Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,740 members, 7,882,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:27 AM

The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' (6281 Views)

The Danger Of Sexting / Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? / Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by emofine(f): 12:07am On Sep 09, 2011
The Danger Of "Love At First Sight": Ambiguous Attraction

I hear this phrase employed countless times . . . "love at first sight". . .

Yet the birth of such a "love" stems from a physical attraction thus leaning more to lust.

Well, despite the debate of whether such attraction is rooted in love or lust, what if:-

. . .the beholder is beguiled by a person with an ambiguous look, thus "falling" for an individual outside their orientation; in that particular instant of "love at first sight" does a person's sexuality evolve?

e.g. If I was drawn to a lady who I assumed was a man would that sub-consciously expand my s[i]e[/i]xu[i]a[/i]l orientation? or is that just a one-off?

Which leads me to question the sanity and safety of "love at first sight" if the object of lust is absolutely anonymous. . .
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by kandiikane(m): 1:05am On Sep 09, 2011
infatuation nothing more. Love grows, it does not just sprout from nowhere. .
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by claremont(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2011
emofine:

[size=13pt]Which leads me to question the sanity[/size] and safety [size=13pt]of "love[/size] at first sight" if the object of lust is absolutely anonymous. . .
For once, we agree on something. cheesy
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by emofine(f): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2011
claremont:

For once, we agree on something. cheesy

erm not quite lol, you gathered the data that was pleasing to you and thus fits in your side of the argument - ha! the context is laid bare my friend.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2011
Falling in love with someone at first sight is innate! What i kick against when such expressions are used, is when you say you love someone at first sight to be able to start a relationship with them on the SPOT! Proposing love to the chic and all that stuff! That's Bonkers!

It's NOT insanity! It's just that people already have a hubbub discombobulated idea of what LOVE really means! LOVE is a VERB, an action word! But at that instance of first sight, i cant truly say i know anything about you, to fall in ROMANTIC LOVE with you! I may just love you! The other aspects come later!
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by Tjluv: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2011
what if:-
in that particular instant of "love at first sight" does a person's sexuality evolve?
e.g. If I was drawn to a lady who I assumed was a man would that sub-consciously expand my s[i]e[/i]xu[i]a[/i]l orientation? or is that just a one-off?
[quote][/quote] IMO, the term "love at first sight" is more of being attracted to someone at first sight,and that in no way defines love,and of course will not expand your s.exual orientation
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by LongOne1(m): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2011
Love at first sight only happens in movies or romance novels i.e. ‘you had me at hello’. Writers paint this ‘picture perfect’ scene where boy meets girl, they both fall in love immediately and live happily ever after.

Life as we know it is far from perfect, good things take time; structures built to last years take a lot of planning and hard work, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Equating this to Love since love is part of life and is supposed to be a good thing, I can say love takes time, planning, hard work to build and sustain not just seconds or microseconds.

Leading me to this conclusion love at first sight is definitely insane and it will probably fizzle the same way it started.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by ndividual: 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2011
Someone once said you don't decide who you'll be attracted to. Its not a choice. it just happens. There's a lot one can tell (and misread) about a man's/woman's appearance: carriage, personality, disposition, etc. Add to the fact everyone has a mental picture of what the ideal partner is. Anyone who fits that mental picture to an unprecedented degree can most possibly "set the fireworks" flying. It works for some people and doesn't work for others, but to base heaven and earth on such an impression is spelling disaster.

on the other hand, such an impression could just be pure lust, and some people have no qualms with it.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by babeface3: 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2011
grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by omega25red(m): 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
poster

seems like you may be questioning your sexuality but you dont have to because the person you were attracted to was a man in your eyes until you realised she was a woman so dont worry.
babeface3:

I have a question to ask: a girl was recommended to me for marriage. The accolade on her by my friends that know her is quite overwhelming, she is this good, she is that good bla bla, she s actually pretty to ma taste when i met her, but character, i dont know, shes looks nice and lively tho (i know som women can pretend). Im so fascinated that I have decided to make my intention of marrying her known to her. is this right?
^^ why would you hijack someone elses post with your own question dont you know how to open a thread?
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by DaDoctor: 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2011
NO DANGER AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS EITHER  OF THE 2 BELOW;

1) IT WORKS OUT WELL cool
2) IT ENDS UP IN A GUD F U C K K AND THAT ENDS THE INFATUATION tongue
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by veraponpo(m): 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2011
@sexkills, u are very much correct. One can love at fist sight. The fact that other attributes of love are not there at that point does not remove the fact that you love him or her. Th qustion is what is love? It is a strong feeling that u have towards somebody.Whatever the nature of your of your own feeling.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by Mynd44: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^^
So you and Sexkillz agree abi? Let me get this right you see a Girl, lady or woman for the first time in you live and you instantly fall in love with her right? These people are the reason why Yahoo boys are rich
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by emofine(f): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2011
ndividual:

Someone once said you don't decide who you'll be attracted to. Its not a choice. it just happens. There's a lot one can tell (and misread) about a man's/woman's appearance: carriage, personality, disposition, etc. Add to the fact everyone has a mental picture of what the ideal partner is. Anyone who fits that mental picture to an unprecedented degree can most possibly "set the fireworks" flying. It works for some people and doesn't work for others, but to base heaven and earth on such an impression is spelling disaster.

on the other hand, such an impression could just be pure lust, and some people have no qualms with it.

Makes sense. . .

omega25red:

poster

seems like you may be questioning your sexuality but you dont have to because the person you were attracted to was a man in your eyes until you realised she was a woman so dont worry.

No sir you're mistaken. It was just a hypothetical scenario.

why would you hijack someone elses post with your own question dont you know how to open a thread?

lol

P.S. Mods is it possible if you could remove this topic from the homepage, I don't think it really deserves to make the front page.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by babeface3: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2011
@emofine, the question I asked is related to your post and could still throw more light to it by people's reactions. I understand that you are new to N/land forum. sorry ma I will delete my post and form a nu thread. I advice you to love that guy at first site if you are walking by faith ie if you are led so to do, though the canal minded man cannot understand the things of the spirit, ekwuchakwaa m grin
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by emofine(f): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2011
babeface3:

@emofine, the question I asked is related to your post and could still throw more light to it by people's reactions. I understand that you are new to N/land forum. sorry ma I will delete my post and form a nu thread. I advice you to love that guy at first site if you are walking by faith ie if you are led so to do, though the canal minded man cannot understand the things of the spirit, ekwuchakwaa m grin

Hey babeface, honestly I didn't mind your input. I think you're confusing me with Omega. You didn't have to delete your post lol. Well since you're going to create a thread, you'll certainly get more answers tailored to your enquiry so good luck with that smiley
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by babeface3: 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2011
get u now lol, coincidemtally I'v alraedy got almost 10 reaxns on the new post at the romance section, cheers
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by kunlaxo: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2011
Brox anyhow U meet her, just be sure that she is the one, and that their is that thing that ginger your swagger each time u look into her face, u must not marry someone u don't love weather na love at first sight or at second sight.have a nice day.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by ronkebp(f): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2011
Personally, i do not agree that there is 'love at first sight', there could be attraction; which is usually the case, and the 'said attraction' can conveniently emerge into love of some sought or hatred.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
Based on logic, the only danger I see lies with the blindness which accompanies love.

How can there be love at first sight when love is blind?
You fall in[b]to[/b] Love because you are blind
Love is (a bottomless pit) an institution for the blind.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by PHILEOLOVE(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
You consciously entered into love with your heart,wisdom and faith in God.
http://singlesandsoulmate.com/blog/
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by dabrake(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2011
sexkillz:

Falling in love with someone at first sight is innate! What i kick against when such expressions are used, is when you say you love someone at first sight to be able to start a relationship with them on the SPOT! Proposing love to the chic and all that stuff! That's Bonkers!

It's NOT insanity! [color=#006600]It's just that people already have a hubbub
discombobulated idea of what LOVE really means! LOVE is a VERB, an action word! But at that instance of first sight, i cant truly say i know anything about you, to fall in ROMANTIC LOVE with you! I may just love you! The other aspects come later!
[/color]
@ red italicized, , . bros, have mercy nah. i beg of u
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by MrsChima1(f): 12:37am On Sep 10, 2011
What about those who fall in love with someone that they haven't "sighted" at?
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by emmatok(m): 1:04am On Sep 10, 2011
sexkillz:

It's NOT insanity! It's just that people already have a hubbub discombobulated idea of what LOVE really means! LOVE is a VERB, an action word! But at that instance of first sight, i cant truly say i know anything about you, to fall in ROMANTIC LOVE with you! I may just love you! The other aspects come later!

Their is noting like LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT.

It is all about attraction, then it gradually develops into a relationship.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by Andrew3(m): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2011
i have loved someone just within a few hours close to her. True feelings an i still think of her till now, just that i wasnt bold enuf to attack angry angry angry angry
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by God2man(m): 11:58am On Sep 10, 2011
Crush,infatution,purpy love, love at first sight won't guarantee a happy marriage. You need to know that what attract you to somebody, may not be there again, what is inside this person matters a lot, it is like buying a house because of the paint on it, you are not checking the foundation and the rest. That is why, the creator of this institution called marriage should be contacted first before approaching the would be partner. God bless you. God2man.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by claremont(m): 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2011
Take it or leave it, but it has been proven that "love at first sight" is governed by the same centres in the brain which are supposedly responsible for "love"; these brain centres have also been proven to be responsible for mental illness. Therefore, if we agree that "love at first sight" is insanity, then my lips are sealed! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by allure1(f): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2011
Love at what?
like serioulsy?!?

they r mistaking something for something.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by Mynd44: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2011
How can you meet someone and immediately fall in love? Dem Jazz you?
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by Mynd44: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
~allure~:

Love at what?
like serioulsy?!?

they r mistaking something for something.
Re: The Danger Of 'Love At First Sight' by EfeEkarume(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
kandiikane:

infatuation nothing more. Love grows, it does not just sprout from nowhere. .
You don't fall in love. You grow in it. I AMEN to your comment above.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What This Woman Wore To A Night Party / Self-defense Trick Every Lady Should Learn (say No To Rape) / This Guy Want To Be A Phuck Mate To A Slayqueen. See Her Reply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.