Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,048 members, 7,980,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 11:02 PM

Scarcity Of New Naira Note Hits Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scarcity Of New Naira Note Hits Abuja (216 Views)

Transport Fare Skyrocket As Fuel Scarcity Hits Abuja, Five States / Tragedy Hits Abuja, 30 Killed In Landslide, 19 Abducted / Fuel Scarcity Hits Abuja As Marketers Shut Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scarcity Of New Naira Note Hits Abuja by sabbathday: 11:13am On Feb 01, 2023
Nigerians have been finding it difficult to obtain the new naira note, particularly in the country's state capital. Last week, I was driving along the Wuse Road when I noticed a possible queue. My mind told me it was a fuel queue, but when I got close, I discovered it was a queue for the new naira note , but to my surprise, it was a group of people lining up at the front of an ATM to obtain the new naira note. This is absurd, and I will say it is a poor implementation by the federal government.
[img][/img]

Every time I see new and old naira notes, I think to myself, "This change in currency does not contribute to the growth of our economy or the country as a whole." It only serves as an inconvenience to citizens who are trying to get their hard-earned money.

If this is happening in the state of Washington, what do you think will happen to people in rural areas? Nigeria has been a country that provides laws that only benefit the rich and leave the poor behind This sentiment is especially true in the rural areas of Nigeria, where economic growth is minimal and poverty is rampant.

Every day, I look up at the sky and see planes flying here and there, which simply means people are traveling from one country to another, and I know that most of our representatives travel out of the country, which means they can see how other countries build their countries and their wealthy economies.

We have an abundance of youth in every state, no good roads, no good hospitals, and no free education, and parents are struggling to send their children to school due to their inability to raise funds to send their child or children to school. It is an unfortunate reality that in a country with so many natural resources, the poorest of its citizens are left behind while the wealthiest travel abroad and enjoy the luxuries of life This sense of inequality and injustice is all the more stark when one takes into account the great disparities between those who have access to quality education, health care, and economic opportunities and those who do not.

I challenge the federal government to recognize that whoever proposes redesigning the new naira note represents a major issue for this country that must be addressed.

How can we rebuild this country? The simplest and most straightforward way for both young and old citizens of this country to get their PVC ready and be prepared to vote for the right person is to do away with receiving money to vote for a party because of the 5000 naira.

It takes me five days to distinguish between a 500 and 200 naira note because they look alike, and for you to know On July 1, 1959, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) issued Nigerian currency banknotes, while the WACB-issued banknotes and coins were withdrawn. It was not until July 1, 1962, that the currency was changed to reflect the country's republican status. Since the invention of the new naira, how has this contributed to the progress of this country? When we talk of independence in Nigeria, where has this taken us or what have we gained?

Think, my dear reader, and vote for the right candidate.

I remain your humble writer KIXMYPIANO

Flying Eagles Marketing Services CEO

_content protected_

(1) (Reply)

APC Agents Wrote Fake Petition To Buhari Against , Akpoti-uduaghan – Coalition, / Senator Ubanesse Igbeke's Purported Exile - A Lie Already Condemned By Nsugbe / Let Us Appreciate Our Commercial Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.