Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,772 members, 7,965,907 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:28 AM

New Naira: Banks, Banking, And The Unbanked - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira: Banks, Banking, And The Unbanked (305 Views)

New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Naira: Banks, Banking, And The Unbanked by Azeemokoya: 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
The advent of banking has changed the dynamics of our lives. It has enabled us to carry out financial transactions like saving, sending and receiving money, purchasing goods or making payments online with our debit cards, and getting loans for personal needs and small/scale businesses. These are the core services of banks which are collectively called banking.

However, the recent naira scarcity seems to show that most Nigerians are largely unbanked or are not into banking. At best, they have some money in banks and believe that they are banking while in the truest sense they are far from banking.

Banking has become a part and parcel of our lives. Yet, it requires astuteness, shrewdness, and adaptation to do the business of banking. These days, it is not enough to have bank accounts; it is equally important to understand how this money can be put to work in a way that provides comfort for the owner and ease him of the financial stress. This financial comfort is the essence of banking, the ideal banking.

Since the new naira crisis has caused a lot of people to queue in the sun, waiting for their turns to withdraw money from the ATMs, I often wonder whether this is what banking entails. Ideally, I feel getting my money should not subject me to this level of trauma. I have not withdrawn or used the POS for the past two weeks (and I’m not proud of this); but I have been able to get everything I want via exploring the options that banking provides.

Banking in the new-naira era
Banking in this new-naira era requires Nigerians to believe that they can get everything they want with little or no stress. It is in believing in the possibility that they can buy or get anything they want even though it appears daunting. Banking is simply banking on other people’s good graces.

To bank effectively, one must begin to ask some fundamental questions. Why do I need this money? How can I get this stuff with less stress? Is there any substitute for the item on my list? Is there a way I can make a transfer for my groceries? Is there a way I can avoid POS and ATMs?

https://newsroundtheclock.com/new-naira-banks-banking-and-the-unbanked/

Re: New Naira: Banks, Banking, And The Unbanked by Akacollins7: 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
They should close all POS agent. This people are the problems
Re: New Naira: Banks, Banking, And The Unbanked by jamace(m): 3:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
Being banked is a curse presently..You have money in the bank yet you cant collect it because of lack of cash in the banks, cash already sold to politicians.

(1) (Reply)

Bitcoin USDT BNB To Naira / 35 Online Jobs In Nigeria That Pays Daily / Ready To Win Grant In 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.