Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,530 members, 7,905,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 03:22 AM

God's Miracle - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Miracle (7061 Views)

Do You Believe In God’s Miracle, Have You Ever Experienced Any? Share Your Exper / I Asked This Question How Poor People Always Believe In God’s Miracle To Be Rich / Understanding The Sharing Formula Of God’s Miracle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Miracle by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

And I'm trying to tell you its not likely to happen.

You said likely and not "never" meaning it can happen.

jaephoenix:

You dodged the question I asked Is sleeping and waking a miracle?

See, if I say you are abnormal you would be offended but what else can I say when I clearly answered your question and you even moved on to say "explain".

Which I have now finished explaining it and now you say I did not answer the question. Which reasonable person would not think whether you are mad?

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Who created the concept of sin? Christians! Who created the concept of 'salvation'? Christians!
Ask yourself what if those 2 concepts don't exist, how would your life be?
Putting this in perspective, there are countries that have relatively fewer Christians in this world, but more peaceful and moral. So salvation is not a necessity. Now you're gonna tell me 'Oh What about the afterlife?' You haven't been there, neither have i. And if you believe those that said they've been there and back, then you conscript your scriptures to the waste bin, because it said after death is judgement, no coming back.

2. No, sleeping and waking aint miracles. Your brain has a diurnal clock that runs a sleep and wake cycle which is attached to your RAS . Its not controlled by any supernatural.
3. What evil ones? Another product of your religion which isn't evidence in the real world.

I know christians and theists generally are very poor in science and logic, but get a grip on things, bro
In your mind you have made an intelligent post. Well, I was not speaking to you. Those who can relate can understand.
Keep explaining everything scientifically like we didn't study science. You will understand someday.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You said likely and not "never" meaning it can happen.

See, if I say you are abnormal you would be offended but what else can I say when I clearly answered your question and you even moved on to say "explain".

Which I have now finished explaining it and now you say I did not answer the question. Which reasonable person would not think whether you are mad?
In medicine/science, there's no never. Even though we know an event can't happen, we use 'not likely'. Its unlikely your insomniac can't get a good sleep.
And no, that answer you gave me wasn't a reply to my question. But if you want to decline, no problem

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
terrezo2002:

In your mind you have made an intelligent post. Well, I was not speaking to you. Those who can relate can understand.
Keep explaining everything scientifically like we didn't study science. You will understand someday.
Cheers
Obviously you didn't do science. If you did, you're entitled to a complete refund and an apology to your parents for the waste of funds

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by Dtruthspeaker: 7:29am On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

In medicine/science, there's no never.
Even though we know an event can't happen, we use 'not likely'. Its unlikely your insomniac can't get a good sleep.
And no, that answer you gave me wasn't a reply to my question. But if you want to decline, no problem

Of course you people don't say never because you have been taken by surprises when you people said "never" by miracles, we all know that.

And saying "explain" in response to an answer I gave to your question means that I have answered the question.

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Of course you people don't say never because you have been taken by surprises when you people said "never" by miracles, we all know that.

And saying "explain" in response to an answer I gave to your question means that I have answered the question.
Its not because of that, you dumb. Its because of idiopathic causes.
When you reply a question with shady terms, the onus lies on you to explain

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by Dtruthspeaker: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its not because of that, you dumb. Its because of idiopathic causes.
When you reply a question with shady terms, the onus lies on you to explain

That desperate! You mean you call a situation in which doctors had said a person would NEVER walk again only for the person to one day start walking, an unknown disease? Gosh what a desperation

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 8:20am On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Obviously you didn't do science. If you did, you're entitled to a complete refund and an apology to your parents for the waste of funds
Lol. Science itself will not make sense without God the creator.
Your science told you the whole creation came as a result of a big bang theory. If this is what you believe, then what you learnt in school is total crap and you should regret going to school.
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That desperate! You mean you call a situation in which doctors had said a person would NEVER walk again only for the person to one day start walking, an unknown disease? Gosh what a desperation
Understand how science work. The fact that we said someone cannot walk, doesn't mean the person cannot walk again. We say he or she cannot walk based on subsistence science because another doctor in another environment can make him walk, with better science. Especially in an advanced country.
Same with when we give somebody expected days to live. Our individual prognoses may differ based on subsisting scientific prowess.
In fact when a doctor gives his/her prognosis, and the patient goes for a second opinion, its still medical science that helps that same patient overcome the previous prognosis. A better medical science.
So come off your ignorance

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2023
terrezo2002:

Lol. Science itself will not make sense without God the creator.
Your science told you the whole creation came as a result of a big bang theory. If this is what you believe, then what you learnt in school is total crap and you should regret going to school.
Actually, the big bang was advocated by theists. In fact the catholic church believes it, and even accepts evolution.
And how did your god make sense of science when the said science doesn't prove god? You well so?

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by Dtruthspeaker: 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Understand how science work. The fact that we said someone cannot walk, doesn't mean the person cannot walk again...

See yourself! First you said

jaephoenix:
.. can't happen,...

After I countered, and said that was a miracle you then shifted post to say

jaephoenix:

Its not because of that, you dumb. Its because of idiopathic causes (a disease)...

And now that I pointed out your madness of calling a medical miracle a disease you have yet shifted again to say
"The fact that we said someone cannot walk, doesn't mean the person cannot walk again" where you had said "can't happen"

Do you see how crazy you look and sound?
Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Actually, the big bang was advocated by theists. In fact the catholic church believes it, and even accepts evolution.
And how did your god make sense of science when the said science doesn't prove god? You well so?
Everything you said is false. We can continue the conversation when you have the right knowledge. Good bye
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See yourself! First you said

After I countered, and said that was a miracle you then shifted post to say

And now that I pointed out your madness of calling a medical miracle a disease you have yet shifted again to say
"The fact that we said someone cannot walk, doesn't mean the person cannot walk again" where you had said "can't happen"

Do you see how crazy you look and sound?

First, before you reply me, I expected a right thinking person to read up what idiopathic means, but this is Dliespeaker, one of the dumbest theists to draw breath, so he doesn't care.
Idiopathic in medical science basically means, we dont know for now the etiology of a disease. There are also spontaneous remissions(sr) which means some disease(especially cancers ) get cured without drugs. Now before you god-of-the-gap sr and start shouting 'miracle', it happens to christians, Muslims, atheists. So choose your poison. Science is still researching these sr phenomena. There has been many phenomena that has been attributed to supernatural interventions in the past, but has been found to be quite natural. Example, epilepsy, sleep paralysis, schizophrenia etc. All the above were thought to be demon oriented, til science found plausible causes and treatment that worked. Imagine in these days, people like you still think they are supernatural oriented

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 8:35pm On Feb 01, 2023
terrezo2002:

Everything you said is false. We can continue the conversation when you have the right knowledge. Good bye

While the Big Bang is as old as the universe itself, our concept of it is still strikingly new — less than 100 years old. And if you dig into its origins, you come across a curious fact.

Atheists, devout Christians, you might want to sit down for this: The Big Bang theory was first proposed by a Roman Catholic priest.

It wasn't just any priest. It was Monseigneur George Lemaître, a brilliant Belgian who entered the priesthood following his service as an artillery officer in the Belgian army during World War I. He was also an accomplished astronomer and a talented mathematician and physician. After earning his graduate degree in astronomy from the University of Cambridge in England, he came to Boston and spent a year at the Harvard College Observatory before earning his doctorate at MIT

In the early 1950s, Pope Pius XII not only declared that the big bang and the Catholic concept of creation were compatible; he embraced Lemaître's idea as scientific validation for the existence of God and of Catholicism.

Source
https://www.wgbh.org/news/post/big-bang-theory-roman-catholic-creation#:~:text=In%20the%20early%201950s%2C%20Pope,of%20God%20and%20of%20Catholicism.

I hate having arguments with people like you and Dliespeaker. You don't know anything but you make the loudest noise.
Sies! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

While the Big Bang is as old as the universe itself, our concept of it is still strikingly new — less than 100 years old. And if you dig into its origins, you come across a curious fact.

Atheists, devout Christians, you might want to sit down for this: The Big Bang theory was first proposed by a Roman Catholic priest.

It wasn't just any priest. It was Monseigneur George Lemaître, a brilliant Belgian who entered the priesthood following his service as an artillery officer in the Belgian army during World War I. He was also an accomplished astronomer and a talented mathematician and physician. After earning his graduate degree in astronomy from the University of Cambridge in England, he came to Boston and spent a year at the Harvard College Observatory before earning his doctorate at MIT

In the early 1950s, Pope Pius XII not only declared that the big bang and the Catholic concept of creation were compatible; he embraced Lemaître's idea as scientific validation for the existence of God and of Catholicism.

Source
https://www.wgbh.org/news/post/big-bang-theory-roman-catholic-creation#:~:text=In%20the%20early%201950s%2C%20Pope,of%20God%20and%20of%20Catholicism.

I hate having arguments with people like you and Dliespeaker. You don't know anything but you make the loudest noise.
Sies! angry
The fact that the person who proposed the big bang theory is a Catholic doesn't mean Catholic church accepted it.
Or have you heard any Catholic preaching it anywhere in their church?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2023
terrezo2002:

The fact that the person who proposed the big bang theory is a Catholic doesn't mean Catholic church accepted it.
Or have you heard any Catholic preaching it anywhere in their church?
Did you read the part the then Pope accepted it into the church? Or you developed acute visual loss during the part of that text?

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2023
Also the catholic church has accepted evolution as a concept, after realizing creationism is a lie? Though they are having problems marrying the two concepts

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Did you read the part the then Pope accepted it into the church? Or you developed acute visual loss during the part of that text?
I asked a question. Do you see Catholics preaching it?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2023
terrezo2002:

I asked a question. Do you see Catholics preaching it?
Bro, you started off by saying catholics don't accept big bang. Now you've changed to catholics don't preach big bang? Stop being smart grin

This is an excerpt from a top catholic literature overseen by the Holy See

A recent article in OnePeterFive proposes that the Big Bang theory, – to be explained shortly – is a pagan proposition, replete with Gnostic overtones. One must be cautious here (and the author himself seems so, preferring apparently to remain anonymous). Just because a given scientific theory (or even religious truth) shares something with paganism, does not make it false. The Epic of Gilgamesh has a creation and flood story, even a sort of ‘fall’, as do any number of other ancient lores. As Saint Paul declared, the pagan world was not devoid of truth, and they have held dim echoes of the fullness of truth, in the generations soon after Adam, lost in the mist of time.

But to our point at hand: There in nothing ‘un-Catholic’ in the Big Bang, and much that is decidedly consistent with Catholicism, the theory itself being formulated by a Catholic priest, and championed by a Catholic pope

https://catholicinsight.com/the-big-bang-and-creation/

Next source… this is the excerpt

Yesterday, Pope Francis, the head of the Roman Catholic Church, said that Darwinian evolution is real, and so is the Big Bang, according to the Telegraph. Elsewhere in his speech to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pope said:
“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so,” Francis said.
He added: “He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfilment.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/pope-would-you-accept-evolution-and-big-bang-180953166/

They preach these things, especially in foreign catholic churches, from what I can see. Obviously I'm an atheist, so I don't attend Nigerian catholic churches, so have no idea what new bullshit they are dropping on their heads. But from the above, you can deduce the Catholic Church loves not just the big bang, but evolution. And they are tryna integrate it into the creation story. In the next 50 years, they would throw away that fairy tale of creation entirely.

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, you started off by saying catholics don't accept big bang. Now you've changed to catholics don't preach big bang? Stop being smart grin

This is an excerpt from a top catholic literature overseen by the Holy See

A recent article in OnePeterFive proposes that the Big Bang theory, – to be explained shortly – is a pagan proposition, replete with Gnostic overtones. One must be cautious here (and the author himself seems so, preferring apparently to remain anonymous). Just because a given scientific theory (or even religious truth) shares something with paganism, does not make it false. The Epic of Gilgamesh has a creation and flood story, even a sort of ‘fall’, as do any number of other ancient lores. As Saint Paul declared, the pagan world was not devoid of truth, and they have held dim echoes of the fullness of truth, in the generations soon after Adam, lost in the mist of time.

But to our point at hand: There in nothing ‘un-Catholic’ in the Big Bang, and much that is decidedly consistent with Catholicism, the theory itself being formulated by a Catholic priest, and championed by a Catholic pope

https://catholicinsight.com/the-big-bang-and-creation/

Next source… this is the excerpt

Yesterday, Pope Francis, the head of the Roman Catholic Church, said that Darwinian evolution is real, and so is the Big Bang, according to the Telegraph. Elsewhere in his speech to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pope said:
“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so,” Francis said.
He added: “He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfilment.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/pope-would-you-accept-evolution-and-big-bang-180953166/

They preach these things, especially in foreign catholic churches, from what I can see. Obviously I'm an atheist, so I don't attend Nigerian catholic churches, so have no idea what new bullshit they are dropping on their heads. But from the above, you can deduce the Catholic Church loves not just the big bang, but evolution. And they are tryna integrate it into the creation story. In the next 50 years, they would throw away that fairy tale of creation entirely.
You ended your statement by saying you are an atheist and you don't attend Nigerin Catholic churches. Let me know when you start to attend Catholic churches and then you can boldly tell me what they preach or believe in.

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2023
terrezo2002:

You ended your statement by saying you are an atheist and you don't attend Nigerin Catholic churches. Let me know when you start to attend Catholic churches and then you can boldly tell me what they preach or believe in.
… and you ignored the part I said other parts of the world preach it. But you are concentrating only on Nigeria, as if its the only Catholics in the world.
grin

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 11:36pm On Feb 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

… and you ignored the part I said other parts of the world preach it. But you are concentrating only on Nigeria, as if its the only Catholics in the world.
grin
You mentioned Nigeria first oga. Woo. Do what you like jaare. Believe whatever you want to believe
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 5:55am On Feb 02, 2023
terrezo2002:

You mentioned Nigeria first oga. Woo. Do what you like jaare. Believe whatever you want to believe
I carefully read through my posts. Never mentioned Nigeria. Only time I mentioned Nigeria was when I was talking about local preaching. Stop clutching at straws. You have been found wrong. Notice you didn't even post any shred of information countering all my evidences. Nothing. You ended with a limp 'believe what you like'. Bro, don't ever come arguing with me again. Is this how you convince people?

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 7:39am On Feb 02, 2023
jaephoenix:

I carefully read through my posts. Never mentioned Nigeria. Only time I mentioned Nigeria was when I was talking about local preaching. Stop clutching at straws. You have been found wrong. Notice you didn't even post any shred of information countering all my evidences. Nothing. You ended with a limp 'believe what you like'. Bro, don't ever come arguing with me again. Is this how you convince people?
I don't know who is in a competition with you. You should know I don't have your time. Say whatever you want to say and believe whatever you want to believe. The truth remains.
Good bye
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 10:13am On Feb 02, 2023
terrezo2002:

I don't know who is in a competition with you. You should know I don't have your time. Say whatever you want to say and believe whatever you want to believe. The truth remains.
Good bye
Right, Goodbye too. Have a good day cheesy
Re: God's Miracle by Dtruthspeaker: 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
jaephoenix:

First, before you reply me, I expected a right thinking person to read up what idiopathic means, but this is Dliespeaker, one of the dumbest theists to draw breath, so he doesn't care.
Idiopathic in medical science basically means, we dont know for now the etiology of a disease.

Now you are the stupid fool who has resorted to a desperate attempt to lie after seeing that I have shown the world that are a mad fool who had no intelligent thing to say.

So here you are desperately trying to find how you can reargue an argument you have already lost.

Nothing for you, you stupid mad Bastard.

The thread already has the Truth in it and in it, it can be seen that I got the point of your stupid idiopathic shit and responded to it and you responded back which ended in you looking like a stupid crazy fool with nothing to say.

It's right up here. All neatly tied up and settled.
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you are the stupid fool who has resorted to a desperate attempt to lie after seeing that I have shown the world that are a mad fool who had no intelligent thing to say.

So here you are desperately trying to find how you can reargue an argument you have already lost.

Nothing for you, you stupid mad Bastard.

The thread already has the Truth in it and in it, it can be seen that I got the point of your stupid idiopathic shit and responded to it and you responded back which ended in you looking like a stupid crazy fool with nothing to say.

It's right up here. All neatly tied up and settled.
Lol. Only thing I can see is stupid, mad, bastard. All part of Dliespeaker regular diction. Its getting kinda boring. At least if you must cuss me out, try and be inventive with them expletives, bro cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by Dtruthspeaker: 5:35am On Feb 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. Only thing I can see is stupid, mad, bastard. All part of Dliespeaker regular diction. Its getting kinda boring. At least if you must cuss me out, try and be inventive with them expletives, bro cheesy grin

Lulululu! I will not become a devil just because you devils are very very stupid. grin
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:39am On Feb 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Lulululu! I will not become a devil just because you devils are very very stupid. grin
Look, why don't you use newer term. Devils, bastards etc are less fashionable these days. You're getting boring these days. Or get a new English tutor

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by Dtruthspeaker: 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

Look, why don't you use newer term. Devils, bastards etc are less fashionable these days. You're getting boring these days. Or get a new English tutor

There is no greater description of evil persons like you and your company than the-evil, hence d'evil and no greater description of a dustbin worthy person like you, than a bastard. Bastard devil.
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:24am On Feb 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

There is no greater description of evil persons like you and your company than the-evil, hence d'evil and no greater description of a dustbin worthy person like you, than a bastard. Bastard devil.
Why don't use terms like Demons, Belzebub, Bephomet etc to describe atheists. You bore us with devil, Evil, Satan etc. I'll soon stop chatting with you if you keep boring me, bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Victorious Army Pastor Joseph Agboli And Wife Defraud Church Members / Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death / 8 Wives Of Popular Nigerian Pastors With The Most Attractive Looks

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.