Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,872,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 (10522 Views)

Seria A: Victor Osimhen Scores As Napoli Defeat Udinese 4 - 0 / Osimhen, Simeon Nwankwo On Target As Napoli Defeat Crotone / Osimhen Sees First Career Red Card In Napoli's Defeat Of Real Sociedad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n3QjqDhBwE

Victor Osimhen and Giovanni Simeone ensured Napoli continued their march towards a first Serie A title in over three decades with the decisive goal in a 2-1 win over Roma which pushed the team 13 points clear of the chasing pack.

Osimhen almost brought the house down in the 17th minute when he brilliantly chested down Khvicha Kvaratskhelia’s cross, took another touch with his thigh before lashing in without the ball touching the floor.

His 14th league strike of the campaign was one of the goals of the season and a blistering opener to an enthralling encounter which ended with Napoli taking yet another step towards glory.

Substitute Simeone rifled home a wonderful finish at the end of a long passing move with four minutes remaining at the bouncing Stadio Maradona to see off a spirited Roma team who thought they had escaped with a point when Stephan El Shaarawy levelled in the 75th minute.

However, Luciano Spalletti’s side are now 13 points clear of Inter Milan, the closest challengers after champions AC Milan were humbled 5-2 by Sassuolo to leave their title defence in tatters.

Home fans hoping for an end to their 33-year wait for the Scudetto let out a powerful roar of joy and relief at the final whistle after coming through a hard-fought contest with fierce rivals Roma thanks to Simeone’s fifth goal after coming off the bench this season.

“I tried to give everything I had. I did the best thing possible today which was get the winner. I am so happy,” said Simeone.

Roma can consider themselves unfortunate to leave Naples with nothing after impressing despite the backroom drama involving want-away star Nicolo Zaniolo poisoning their pre-match preparation.

Jose Mourinho’s team sit sixth, a point behind the Champions League positions and Milan who have been dumped down to fifth following their humiliating defeat and Lazio’s 1-1 draw with Fiorentina.

AFP
https://punchng.com/osimhen-scores-as-napoli-defeat-roma-2-1/

11 Likes

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by letristian: 6:35am On Jan 30, 2023
We're proud of you Victor

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by HomeTutorsPro: 6:35am On Jan 30, 2023
Great one from a great player in a great fashion at such a great time!
Watching Osimhen do his thing on the pitch gives me joy.
The dude is a star by all ramifications.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Cyphar(m): 6:35am On Jan 30, 2023
This dude truly deserves the increment from Napoli
.... Hotie hotie

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Augustinaz(m): 6:36am On Jan 30, 2023
good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by pargelenis(m): 6:37am On Jan 30, 2023
I hope he helps Napoli win Serie A and Champions league this season (I don tire for Hala Madrid every year)

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by alvincruse(m): 6:37am On Jan 30, 2023
Victor
Osimhen, Agba Baller

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by BabaOfLagos: 6:38am On Jan 30, 2023
Yes great football from the boys, immediately Oshimen scored in the early stage, I knew my Ov1.5 prediction was a simple green.
Their H2H is mostly same.

For those who understands Basketball profits.. See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675/

3 Likes

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by ghiloman28(m): 6:39am On Jan 30, 2023
With this persistence he will surely be among the best striker of his time. God bless him

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by BeanX(m): 6:39am On Jan 30, 2023
Osimehen is a force to reckon with, the boy is too good.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by ebenezary(m): 6:39am On Jan 30, 2023
it was a wonderful goal that almost tear the net,

Withdraw from your permanently limited paypal account fast

2 Likes

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by twin7: 6:41am On Jan 30, 2023
See goalll
Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Ruggedniggaone: 6:44am On Jan 30, 2023
Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by DaveHarry(m): 6:45am On Jan 30, 2023
Osimhen is already the African men's footballer of the year 2023 no doubt.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Dhanidhamy(m): 6:46am On Jan 30, 2023
Osimhen is just tooo good.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Lumig: 6:48am On Jan 30, 2023
angry
Victor Osimhen the Prince of Naples cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:49am On Jan 30, 2023
Roma were all over the place with poor confidence and defending. Congratulations to Napoli

1 Like

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by davibid: 6:49am On Jan 30, 2023
That goal will definitely contest for goal of the season. Seriously that control was superb.
Congratulations to Oshi 👏👏👏👏

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Itisallright: 6:51am On Jan 30, 2023
The guy is on fire 🔥, he made me support Napoli from two season ago and i never regret supporting them.... Victor is joy to watch

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by jojothaiv(m): 6:51am On Jan 30, 2023
This nigga and Lookman are onto bigger things.

I pray they glow brighter and grow bigger than this.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by worldclass68(m): 6:53am On Jan 30, 2023
Osimehn and lookman dey hot.

4 Likes

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by funshint(m): 7:00am On Jan 30, 2023
Osimhen is on Fire🔥

3 Likes

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by vickydevoka(m): 7:01am On Jan 30, 2023
Give me giovanne simone over osimeh
Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by MrJames007: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2023
But he couldn't take Nigeria to world cup. Useless boy.
Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Freshtruth(m): 7:05am On Jan 30, 2023
Oga leave Napoli you are now bigger than Napoli. Come EPL abeg Chelsea or Newcastle will be a good destination.

2 Likes

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Freshtruth(m): 7:09am On Jan 30, 2023
vickydevoka:
oga

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by FireUpNow(m): 7:12am On Jan 30, 2023
Victor Oshime is a joy to watch. Shane to that useless guy from Spain claiming that the transfer of Victor to Napoli was inflated. He can blaze of while our own is proving his worth on the field of play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by MrBONE2(m): 7:15am On Jan 30, 2023
vickydevoka:
Aswear mods need to ban this Bwana grin

1 Like

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Angelfrost(m): 7:24am On Jan 30, 2023
That Osimhen's goal was something else... Even one of his opponents had to clap! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Okpeke22: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2023
vickydevoka:
Both are in Naples, go take Simeone and leave Osihmen for us.
Re: Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 by Angelfrost(m): 7:28am On Jan 30, 2023
Freshtruth:
Oga leave Napoli you are now bigger than Napoli. Come EPL abeg Chelsea or Newcastle will be a good destination.

Newcastle maybe, but Chelsea?!! Nah! That would be the end of his career!

Clubs he should avoid in EPL:

Both Manchester clubs
Chelsea
Spurs

Great fits include:
Arsenal
Brentford (if they can afford him)
Newcastle

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup / Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches / Nigeria Defeats Uganda 1-0 To Qualify For Under 20 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.