Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,328 members, 7,943,816 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

I'm Reading This Novel: Very Interesting - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Reading This Novel: Very Interesting (264 Views)

Always Read Books To Prosper In Life! I'm Reading One Now (PICTURES). / Fear Women!! I've Been Crying Uncontrollably After Reading This.. (pics) / Ladies Share Some Of The Worst Things Men Have Done To Them, Very Interesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Reading This Novel: Very Interesting by Cupofco: 10:54am On Feb 05, 2023
chapter 1
After graduating from military school at the age of 20 and returning home, Alice Quentin secured a position in the criminal investigation department CID. There is nothing she loves the most than serving her country and protecting lives. It has been her long-time dream to be an agent chasing bad guys and putting them behind bars, and now she can see her dream come true before her very eyes. "Being an agent is a tough one, Agent Q" she could still hear the voice of her best role model, the current Detective Chief Superintendent (DCS.) echoing in her ear, she was eight at the time. She stood looking out her window. She smiles and thought about all the advice he has always given her. "It will guard you as you go out there," he will always say. With her two hands in her pocket, she smiles. "How time flies?" she muttered. Then her phone beeps, and she takes a look at it. "You are required to report to the office by 7 a.m." she grin at the test message. She was fully prepared for this. She has been training for this, hunting bad guys and putting them behind bars, which has always been her wish since she was a little girl. She will often hide to watch action movies just to get into character. "Agent Q, first day at work, huh?" a young lady in her twenties asks her as they walk together down the hallway of the Police station. "Yeah," "You're welcome, I'm Miriam." 'Nice to meet you, Miriam, but I have to stop here," she said as she stop at the door of the DCS. "Okay, see you later. " She smirked at her, "she will be a good friend, we could hurt bad guys together" she muttered and held the door handle to the DCS office. "Agent Q, Welcome, have a sit." "Yes sir," she salutes the DCS before taking her seat. "He pushed a white envelope in front of her. "There, open it. " Agent Q took the envelope and opened it. "I don't understand sir," "There is a family, a powerful family, by the way. They need a bodyguard for their son." "Bodyguard!" she cut him off. She didn't think he heard him very well. The man looked at her, somewhat displeased. He didn't expect her to be a pain in the ass, is too early for her to prove stubborn. "I'm sorry sir," she stopped talking when she saw the look in his eyes. She didn't want to abuse the privilege he has given to her. But a bodyguard!..." she screams in her head. That's not why she went to military school. She was hoping to be in the field out there hunting bad guys and putting them behind bars. She wants to be a heroine in the eyes of the law and of the people, and not babysit anyone. The man cleared his throat before continuing. "This family is a very powerful family with high social standing. You don't want to have any loose ends, Agent Q," "Yes sir," "Good, I will put a call across asking Mr. Walter to expect you by…. 4 p.m., will that be Okay Agent Q?" He asked, looking at her expressionless face. "Yes Sir," She went home with the envelope. She was not so happy that her first job as an agent was to babysit some rich brat. She is sure that Mr. Walter will be a very arrogant politician, and she hated him even without seeing him. She even hated the fact that his son will be a brat, and so she despises the son, whoever he may be before even seeing him. She wanted nothing to do with a politician. But now what? She got home and opened the envelope, reading through the papers. She discovered it was a contract for one year. She has to protect Leo with her life for a year, and that will be after the elections. She smirked at the papers when she came across the clause, "You will have to protect him with your life" "Seriously! What did they take me for? A sacrifice!" she muttered and then laughed out, but that wasn't funny at all. How can they ask her to protect him with her life? She was still thinking about it when her phone rang. "Is me, Agent Q, Have you read through the papers?" the voice asks. "Yes sir, but!…." "Are you in?" the voice interrupts her. She hesitated for a second and " Yes, I'm in. " "Good, 4 p.m. then," he hangs up, not giving her a chance to complain. "Yeah, I get it. All I need to do is take orders," she murmured, looking at the papers in her hands. "4 p.m," she mumbled the words. She arrived at Mr. Walter's mansion, or should I call it a castle? Yeah!, because is large and beautiful, the water fountain in front of the building drops so gracefully, and she can feel the peace that emanates from this environment, making it hard for Agent Q to believe that anyone who lives here could be needing any kind of protection. Everywhere smells of protection. "This place looks well secure. Why do they need a bodyguard? Okay, maybe to go around with the brat." She muttered as she walks down from the large gate to the main building. "This way, Agent Q," a man in Black pointed in a direction and she follows. "Wait here," the man said and knock gently on a door. He opened the door and peek inside. She didn't hear a voice coming from inside, but the man ask her to go in. She walked into the room, but no! Is not a room, it looks like an office. "Is the man working from home?" She muttered, looking around the place, "How can a man, running for the post of President work from home? He needs to be out there, so he will know how the people are feeling!" She mumbled, still hating the fact that she has to work for him. She stood facing someone, but that someone was backing her. She could not see his face. "Agent Q right?" The man asked in a deep and cold tone. "Yes sir," she replies, hoping he will turn around so she can see his face. "Did you read the contract?" "I did sir," "And you think you can give your life to save me?" Agent Q was silent. "is this the interview?" she asks herself. "You can't answer that, right?" The man asks, still facing her with his back. "I'm sorry, sir," she said. "Hmm, I see. " he turned around to face her. He is calm but looks dangerous. He gave her a weak smile and looked at her from her hair down to her toes without moving from his seat.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO READ MORE:
https://page.joyreadings.com/h5-book-share.html?id=3479&lang=en&package_type=2001&uid=2296461

(1) (Reply)

Build And Sell Apps Without Coding With Your Phone (premium Guide) / "Operation Telescreen" Is Another Major Scandal That Broke Out In Cyberspace In / Black American I Want To This Igbo Mama Wife / No TROLLS �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.