Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,142 members, 7,916,343 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:01 PM

Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians (365 Views)

‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu / "Buhari Must Go" - Atiku Tells Cheering Adamawa Supporters / 2019: Go And Settle With Your God, Not Me; Atiku Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by ogododo: 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the decision of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to extend the January 31 deadline for currency swap to February 17, 2023, saying he hoped Nigerians will use the new window of extension to do the needful.

Recall that on earlier on Sunday, the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, announced that President Muhammadu Buhari had granted approval for a 10-day extension for currency swap from January 31, 2023, while the the apex bank has also added another seven-day grace.

Emefiele explained that at the expiration of the 10-day extension, Nigerians with old Naira notes will have to take them to the CBN directly for a swap with new notes.

ADVERTISEMENT
Atiku, who took to his verified social media handles on Sunday to comment on the development, described the deadline extension as commendable even as he called on the CBN to encourage the commercial banks to step up their mobile banking activities to ensure that Nigerians in remote areas and the unbanked benefit from the extension.

The PDP presidential candidate wrote: “It is commendable that the CBN finally listened to the patriotic voices for a slight extension of the January 31 deadline for the exchange of old Naira notes to minimise its adverse effects on the most vulnerable of our people.

“I suggest that the CBN should encourage the banks to step up their mobile banking activities to ensure that Nigerians in remote areas and the unbanked benefit from this extension.

“It is my hope that Nigerians will take advantage of this new window to change their old notes to new ones. -AA.”

https://leadership.ng/use-new-window-to-change-your-old-naira-notes-atiku-tells-nigerians/
Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by Johnthejohn(m): 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by 9jii(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Cabals are for Atiku, IPOB are for Obi only patriotic Nigerians are for Tinubu.
Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by GoodHardDickk: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
Tinubu is a very big fool, along with Atiku the idiot Dubai landlord. These two fools will be taught a bitter lesson come Feb 25

1 Like

Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by Felimax(m): 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oga I beg nor forget to RESTRUCTURE Nigeria when you get to power.

I am tired of those people claiming that SS belongs to them.
Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by OLADD: 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
9jii:
Cabals are for Atiku, IPOB are for Obi only patriotic Nigerians are for Tinubu.
You are wrong, Atiku only has common sense and sense of patrotism working for him.

1 Like

Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by OLADD: 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
GoodHardDickk:
Tinubu is a very big fool, along with Atiku the idiot Dubai landlord. These two fools will be taught a bitter lesson come Feb 25
Who is teaching the bitter lesson, you and your rudderless empty barrels?
Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by OLADD: 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Felimax:
Oga I beg nor forget to RESTRUCTURE Nigeria when you get to power.

I am tired of those people claiming that SS belongs to them.
Atiku is a man of his words, he'll surely do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by ogododo: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
OLADD:
Atiku is a man of his words, he'll surely do it.
Yes, na so. Okowa be better VP.
Nlpfmod.
Re: Use New Window To Change Your Old Naira Notes, Atiku Tells Nigerians by bejamina: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
Lol. Atiku the SPV.

Vote Peter George Obi

(1) (Reply)

Obi, Kwankwaso Won’t Step Down For Atiku – Parties / The Naked Truth Behind Marijuana / Opinion: Re: Machina Vs Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.