISH LAGOS.HUNGRY PEOPLE DEY EVERY WHERE MAKE SHE USE DAT MONEY HELP DEM RATHER LET SOME SMART DUDE DEY USE HER HEAD 4YEYE RECORD WAY NO RELEVANT TO OUR SETTING.HW MANY TIMES SHE DON ASSEMBLE DIS HIGH PROFILE PEOPLE GO FEED BEGGARS? angry ABEG JO.
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 08, 2011
No wonder Nigeria is so poor, everyone seems to oppose any stride with criticism
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by obowunmi(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2011
@ Leomax --- sharrap dia. Why isn't Ghana doing this ? Ghana is much more economically stronger than Nigeria. Nigerian students are leaving Nigeria to study in Ghana ? Why ? People their leaders invest time in policies and NOT on media mombo jumbo.

Next time a Nigerian student wants to leave Nigeria to study in Ghana, you tell them to go to the Deputy Governor's office for another world record rubbish.

Pls Deputy Governor, spend more time on worthwhile events like creating influential educational policies with your time.

Also, domt forget the children hawking moi-moi on the streets of Las-gidi. Be sure to include them there as well. Rubbish!
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by Nymphnode(m): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2011
ednut1:

Heard she is enrolled in one of the LASU part time campus, so . . . .she know, she knows not, teach her.
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by segunjowo(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
I will like to be part of this history,
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
The point is to break guiness book of records wen we provide our own power by generators, our water by borehole, road by manual mending and pass exams by special centres. Africa sorry.
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by mustspin: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2011
real shame though but dat is wot all of dem politicians do. bunch of social freaks. abegi leave the woman make she set record o, might be the only shot she gat at it, afterall opportunity comes but once

obowunmi:

una no dey wen GEJ spent 1 billion naira on the 50yrs anniversary and 75 million naira on a f**kin cake.
http://lindaikeji..com/2010/10/n75-million-independence-cakethat.html
Re: Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record by ektbear: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
jensinmi:

To have her name written in the Guiness Book of World Records nau.  grin grin grin grin grin

Try to keep Up.  angry  wink kiss

grin grin

Hehehe grin

(1) (Reply)

10 Insects You Probably Don't Know Their Names. / How To Prepare Gbetugbetu Yoruba Charm / Armed Robbers Caught Around Ojo Alaba LGA Of Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.