Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,194 members, 7,903,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy (25061 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by seanwilliam(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2023
@ 31, pls take your time to find the perfect man . don’t let anyone rush you
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by FireUpNow(m): 10:55am On Feb 10, 2023
Don't bow to their pressure to avoid future premium tears

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by ElijahIme1992(m): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2023
ikeno:

You still very young na,they should stop pestering your life.at this age your still getting to understand your body and explore more.see mumu wey I be I think say you don clock 40 sef.
lol guy u no be better person...

4 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Akin1212(m): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2023
tiswell:
You are still a kid.

Experience will teach you,son!

Lol, the attitude of a kid is calling someone a kid because they disagree with you.

It is people like you that want to control people's lives and their happiness that feel shame because they are not married.

If you talk about experience, I am sure my log of experience doubles yours, but take the mic, express your mind let's see how shallow it is.

1 Like

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by kbright911(m): 11:02am On Feb 10, 2023
For a start, if you don't mind, how old are you that everyone around you is already mounting pressure of marriage on you?

Let's begin from there first.

Ideservebetter:
I understand that most parents want the best for their children but at the same time, they should understand certain things that are beyond one's control.

My parents, relatives even family friends won't stop troubling me about marriage. I can't have healthy conversations with my people without them bringing up the marriage topic and worse off in a controversial manner. They always accuse me of being too selective and other talks like that, making me feel awful.

I desire to get married someday even though I don't see it as a "do or die" thing. I've been in relationships that didn't work out and I'm being blamed for it or asked why I didn't just manage. My God!

I've been thinking of how to get away from all these talk, maybe leaving home or changing my line. I really don't know what to do.
I'm someone people know as happy and bubbly outside but when I'm with my people, it's the complete opposite, minimal joy because they won't stop stressing me. For now, I've stopped attending family events since they'll be gathered there and I don't want anyone messing with my mental health.

I'm fed up, I need advice from matured minds please. cry
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by tiswell(m): 11:04am On Feb 10, 2023
Akin1212:

Lol, the attitude of a kid is calling someone a kid because they disagree with you.

It is people like you that want to control people's lives and their happiness that feel shame because they are not married.

If you talk about experience, I am sure my log of experience doubles yours, but take the mic, express your mind let's see how shallow it is.
I'm sure ya momma won't have accepted ya dada had she been 'selective"

I repeat, 'you are still a kid son,experience will teach you"

Women has flower moments in their lives,19-24yrs.
And their desperation clocks begins from 30-34yrs.
Anything beyond that is very anti-biological and definitely must have reverse biological and psychological effect on the lady involved.

...and by extension, her family!

1 Like

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by ukaface(f): 11:11am On Feb 10, 2023
Hmmmm
No one can stop the society/family from this marriage talks especially when they feel the person has come to a marriageable age.
I will just advice that you give yourself your happiness and peace, minimise the family visits, minimise the phone calls but try not to go invisible( we still need family) . Just get it at the back of your mind that their constant demand for you to get married isn’t coming from a place of trouble, they just mean well for you, you know ? Getting married, having kids ( society see this as success) but what you owe yourself is happiness, you can’t automatically run into marriage with any kind of guy, with this present guys in naija woman need to shine eyes o.
And I will also advice you pray about it * shrugs*
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Princeton92(m): 11:12am On Feb 10, 2023
NutFunny:
Are you a Guy, Girl.. L,G,B,T or Q? grin

So we know the particular prayer point you need

😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
You are so crazyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Teymanhenry(f): 11:12am On Feb 10, 2023
It's cultural or normal that you family would begin to pressure you into getting married once you are a female, done with your NYSC or you are 25 and above. How you deal with this pressure matters a lot. I'll advise you get a place for yourself if you are currently employed and also pls don't be too selective in choosing a partner as no one is perfect. You are so imperfect too. Sometimes we make mistakes by saying I can't settle for less. That person you see as 'less' or imperfect has a lot of hidden treasures God has bestowed upon him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by neztar: 11:12am On Feb 10, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Kpele, my own sef worse. I introduced someone to my family around May, last year but I later noticed something I didn't like and would not be able to live with, so the relationship ended.. I didn't bother telling them about it because explaining some kind of things gets me annoyed. Since then, they've not stopped asking about him.
Just this evening, I was with my aunt on the phone. The call was already over 45mins, the moment she said "wey Raymond nar", I just told her good night and she started laughing..

In my opinion, I think you should minimize the rate at which you give them audience..
are you a virgin?
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Earthstorms(m): 11:12am On Feb 10, 2023
Ideservebetter:
I understand that most parents want the best for their children but at the same time, they should understand certain things that are beyond one's control.

My parents, relatives even family friends won't stop troubling me about marriage. I can't have healthy conversations with my people without them bringing up the marriage topic and worse off in a controversial manner. They always accuse me of being too selective and other talks like that, making me feel awful.

I desire to get married someday even though I don't see it as a "do or die" thing. I've been in relationships that didn't work out and I'm being blamed for it or asked why I didn't just manage. My God!

I've been thinking of how to get away from all these talk, maybe leaving home or changing my line. I really don't know what to do.
I'm someone people know as happy and bubbly outside but when I'm with my people, it's the complete opposite, minimal joy because they won't stop stressing me. For now, I've stopped attending family events since they'll be gathered there and I don't want anyone messing with my mental health.

Lower your standards and marry someone, there is no perfect man out there and there is no perfect marriage. Just get someone and be true to the person. If it does not work out, you can get a divorce later. Hopefully by them you would have had some kids you can call your own.

Wishing you the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Princeton92(m): 11:13am On Feb 10, 2023
Ideservebetter:

You truly deserve better
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Akorkor(f): 11:13am On Feb 10, 2023
Ignore them. Do not let anyone force you into getting married. Being married is not a success.
Most important thing in life is for you to be happy. When you are ready, do your thing. Do not let them push you into making a grave mistake.
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Wiliyanahalowin: 11:16am On Feb 10, 2023
You see, the prevalent challenges in most African society/home is trying to force a young lady into marriage. And when you do because of pressure and ended up with a wrong man they will start admonishing that God hate divorce! My candid advice to you is, if you are a Christain please seek the Will of the Almighty. It is not everyone that must marry biko. And if you have been having sexual intercourse in your previous relationships please avoid it. Better late, than now or crash in the future! Do have a blessed weekend.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by neztar: 11:24am On Feb 10, 2023
tiswell:

Anything beyond that is very anti-biological and definitely must have reverse biological and psychological effect on the lady involved.

get out you møron. Women flower moments run from 18 to 30 years where they enter their peak years.
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by saintnegroid(m): 11:26am On Feb 10, 2023
nicerod:
U need to start shouting at them or talk to them rudely anything they talk about it.

Let them know u are not comfortable with the issues of marriage now.

When u rush in ehn.

They will still come back and blame u that why can't u wait for ur time
please don't listen to this man. Anytime they discuss marriage with you just listen and said you have heard
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by frozen70(f): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2023
Akin1212:

What age is set for marriage exactly?

I think male from 30yrs
Female from 25yrs

Though I can be corrected
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by neztar: 11:27am On Feb 10, 2023
ukaface:
Hmmmm
No one can stop the society/family from this marriage talks especially when they feel the person has come to a marriageable age.
I will just advice that you give yourself your happiness and peace, minimise the family visits, minimise the phone calls but try not to go invisible( we still need family) . Just get it at the back of your mind that their constant demand for you to get married isn’t coming from a place of trouble, they just mean well for you, you know ? Getting married, having kids ( society see this as success) but what you owe yourself is happiness, you can’t automatically run into marriage with any kind of guy, with this present guys in naija woman need to shine eyes o.
And I will also advice you pray about it * shrugs*
you, when are you getting married and be responsible?
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by tiswell(m): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2023
neztar:
get out you møron. Women flower moments run from 18 to 30 years where they enter their peak years.
So after the peak years,what next?

sense is really far from you!
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Tribalism123(m): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2023
Nne, Let me be frank.
I was introduced to a girl this December because I intend marrying this year. She will be 26 on her birthday this year. I realized she opened her nose, double ear and has a waist bead. I told her that those things are red flags to men but she kept arguing. She starts call conversations with argument of 'you supposed that have called me before now". I kept mute for a while and keep swallowing the pill so that I can see if I can correct some of her nonsense before saying goodbye at least to prepare her for marriage. The day I traveled, she called me that I should send her some data and I was on transit. After sending the data, she didn't call all through my long journey. I kept quiet. She called two days later. I sounding polite and told her I will call her at night. The night was yesterday. So when I called she rushed me the way she will always do. I listened to all her rubbish. Then I took my time to talk to her and whenever she wants to interfere to my talk I WILL SHOUT ON HER HEAD "keep quiet and listen!". I did this until I spent 15 good minutes on her head. She was so sober. She told me good night in soberness. This morning, her call woke me up. She didn't start her usual rubbish but asked me how will my day be and wished me good luck for the day. All her sense of entitlement diminished immediately.

So I will ask, have u checked your path?
Are u looking for already made guy or someone you can assist with advise to make it.
There are some guys that need only a lady who can look into what they are doing wrong and encourage them to do it right. Some guys are suffering but at the edge of making it. Ladies throw away these guys because they don't see what the future holds for such guys who may not have anything to offer, not even the money that entice them.

If it is standard, work on it. Men have standards but when it comes to marriage, their standards is aligned to character first before beauty.

Take it slow, u will get it right soon and get the cool guy for u.

And as for your people, look for something that annoys them and ask them that anytime they bring forth the topic. Don't complain. There must be there weak point. Let them see it as insult. But u will have ur peace henceforth.

Aunty: Nne when are u bringing someone to us?
Nne: Aunty, he will come... But how are u coping with F F that Chimezie is packing?. Children of this days. But aunty you are not that dull na.
Tomorrow, aunty go de her lane.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 10, 2023
Feminists dem don switch account

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by ukaface(f): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2023
neztar:
you, when are you getting married and be responsible?
do I need to be married before being responsible
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by sammydark: 11:35am On Feb 10, 2023
At 31 you should really be concerned about your life dear.
Forget all these rubbish wokeness on this forum.
Most people advicing you to remain single are only doing so because you re not their business.
Your window of opportunity is getting narrower with each passing year and the truth is you will be miserable and full of regret at old age.

9 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Akin1212(m): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2023
tiswell:

You cannot help but prove further that you are just a child, a mannerless one at that. Obviously, no content, so you have to reference my parents. What does that have to do with this?

Normally, it's a lack of depth that causes things like this and no surprises there, you don't have anything to say or a solid philosophy to back up your thought process. I honestly find it hard to fault you, child.

Now, because my parents did what they did, does not stipulate that anyone must do what they did, I am not really surprised you do not realize that, you may not even after reading this. Because the lady in question has parents who got married, does not mean she must follow in their footsteps. We are all individuals first, we have different desires and values, and virtues. And every individual should be allowed to live how they want without pressure. She is 31 years and is able to make her own decisions, by herself!

Now, if you do things because your parents did them, more grease. But not everyone will be docile like you are. Everyone is different, if you got married because your parents did, it goes to show how weak a person you are. Many people will get married on their own terms and time, whether their parents did this does not direct what they will or should do.

So, all those weak, kindergarten philosophies should only live in your head. You should not be posting stuff like this online, for real.

You are here talking about experience and determining age limitations on women, in 2023? Have some shame. There is nothing like a biological clock. A family should not be in the business of their relatives on how they want to live. Obviously, it has skipped you that pressuring people to do what you want against what they actually want can also cascade into a psychological mess. Let people live their lives and deal with the consequences, focus on your own life! Her family should focus on their problems, they can only discuss what she wants with her and not pressure her, it is her life. Learn from this, and stop singing about the experience you don't have.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by lereinter(m): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2023
Hope you aren't above 40
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Patomoney(m): 11:40am On Feb 10, 2023
Ideservebetter:

If your really need advice not on social media my dear
Call on someone u know that’s matured enough u can talk to
Not on social media cause all u will get here from some people are all insults
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by neztar: 11:40am On Feb 10, 2023
Earthstorms:

Lower your standards and marry someone, there is no perfect man out there and there is no perfect marriage. Just get someone and be true to the person. If it does not work out, you can get a divorce later. Hopefully by them you would have had some kids you can call your own.

Wishing you the best.
can you stay with one woman?
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Akin1212(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2023
sammydark:
At 31 you should really be concerned about your life dear.
Forget all these rubbish wokeness on this forum.
Most people advicing you to remain single are only doing so because you re not their business.
Your window of opportunity is getting narrower with each passing year and the truth is you will be miserable and full of regret at old age.

Her life is dependent on getting married?

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by mrblessed(m): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2023
Your parents and family members should let you be. You are just a young lady that needs to explore the world. Don't mind them abeg. Na time go tell.
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by lereinter(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2023
neztar:

Be deceiving yourself
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by neztar: 11:45am On Feb 10, 2023
Akorkor:
Ignore them. Do not let anyone force you into getting married. Being married is not a success.
Most important thing in life is for you to be happy. When you are ready, do your thing. Do not let them push you into making a grave mistake.
are you married?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Gain Complete Custody Of A Child Born Out Of Wedlock? / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting, Crying / My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.