Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,347 members, 7,978,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:15 PM

Funeral Question - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Funeral Question (230 Views)

‘let Me Out!’ Man Speaks From His Own Grave At His Funeral / Ghanaian Man Weeps As Car He Borrowed To Attend Funeral Gets Burnt On The Road / Funeral Arrangements For Late Actor Aka Bossman Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funeral Question by jackaustin631: 1:52am On Feb 03, 2023
I have an extended family member (Eric, 33) who was Buddhist but just recently passed. His family is VERY Christian (like believing the King James version is the only proper Bible) and his uncle (a southern Baptist preacher, who will be officiating) strong-armed his mother to have a Christian funeral service to ask. (The service hasn't taken place yet) It bothers me immensely they are not respecting Eric in life or death. Part of me wants to at least place a picture of the Buddha at his casket and lay some fruit, invite some local monks, and read a section on "A Buddhist Reflects on Happy Living", etc but I have a feeling that that will cause an uproar and remove the peace & serenity. Do I just leave it alone and let it be or what? I don't identify with any one religion but it bothers me to no end that they don't respect his religion and that they are going to use Eric's passing as a way to "save" the people attending & not celebrating or remembering Eric. Eric was a great person and this hurts my heart so much. I'd appreciate any help, insight, or advice. Thank you all

(1) (Reply)

All Yoruba Medias Let Us Stop Fighting Each Other,prevent The Election Instead / The Best Dakimakura Pillows In The World / Itel 4G For Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.