Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,458 members, 7,881,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 03:27 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 51. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 51. (142 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 51. by PastorSomba(m): 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 51.

Hebrews 9:15-17 (KJV) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

51. God made a two fold promise to Abraham concerning his seed. The first was to the natural seed of Abraham called Isaac. The second promise was to the spiritual seed of Abraham called Jesus. The natural seed was to facilitate the coming of the spiritual seed. So the natural seed was only a vehicle for the coming of the true seed Jesus Christ. These two seeds represent the two covenants called the old testament and the new testament. The first covenant was mediated by angels but the new covenant is mediated by Jesus the son of God. The first covenant was the will of God to his servants, the second is the will of God the Father to His sons.

The new testament is the last will or testament of the Father containing the bequeathing of all that belongs to the Father to His son Jesus. The will was God's promise to His word who became flesh as a man for the sake of the Father in order to carry out the plan of God for the redemption and restoration of all things that was lost through Lucifer in heaven and through Adam on earth. Having come as a Son, the Father established a covenant with Him willing all things to Him. Jesus as the word of God was the creator and owner of all things. So Jesus came as a man not only as the mediator of the new covenant but He is also the owner of all things having come in the name of the Father. So for the new covenant or the last will to take effect the writer of the will must die before the inheritance can be available to the sons of God.

In the old testament the angels who were the mediators could not die for the old covenant only animals were killed for the inheritance of the old covenant. The bible says that the blood of bulls and goats were insufficient for the effective implementation of the old covenant. As servants, the Israelites could not exercise faith on the old will. Secondly the testator was not dead to make it available to them so they had to work through the law to get it which was impossible. It is impossible to receive an inheritance through the law as inheritance is umerited favour from a father only to his sons. Slaves and servants have no inheritance because they are not heirs. They can only work to earn something from the father. Just as Abraham demonstrated with Isaac and all other of his children including Ishmael and the children of Keturah.

So faith was not revealed in the old covenant because the will was not enforceable since the testator was still alive. You cannot exercise faith to receive what was not available to you or what was not enforceable. The old will was unavailable and unexecuted. You cannot use the blood of animals to execute a will. Hence the old testament saints look forward to the new covenant for the inheritance or fulfillment of their promises. They had no rights to the covenant so they could not demand for anything. Faith places demand because what he is demanding already belongs to him by inheritance. He is placing a demand based on a will that has been fully executed after the death of the testator who apportioned to us all that belongs to Him. The Holy Spirit is the sole executor of the will. God has given us the Holy Spirit both in us and upon us to guarantee we receive all our inheritance and possess all our possessions in Christ Jesus. Grace be with you. Romans 4:13-16; 9:4-12; Galatians 3:16-29; 4:22-31; John 1:1-3; 1Corinthians 3:21-23; Philippians 2:5-11; Matthew 28:18; Colossians 1:15-22; Ephesians 1:10-11; 3:1-11; Hebrews 9:1-28; 11:11-16; Genesis 21:1-21; 25:1-9;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Growing Your Faith I / Riding Through The Storms Of Life / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 73.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.