Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,752 members, 7,882,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Zungeru The Secrets You Were Never Thought - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zungeru The Secrets You Were Never Thought (221 Views)

Commonly Mispronounced Words You Never Thought About. / 10 Secrets You Don't Know About Jamb / 40 Australian Creatures You Never Thought To Be Afraid Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zungeru The Secrets You Were Never Thought by Chronicle1844(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
If I showed you a piece of history you never knew anything about in this same Nigeria you’ve been in for
this long, will you be willing to follow through? If you will, then read till the end.
It is a known fact that Nigeria amalgamation was signed in 1914, but Nigeria history never told you for
sure where it was signed. While other countries preserve their historical heritage, Nigeria doesn’t care
enough about hers. With much digging, I found a lead to the hidden secret and that’s exactly what I will
be showing you now.
In 1902, the British colonialist moved its head office to Niger State in a town called Zungeru. Most of the
British operations in Nigeria as at that time was carried out from Zungeru, the capital of the northern
protectorates in those days. The amalgamation documents of Nigeria were signed in this selfsame
Zungeru.
In those days, Zungeru was known to be a very powerful place in Nigeria as the British brought about
lots of development to that very town until 1914, but it’s glory were not to last for a very long time as
the relocation of the head office of the British to Kaduna State brought about an abrupt end to the
shine of Zungeru. The current state of Zungeru today will make it difficult to believe that it had such an
antecedent.
We also found that Zungeru served as a grooming ground for one of Nigeria’s past leader, Dr. Nnamdi
Azikiwe of blessed memory.
Chronicle has covered a comprehensive and yet a concise documentary of Zungeru town (the past and
present) that will make all I have been saying pleasurable to you.

To see the comprehensive documentary by Chronicle, click on the link now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiWAjBnOkCM&t=470s

1 Like

Re: Zungeru The Secrets You Were Never Thought by yrex01(m): 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
azikwe from north ?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Silliest Thing You Ever Heard As An Undergraduate Student? / Poma University; A Well Accredited University / “nigerian Governor Sends 19 Orphaned Youths To Study Medicine Abroad With Full S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.