Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,416 members, 7,881,525 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working (426 Views)

CBN Say Nigeria Food Importation Bill Has Risen By 45% - Shehu Sani Reacts / When You Say 'over My Dead Body Will Biafra Exist' You Will Die - Nnamdi Kanu / Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by hisexcellency34: 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Nigerians on Friday blasted the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) over its Naira redesign policy saying they are being subjected to hardship in withdrawing their monies in banks across the country.

In a bid to address the long queues at Automated Teller Machines nationwide, the apex bank on Thursday directed Deposit Money Banks to begin paying the newly designed notes over the counter to customers immediately not exceeding a maximum of N20,000.

On Friday, it posted on its official Twitter handle @cenbank "Over-the-counter cash withdrawals are now available. We are working hard to ensure that commercial banks serve Nigerians efficiently".

Responding to the tweet, many Nigerians condemned the Naira redesign policy, saying they are unable to withdraw their monies which has subjected them to untold hardship.

A Twitter user @Hayzed_bams wrote "No cash is available at @PolarisBankLtd ikotun, I was in the bank since around 6:45am , I didn't collect 1kobo at counter. ATM is not working".

Also replying to Central Bank, another Twitter user Raimi Omotilewa @IsomadOmotilewa wrote "The banks are giving out 3k or 5k maximum, is that your instruction?"

Akwuobi Chukwudi @akwuobichukwudi wrote "This is fallacious I am just coming out of the bank . Since morning can’t even transfer inside the bank not to talk of withdrawal. Couldn’t pay for transport the bolt had to leave me on trust. The one that brought me back I had to borrow from a woman selling on my street".

David Omotayo @DavidOmotayo3 wrote "So sad. Too pathetic. Wicked souls with wicked policy not always considering the larger poor populace before holding a stringent policy. People fighting and dieing even over their sweat. This is evil and uncivilized policy making process".

Aliyu Lawal @Boyjibia wrote "It’s just a mere saying cus I went to Accessbank branch opposite Buk old site Kano to collect counter withdrawal but they were saying different things that they don’t have cash. Kindly look into it and responds".

https://independent.ng/naira-redesign-nigerians-blast-cbn-say-over-the-counter-withdrawal-not-working/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by dynicks(m): 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2023
Honestly, Nigeria is really in a bad state currently!!...
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by Chinonye2022(m): 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nothing is moving again 😭
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by nairavsdollars(f): 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
Buhari should be careful and not test patience of Nigerians. Nobody knows where this will end
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by derecho(m): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nigerians are blaming APC especially Tinubu NOT CBN.

Reason: Tinubu's 2019 Bullion van forced The APC led FG to redesign the naira.
Tinubu's corrupt tendency forced Buhari to do it.

So Tinubu is the cause

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by nairavsdollars(f): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2023
And do you think Tinubu is suffering the effect now or poor masses? Wake up
derecho:

So Tinubu is the cause

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by derecho(m): 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
Which Nigerians? Or Tinubu you mean?
Tell Tinubu to release the new naira notes he is hoarding.

We know his antics.
nairavsdollars:
Buhari should be careful and not test patience of Nigerians. Nobody knows where this will end
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by Emmy909: 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
Buhari has fail totally. So dumb with his policy, 8 years backward with lot of money being borrowed

He blocked the border- is rice now 10k per bag!
Fuel - 350
No money
High cost of living

We all sit as if nothing is happening, ya all need to shut this political mentality and stand up for our right
They divided us with political mentality, tinubu can't go hungry or hustle for money at the banks,

The only people who are in support of this hardship Nigerians are going through right now are Obi and Atiku's supporters. They are doing so just to score political point against the ruling party, but they don't understand that the game plan of the cabals has been bursted.

ya all need to get this right and speak with one voice. Not politically biased

derecho:

So Tinubu is the cause

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by derecho(m): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
Stop acting as if you don't know this for the past 8years.

This issue was caused by Tinubu's corrupt tendencies.

If not for vote buying, there'd be no naira redesign.
Tinubu even admitted that it was targeted at him.

So let's situate the issue.
Emmy909:
Buhari has fail totally. So dumb with his policy, 8 years backward with lot of money being borrowed

Fuel - 350
No money
High cost of living

We all sit as if nothing is happening, ya all need to shut this political mentality and stand up for our right
They divided us with political mentality, tinubu can't go hungry or hustle for money at the banks,

The only people who are in support of this hardship Nigerians are going through right now are Obi and Atiku's supporters. They are doing so just to score political point against the ruling party, but they don't understand that the game plan of the cabals has been bursted.

Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by derecho(m): 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
All I'm saying is that Tinubu should stop trying to be clever by half.

All these while Nigerians have been suffering under Buhari, how many times did Tinubu speak for the masses?

You better wake up.Tinubu is the cause.
nairavsdollars:
And do you think Tinubu is suffering the effect now or poor masses? Wake up
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by nairavsdollars(f): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
Is this the parting gift the old man wants to give Nigerians?
Emmy909:

Fuel - 350
No money
High cost of living

Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by Putinofrussia: 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
derecho:

So Tinubu is the cause
Then you and the person that is punishing Nigerians will be punished by God..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by derecho(m): 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kikikiki... I hope you're not an APC supporter because if you are, you just cursed yourself.

Nigerians are suffering this nonsense because of Tinubu's propensity to buy votes. Tinubu knows he is the cause, he should go to Buhari and stop trying
to rally support from the masses.

Secondly, Tinubu and his fellow corrupt politicians are the ones causing the scarcity.
Over 60% of the new notes are with them.
We know Tinubu very well.
Putinofrussia:

Then you and the person that is punishing Nigerians will be punished by God..
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by Putinofrussia: 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
derecho:
Kikikiki... I hope you're not an APC supporter because if you are, you just cursed yourself.

Nigerians are suffering this nonsense because of Tinubu's propensity to buy votes. Tinubu knows he is the cause, he should go to Buhari and stop trying
to rally support from the masses.

Secondly, Tinubu and his fellow corrupt politicians are the ones causing the scarcity.
Over 60% of the new notes are with them.
We know Tinubu very well.

So na because of one person Buhari dey punish 199 million people,abi?
Obese stupidity mixed with the greatest part of wickedness.
choi!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by derecho(m): 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
I would have used a Bible verse to remind you that one person's sin can bring untold hardship upon millions of people. But I doubt you'd understand that.

Tinubu is like a virus, an Ebola virus, that can lock a whole nation down if not checked.
Tinubu has hoarded about 45% of the 60% of the new notes with politicians now.

If Buhari was serious, EFCC should be sent after Tinubu
Putinofrussia:

choi!
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by nairavsdollars(f): 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
Don't mind him. I'm sure he is not affected
Putinofrussia:

choi!
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by Housing(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2023
nairavsdollars:
Don't mind him. I'm sure he is not affected

If he is being fed by his parents
Re: Naira Redesign: Nigerians Blast CBN, Say Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Not Working by nairavsdollars(f): 5:58am On Feb 04, 2023
grin grin grin 70 years old man
Housing:

If he is being fed by his parents

(1) (Reply)

Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso Helped To Install Buhari / Nigerians Remain The Problem Of Nigeria / He.peter Obi Reacts to Attacks On His Supporters During #peterdattinlagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.