Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,807 members, 7,905,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! (4707 Views)

Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition / Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. / Which call/chatting habits of people mostly gets you pissed off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by netwhiz: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
Let me start this by saying that I am a power Internet user, who spends about 85% of my Working Day on the INTERNET. Now, because of this I have about 4 different Internet modems, 5 if you add my Blackberry Internet Service. The breakdown follows; 1 IPNX Modem, 1 Glo Huawei Modem (which was cracked to use Any GSM Network SIM) and 2 Visafone Modems. So the fact that I had 2 Visafone modems would let you know that they were my latest Love (at least for the last 1 year or so) and I use both interchangeably with different plans to give my unlimited Internet Access. About 3 days ago, I went out to by 14,000 NGN worth of Visafone recharge credit to load my usual 2 plans on both sticks (I use the 7K per month 8am to 9am unlimited data plan and also load the 100 Hrs data plan for 6.5K) and with these 2 plans I am able to satisfy my very high Internet appetite. When I tried to load these plans by dialing the required RC data code, I got an entirely different menu which was very different from what I am used to. They have broken down the data plans to 150MB, 3 GB, 5 GB, 10GB, etc and the 3GB plan went for 6K!!!! 3GB for 6K?? shocked!x embarassed This plan will not even last me 1 week!!! They had taken all the other user friendly data plans like the monthly 8am to 9pm and the 100 Hrs!!!!

I decided to call the Customer Care line and I was very miffed that I could not speak to an operator because one very 'smart' person in Visafone decided that there should be no 'waiting queue' and instead they asked you to keep calling and just 'maybe' there will be a free operator!!!! I am even sure that was been done on purpose so that they can speak to less people with real problems. I jump into my car and drive to the Victoria Island customer service center and the person said ', oh! you didn't know? we have changed all our plans' and I asked why did you not inform your customers that there were going to be changes and did you guys do a research to find out what people really wanted or the decision was taken purely out of exploitation and profit making extorting money from loyal subscribers! I told her that I am very sure that a lot of Visafone customers will be lost for this one! She almost said 'you wanna bet?' even if I cant remember her exact words but that was what she meant.

I reluctantly loaded the 3G data plan so that my little investment will not be lost and on using the Internet, I am FORCEFULLY redirected to the VISAFONE SIM REGISTRATION page without any warning!!!!! embarassed  embarassed  cry . This was very worrysome to me because I cannot even work properly. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CONSUMER PROTECTION RIGHTS?? I AM SOOOO PISSED OFF WITH VISAFONE NOW AND THIS JUST CAPPED A VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE WITH VISAFONE. I WILL SCREAM FOR THE WORLD TO HEAR THIS AND I WILL TAKE UP THE CHALLENGE OF THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE!!!!! GUYS LETS WHIP THESE GREEDY OPERATORS BACK IN LINE,
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by werepeLeri: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2011
They simply changed their plans - go to their office and see. They just launched the new series on Monday.

I use Visafone and big ups for them.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by netwhiz: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2011
Hey werepeLeri, while it is very obvious that they have changed their plans it is not so obvious to you that these new plans have limitations !
Let me help you put things in perspective: A good movie download = 700 MB which is 0.7 GB or a Windows 2008 Service Pack download = 480MB or 0.5GB.

By the time you do this 5 or 6 times your Internet is finished. Now if you have only 3GB of data cap for your Internet, what can you do with that? Compare this with what we had before, 7K for 1 month internet access 8am till 9pm daily and the data cap was unlimited!!!! You find out that if you are a serious Internet user you'll be buying 3GB (6K) Internet every week!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo pissed!!!!!!!!
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by mashnino(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
guy me too ooo, i am finkin of goin to starcomms, very useless guys
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by werepeLeri: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2011
Starcomms? U kidding? I went from Visafone to starcomms and I hated myself for that. Now I am back to Visafone.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by mashnino(m): 2:05am On Sep 10, 2011
So u mean i should stay with my visafone, thankz for the tip man, i for don jam fat pole
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by werepeLeri: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
mashnino:

So u mean i should stay with my visafone, thankz for the tip man, i for don jam fat pole

LOL
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by fibgate: 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2011
Visafone just felt they are the best and they will regret what they have done. Do u know with their unlimited you cannot use more than 20gb in a month. An alternative will spring up soon. Let us join hands and look for alternative.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by derolemode(m): 10:28am On Mar 25, 2012
i think you guys need to consider mtn because they also have time base plan and its unlimited.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by bigfat01: 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
any update on visafone ?i want to purchase it for my cafe ...
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by chazzyx: 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hi all. Thanks to the originators and supporters of Nairaland. Am new here and wish to state that I have benefitted from contributions of members on the various topics I have read on at Nairaland.

My joining was hastened in part as a result of the need to reach out to other Nigerians and sound the message of VISAFONE. For now, there is general poor data services from all the networks in our edge-of-Naija locality in Akwa Ibom.

I WANT OTHERS TO LEARN FROM MY PAINFUL VISAFONE EXPERIENCES.

I RESORTED TO NAIRALAND TO CONSOLE MYSELF AFTER TRYING TO GET THEM TO CHANGE WITHOUT

ANY SUCCESS.

ON THE SIDE, THEIR SISTER COMPANY (ZENITH BANK) WHERE I BANK ALSO HAVE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES

HABITS, ALONG WITH MULTIPLE CHARGES WHICH I SEE AS SHARP PRACTICES. HAVE ACTUALLY HAD THEIR

STAFF REFUND A FRAUDULENT CHARGE OFF-RECORD AFTER A VALID COMPLAINT.

BACK TO THE MAIN MATTER.

VISAFONE TO ME IS A COMPANY SET UP TO EXPLOIT NIGERIANS.

ALL THEIR DEVICES HAVE THIS AUTO-RENEWAL FEATURE WHICH USES YOUR CREDIT AS VISAFONE PLEASES TO

RENEW ANY SERVICE YOU ARE SUBSCRIBED TO.

THE VARIOUS STAFFS I HAVE ASKED TO HAVE IT DISABLED HAVE GLADLY TOLD ME IT WAS FACTORY

INSTALLED AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT. NCC, NAIJA CONSUMER (UN)PROTECT - HEAR

THIS. THEY ONLY STOPPED SHORT OF TELLING ME AT THE DIFFERNENT TIMES, IT IS VISAFONE MANAGEMENT

JOY-MACHINE.

I HAVE POINTED OUT TO THEM IN THEIR ABA, EKET AND IKEJA OFFICES THAT THIS ACT IS

FRAUDULENT. THEY JUST STARE AT YOU INDIFFERENTLY WHEN YOU SPEAK.

I HAVE LOST MONEY ON THIS AT DIFFERENT TIMES - OUR CROSS AS NIGERIANS IS FRAUDULENT SERVICE

EVEN FROM SEEMINGLY NIGERIAN COMPANIES.

VISAFONE! (SOUNDS ROBBERFONE TO ME). TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by ezeuba(m): 7:29am On Sep 20, 2012
chazzyx: Hi all. Thanks to the originators and supporters of Nairaland. Am new here and wish to state that I have benefitted from contributions of members on the various topics I have read on at Nairaland.

My joining was hastened in part as a result of the need to reach out to other Nigerians and sound the message of VISAFONE. For now, there is general poor data services from all the networks in our edge-of-Naija locality in Akwa Ibom.

I WANT OTHERS TO LEARN FROM MY PAINFUL VISAFONE EXPERIENCES.

I RESORTED TO NAIRALAND TO CONSOLE MYSELF AFTER TRYING TO GET THEM TO CHANGE WITHOUT

ANY SUCCESS.

ON THE SIDE, THEIR SISTER COMPANY (ZENITH BANK) WHERE I BANK ALSO HAVE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES

HABITS, ALONG WITH MULTIPLE CHARGES WHICH I SEE AS SHARP PRACTICES. HAVE ACTUALLY HAD THEIR

STAFF REFUND A FRAUDULENT CHARGE OFF-RECORD AFTER A VALID COMPLAINT.

BACK TO THE MAIN MATTER.

VISAFONE TO ME IS A COMPANY SET UP TO EXPLOIT NIGERIANS.

ALL THEIR DEVICES HAVE THIS AUTO-RENEWAL FEATURE WHICH USES YOUR CREDIT AS VISAFONE PLEASES TO

RENEW ANY SERVICE YOU ARE SUBSCRIBED TO.

THE VARIOUS STAFFS I HAVE ASKED TO HAVE IT DISABLED HAVE GLADLY TOLD ME IT WAS FACTORY

INSTALLED AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT. NCC, NAIJA CONSUMER (UN)PROTECT - HEAR

THIS. THEY ONLY STOPPED SHORT OF TELLING ME AT THE DIFFERNENT TIMES, IT IS VISAFONE MANAGEMENT

JOY-MACHINE.

I HAVE POINTED OUT TO THEM IN THEIR ABA, EKET AND IKEJA OFFICES THAT THIS ACT IS

FRAUDULENT. THEY JUST STARE AT YOU INDIFFERENTLY WHEN YOU SPEAK.

I HAVE LOST MONEY ON THIS AT DIFFERENT TIMES - OUR CROSS AS NIGERIANS IS FRAUDULENT SERVICE

EVEN FROM SEEMINGLY NIGERIAN COMPANIES.

VISAFONE! (SOUNDS ROBBERFONE TO ME). TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Kindly dial *444*603*yournumber# to cancel any data plan once it has expired or bandwidth exhausted. This takes care of the auto-renewal.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by mothug: 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
Hi fellow Nigerians. I was thinking I was the only one pissed about this crazy policy they just implimented without adequate research of what amount of data the customers consumed. I think they only considered people one commentator I noticed named werepere or something on this forum. If they should consider our own internet usage I think they won't change policy withouth seeking how much data we consumed. I personally took the battle to their facebook page but they have nothing better to say about it. Let's just hope we find another alternatvie soon. Internet is not getting any cheaper in this country and that is so so bad for the level of our development. Corporate companies in Nigeria are all about greedy profit making. We people should wake up and speak against this greedy style of business such as that of visafone. May God help us in this crazy country.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by mothug: 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
Hi fellow Nigerians. I was thinking I was the only one pissed about this crazy policy they just implimented without adequate research of what amount of data the customers consumed. I think they only considered people one commentator I noticed named werepere or something on this forum. If they should consider our own internet usage I think they won't change policy withouth seeking how much data we consumed. I usually subscribe to their unlimited plan for #16,000 monthly which was now reduced to 20gigabyte and I found this ridiculous. This is certainly not cheap and its sort of exploitation to me. I wonder what hypothethis they use in coming to a conclusion that average costumers on their data plan don't exhaust 20gigabyte in a month. It's crazy of them to make such irrational conclusion. I personally took the battle to their facebook page but they have nothing better to say about it. Let's just hope we find another alternatvie soon. Internet is not getting any cheaper in this country and that is so so bad for the level of our development. Corporate companies in Nigeria are all about greedy profit making. We people should wake up and speak against this greedy style of business such as that of visafone. May God help us in this crazy country.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by chazzyx: 8:12am On Oct 25, 2012
I was so pissed of with the monies lost to VISAFONE autorenewal feature that after calling at their office in Eket without any help as to changing my plan even at a reduced data volume, I used a friend's faster internet connection (Imagine me, whose subscription has just been Autorenewed begging another person so I could be on the net). As almost all websites do not open with the VISAFONE 1X DATA BUNDLE THAT TOPS OUT AT 75kbps - I challenge VISAFONE TO PROVE ME WRONG, NCC INVESTIGATE THIS FRAUDULENT PRACTICE SO AS TO MAKE THEM PAY RESTITUTION TO THOSE AFFECTED. And visited NCC website (which of course did not open on my Visafoen 1X DATABUNDLE) where I was able to lay a formal complaint. Like with most things Nigerian, the complaint form had some of the questions linked to the unnecessary bureaucratic responses from the affected
Telecommunication network. Like, IF I HAVE BEEN TO THE OFFICE VISAFONE, THEIR RESPONSE AND THE NAME OF THE STAFF THAT ATTENDED TO ME. Can you Imagine somebody leaving his job to go lay a complaint and all the thoughtless questions. I had to give responses that allowed the process to continue. The form also had very limited word space to complete my complaint. I had to use shorthand.

Funnily, not up to an hour's time, I was called from the VISAFONE customer care unit asking me the usual questions. I told the customer rep, that if he can see my profile, I have been an internet user since the time of Bourdex in our locale (long before visafone bought Bourdex), and have bought quite a number of Visafone data enabled devices from Visafone Deskphones to Visafone 1X data phones to their MotoQ mobile office phone to their modems. This is because the
GSM networks before now, have not considered subscribers in smaller cities to be even educated enough to need data services.

THE INTERACTION:

VISAFONE CUTOMER REP: Hello, what problems are u having wt ur subscription,

CHAZZYX: many. The visa autorenewal feature is pissing me off. I have asked for it to be disabled before in your offices. And they said it is not possible before now, after I have lost money up to three times when trying to Subscribe EVDO and at another time I thougth I could use it like the phone to transfer credit only for the money to be stuck and Auto renewal had a field day renewing my subscriptions with it. <<<I HAV 2 GO WIL BE CONT'D>>>.
He then asked me if he could reset my subscription and then put me on the EVDO I requested.
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by Chikebrain: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
I'll advise ya'll to do the unlimited browsing through MTN BIS or multiLinks Evdo Modem. I;m currently using it and it saves me money from subscribing huge amount of money for an unlimited data plan and getting nothing out of it. The unlimited browsing is extremely fast and reliable. Send a mail to chike.louis@yahoo.com or chat with me live on [url]louisint.2itb.com[/url]
Re: Why I Am Soooo Pissed Off With Visafone! by blackproud: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
[size=15pt]do anyone have visaphone modem for sale ?[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 5 And Infinix Note 5 Pro Specifications , Release Date And Price / How To Get 50MB Everyday For Free On MTN Network. No Deadline!!! / How Much Will This Power Bank Cost Me ( Picture Below)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.