Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,161 members, 7,887,382 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:59 AM

The Struggles With Withdrawing Money From Your Bank ATM. Share Your Experience. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Struggles With Withdrawing Money From Your Bank ATM. Share Your Experience. (262 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Set Access Bank ATM Ablaze In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / June 12: The Role Buhari Played During The Struggles - Sowore (VIDEO) / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Struggles With Withdrawing Money From Your Bank ATM. Share Your Experience. by Noblemarce: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
The change of the Naira note has been graced with so much turbulence in different parts of the country.

According to our Financial players in the country, the change intended to curtail the level at which money was looted and hoarded by some criminal elements and political classes, and also, to disarm politicians who use money as a weapon for all sorts of electoral crimes.

It is crystal clear that the above aim has been defeated or might not be achieved as the case might be. This is because the structures and systems to make it work were not in place before the decision was made.

As such, average Nigerians have been ridiculed, maligned, insulted, suffered and mocked in the name of a change of currency.

Today. I've never felt bad as I did today. A feeling of disappointment and at the same time, pain and unease for what our beloved country has been levelled to.

I went out as early as five in the morning. Wrote my name and received my number. As the fifth person. Only for us to discover that the ATM had no cash in it. This was after we have queued for more than an hour, without being told. Same thing happened to several people, who went to other banks to withdraw. The annoying part is that, if you go to other banks that are not your own bank, they pay you #1000. Only.

This is what happens to so many Nigerians currently, they've been reduced to nothing and ridiculed.

My submission remains that the ruling class wants to use hunger as a weapon for this coming election, to ensure that people will have no choice than to subscribe to their gimmicks again.

We have no access to the old note due to the massive deposit of it before the extension of February 10th. Now, the new note is not in circulation. I strongly believe that something is cooking.

If not, explain!

Share your own experience.
Re: The Struggles With Withdrawing Money From Your Bank ATM. Share Your Experience. by incandescentena: 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
Endsarzz part 2 loading!!
Re: The Struggles With Withdrawing Money From Your Bank ATM. Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
This withdrawal of a thing dey affect people oo
Re: The Struggles With Withdrawing Money From Your Bank ATM. Share Your Experience. by Missgeraldine(f): 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
When they tell you to vote wisely...you listen very obediently.

Vote OBI2023

1 Like

Re: The Struggles With Withdrawing Money From Your Bank ATM. Share Your Experience. by Hopium: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hopium:
What i've been hammering about since the cbn announced the redesign is manifesting in different ways.

Like El-Rufai said initiating naira redesign just because of electoral purpose is foolish. Not only does it make zero economic sense, it has no political value. You can't beat the elite this way. There's a reason they're called elites. Kwankwanso has voiced against the policy; same as Tinubu.

The electorates or citizens that the myopic Buhari thinks he's protecting are the ones suffering it. From controlling large shares in top banks to mopping up notes from the lower class of the society, how has this solved vote buying?

One key observation is than Peter Obi hasn't said anything about the scarcity or policy. It's like his fans are queuing for cash or suffering the effect. Is this the man obidients said will deliver Nigerians from the shackles of their oppressors? Not even a word to score political points. This man go worse pass Buhari as i dey look am so.

(1) (Reply)

Reporting Of Currency Crisis In UK Press / Atiku: Will Fully Exploit Bauchi/gombe Oil Find As President – Atiku / Why Is APC Now Using Fake Pictures, Without Videos To Campaign For Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.