Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,237 members, 7,880,893 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:44 AM

As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti (252 Views)

Atiku’s North-East Campaigner, Gwamna Dumps PDP For Tinubu / Tinubu Campaigner, Abdulmumin Jibrin, Joins NNPP / Odumakin, Buhari’s Former Spokesman, Who Made Life A Living Hell For Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by bestofnollywood: 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
Afrobeats singer Seun Kuti said he was a fool when he was campaigning for Tinubu in 1999. Bola Tinubu is an ex-governor of Lagos State and a presidential candidate in the forthcoming general elections.

In a recent video, the son of the legendary singer and activist claimed he was young and naïve when he campaigned for Tinubu in 1999.

He also said that he campaigned for Tinubu because of his father’s relationship with the politician and the dream of having a Yoruba nation.

Code-switching between English and pidgin, he said, “Na me campaign for Tinubu in 1999. Why? Because I knew him with my father. I followed him. I did Yoruba politics. Yoruba would be free from this Nigeria because I was a fool. I was a fool in those days”.

“ I was young. I was naive. I believed in what I could see. But the more I understood, the more I learn, I didn’t just stay in that position of privilege thinking that yes, I don arrive. I know Tinubu. I can do anything wey I like. While I was there, I continued to study, lead and develop my political consciousness.” Seun Kuti Said

He also stated that he has had no contact with the politician in over ten years.

Continue Reading

https://applesbite.com/as-a-campaigner-for-bola-tinubu-in-1999-i-was-a-fool-seun-kuti/

Re: As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by Love700(f): 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
Look at you Na, you have finished eating campaign money now you are coming here to prove yourself right, no matter the matter peter obi is our up coming president

Contact me for your academic assignment, any field of writing am available, just WhatsApp me with the number 👆👆on my signature

4 Likes

Re: As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by NOC1(m): 12:11am On Feb 10, 2023
Love700:
Look at you Na, you have finished eating campaign money now you are coming here to prove yourself right, no matter the matter peter obi is our up coming president

Contact me for your academic assignment, any field of writing am available, just WhatsApp me with the number 👆👆on my signature

Hey, that was 23years ago when he was 19 or 18. What does he know at that age, now he is grown up you can see his reasoning.
Take it or leave it the boy is intelligent
Re: As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by betshopagent(m): 12:27am On Feb 10, 2023
In Igwe tupac's voice, " what a mess!" Seun Kuti disgracing tinubu's urchins whom were earlier hailing him when he said that " Obi is an opportunist". ..

1 Like

Re: As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by betshopagent(m): 12:37am On Feb 10, 2023
NOC1:

Hey, that was 23years ago when he was 19 or 18. What does he know at that age, now he is grown up you can see his reasoning.
trash

1 Like

Re: As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by jyz200(m): 12:39am On Feb 10, 2023
betshopagent:
trash

It’s not trash
He’s young , he can make mistakes nobody cares
Re: As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by Mystic216: 12:53am On Feb 10, 2023
You are still a fool naa
Why sounding as if he has sense now
Re: As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by Wisfem: 1:18am On Feb 10, 2023
NOC1:

Gibberish!! So eighteen years can not make right decision and you called him smart, what nonsense, The only respect I have for this slowpoke is his father the blessed memory..
Re: As A Campaigner For Bola Tinubu In 1999, I Was A Fool'- Seun Kuti by Wisfem: 1:24am On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=bestofnollywood post=120776566]Afrobeats singer Seun Kuti said he was a fool when he was campaigning for Tinubu in 1999. Bola Tinubu is an ex-governor of Lagos State and a presidential candidate in the forthcoming general elections.

In a recent video, the son of the legendary singer and activist claimed he was young and naïve when he campaigned for Tinubu in 1999.

He also said that he campaigned for Tinubu because of his father’s relationship with the politician and the dream of having a Yoruba nation.

Code-switching between English and pidgin, he said, “Na me campaign for Tinubu in 1999. Why? Because I knew him with my father. I followed him. I did Yoruba politics. Yoruba would be free from this Nigeria because I was a fool. I was a fool in those days”.

“ I was young. I was naive. I believed in what I could see. But the more I understood, the more I learn, I didn’t just stay in that position of privilege thinking that yes, I don arrive. I know Tinubu. I can do anything wey I like. While I was there, I continued to study, lead and develop my political consciousness.” Seun Kuti Said

He also stated that he has had no contact with the politician in over ten years.

Continue Reading

https://applesbite.com/as-a-campaigner-for-bola-tinubu-in-1999-i-was-a-fool-seun-kuti/[/quote

Shame on you, you were bought as a slave even to fight against what your father stood for!! Now they have bought you over again to tarnish OBi image, By 18 year more you will realize you are not only a fool but a nonentity...

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Tinubu Are Like Women, Can’t Handle Nigeria’s Challenges – Ossai / Any Tinubu Thug That Disturbs Nigerians From Voting Should Be Maimed. / MUST WATCH!! Lagos People Came Out In Multitude For Peter Obi At The Tafawa Bale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.