Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,582 members, 7,941,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? (37018 Views)

Why Do We Board On Aeroplanes From The Left-hand Side / Aeroplanes Can Now Refuel At The Anambra Airport / Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? by deepwater(f): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2023
Gangster1ms:

What about the passengers and their luggages? Do they also spray them the disinfectant water?

Yes
Passengers are bring sprayed disinfectant inside the aircraft before leaving Nigeria.

The reason why is that some countries require aircraft cabins to be sprayed with pesticides to kill insects and stop the spread of diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, and Zika.

W.H.O says the insecticide is harmless to people. But I have witnessed it many times, it is quite humiliating to be asked to close your eyes so they van spray their "flit" on you as if u are the disease itself.
Re: Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? by ibinaboonline: 1:01am On Feb 02, 2023
LOL. My belle o
Tokskob2008:

You are right but it might not make FP for at least some days to come. If it were to be "see the catfish I bought for #50 and how I ate it" with just two or three post you will see it on the FP....
Re: Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? by godofuck231: 5:16am On Feb 02, 2023
Sorry apc and buhari is not awia, thus kind of attitude is bad and will not be tolerated , uts a total waste of natural resources ..... if buhari no know no one will ever know why
Re: Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? by TeezyMarley01: 5:50am On Feb 02, 2023
[quote author=Antoeni post=120542861]Am Tired of Pretending, Please Why Do They Pour Water On international Flights On Arrival?[/

Re: Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? by Midex88(m): 6:38am On Feb 02, 2023
Water salutes have been used to mark the retirement of a senior pilot or air traffic controller, the first or last flight of an airline to an airport, the first or last flight of a type of aircraft, as a token of respect for the remains of soldiers killed in action, or other notable events. When the Concorde flew its last flight from John F. Kennedy International Airport, blue, white and red coloured plumes were used.

Water salutes are also used for ships and other watercraft, with water being delivered by fireboats. This is often done for the first or last visit or retirement of a senior captain, the first or last cruise of a ship, the visit of a warship, or other ceremonial occasions.
Re: Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? by kelspinall(m): 8:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
nice thread
Re: Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? by meobizy(f): 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
I honestly thought it was to give them a rinse. You learn something new daily.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Student's In Philipines, How Do You Survive? / My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos) / Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.