Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,104 members, 7,942,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Knowledge Isn't Really Power - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Knowledge Isn't Really Power (281 Views)

Isn't This Too Much For A 4year Old. / UNILAG Student "Happy" About The ASUU Strike Because "School Isn't It" (Video) / Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Knowledge Isn't Really Power by Penwielder: 10:28am On Feb 02, 2023
There are a thousand and one things knowledge can do for us. It gives us an added advantage, an edge over the ignorant. It is undeniably a powerful resource. In some cases, it can be the thin line between life and death. Sometimes, an apparently little knowledge can make a whole world of difference.

I know you're already wondering if I'm not confused. My title has the bold caption that knowledge isn't really power, and in my very first paragraph I'm emphatically stating how beneficial knowledge can be. Ah, but my wits are still with me.

While knowledge can indeed be very impactful, there's only one way it can profit anyone. So, the power of knowledge can only be released and enjoyed when this one condition is met. And that is to simply take action. If we do not act on or apply the knowledge we have, it will literally profit us nothing. The best of knowledge remains mere information if not applied or acted upon.

Knowledge is just like potential energy. It is when it is applied that it becomes kinetic and useful. So don't just be contented with filling your bank of knowledge; practice what you know. Those that get the best out of the world are not just thinkers or "knowers", but intrepid fighters and rugged action takers. It takes ample courage to survive in this world. And courage is not the absence of fear. It is rather the ability to fight through the fears, the doubts, the voices yelling in your head and telling you you'll never measure up and still get the job done.

Never stop at acquiring knowledge. Take it one step further. Put what you know to practice. In Jesus' words, doing this is akin to building your house on a rock. An unapplied knowledge is no different from a man building his house on sand, and such a house will eventually crash.

Fight your fears. Go put what you know into practice.
Rooting for you,
J. Ebute (Penwielder)

1 Like

Re: Knowledge Isn't Really Power by Penwielder: 10:35am On Feb 02, 2023
To get more value, follow me on WhatsApp:

https:///Penwielder

And Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100045563449794

(1) (Reply)

Get A Tech Skill Today! / Success In Life: What Does It Mean And How To Achieve It? / Cloud Computing Course | Intellipaat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.