Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,230 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

Osun Verdict: The Tribunal Should Overlook A Proven Case Of Over-voting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Verdict: The Tribunal Should Overlook A Proven Case Of Over-voting? (184 Views)

Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal / INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll / Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Verdict: The Tribunal Should Overlook A Proven Case Of Over-voting? by OsunOriginal: 11:39am On Jan 28, 2023
I was surprised reading the reactions from some Nigerians, who, I expected to be objective in processing the verdict delivered by the Osun state election petition tribunal. One of them said the judgment was a black-market verdict while another said the judgment was tantamount to beheading the hope of the people of Osun state.

I really don't understand how some Nigerians reason. We understand the quandary the PDP and its followers are inescapably going through at the moment. We also understand the sympathy they enjoy from their offshoot (the LP), who would rather line up behind the PDP than support the APC. You can't blame them since they are traditionally PDP. Why the likes of Sani and some supposedly non-partisan organizations decided to stoop so low and jettison common sense, is what I don't understand. INEC accepted in court, to the chagrin of Nigerians, that there was over-voting in some polling units as presented and argued by Oyetola's lawyers. Why should anybody, therefore, expect the judgment to be different from what was delivered? Are we all now shamelessly averse to the truth and the rule of law? What does it take, for the sake of the future, to support the truth even if it hurts you today? Some of us expected the tribunal to overlook the over-voting and ratify a flawed outcome just because we don't like a party.

I really pity this country... We have lost our values.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Verdict: The Tribunal Should Overlook A Proven Case Of Over-voting? by Puremind1225: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2023
You are talking nonsense
Re: Osun Verdict: The Tribunal Should Overlook A Proven Case Of Over-voting? by yarimo(m): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2023
The governor should just hand over immediately without wasting tax payers money in any appeal court
Re: Osun Verdict: The Tribunal Should Overlook A Proven Case Of Over-voting? by IgOga(m): 11:54am On Jan 28, 2023
Leave them now.....the overvoting affected both APC and PDP......the only problem was that PDP was more affected in terms of deducted votes after applying the letter of the electoral act 2022.

The day PDP and INEC lawyers admitted there was overvoting, I knew it's game over for Adeleke.....It's painful that there is no more rerun....but the election was conducted using the 2022 electoral act and every contestant understood the rule of the game before participating. To now be shouting fraud when your own lawyers admitted overvoting is to fool the gullible as always.
Re: Osun Verdict: The Tribunal Should Overlook A Proven Case Of Over-voting? by aylive02(m): 11:57am On Jan 28, 2023
How did they treat case of APC's votebuying?

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Governor Yahaya Bello Of Kogi State / Foreign Groups Bent On Destroying Nigeria Behind Boko Haram — Buhari / Degema Local Government Council Special Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.