Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,187 members, 7,880,702 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:20 AM

US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska (45623 Views)

US High-Altitude Balloons Entered China 10 Times Last Year / US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean / US Shoots Down ICBM In Space From Warship For First Time In Successful Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by Emmyxclusive: 12:10am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:

Why were they unable to detect this 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland/hinterland but they're able to detect this new 'flying object' that approached from the same Pacific Ocean direction.
Can't you guys see the BS? It was disappointing that no one brought up that question on the first and second page. I just saw adults who ought to be intelligent behave like unhinged monkeys.
They actually detected it, Biden wanted it shut down but his military advicers advised him against it. So they jamed all signals from transmitting from it allowed it flew to the ocean before shooting it down, in that way they are able to recover alot of equipment from it with minimal damage. Also that prevented civilian casualties

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by temiflex01(m): 12:16am On Feb 11, 2023
Ever8090:
If they keep shooting,they might eventually help us shoot this man one day...[color=#000000][/color]

They can start with your father first. undecided undecided undecided awon omo irankiran

2 Likes

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by PROPEACE: 12:21am On Feb 11, 2023
God1000:
China again, Xi jinping is clearly looking for trouble, what message are they trying to send?

Unlike Russia, China has a lot to lose in any conflict with the west, I don't think Chinese government is that stupid sha

Is Joe Biden becoming weak or what? No US president tolerates such thing whether democrat or republican

This will cost Biden his re-election if he doesn't do the needful

Americans don't like weak Commander in chief

He should not allow such incidents to derail all the good things he has done for americans, republicans will surely use this against him.

Asides shooting it down, what exactly do you expect Biden to do? Bomb China? These Trumpeters sef!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 12:21am On Feb 11, 2023
Emmyxclusive:
They actually detected it, Biden wanted it shut down but his military advicers advised him against it. So they jamed all signals from transmitting from it allowed it flew to the ocean before shooting it down, in that way they are able to recover alot of equipment from it with minimal damage. Also that prevented civilian casualties
You missed the point.
I won't debate with you on if they actually detected the 'spy balloon'. That's what they told you and that's what you'll believe.
The point is, both flying objects approached from the Pacific Ocean. If they were able to shoot this new flying object before getting to the US mainland, they should have been able to shoot down the 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland.
Don't mention me if you want to say nonsense. Nigerians are disappointing some times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by MT: 12:21am On Feb 11, 2023
US has not attributed the flying object to any country and the object has no surveillance camera, unlike the Chinese ballon

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by MT: 12:24am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:

You missed the point.
I won't debate with you on if they actually detected the 'spy balloon'. That's what they told you and that's what you'll believe.
The point is, both flying objects approached from the Pacific Ocean. If they were able to shoot this new flying object before getting to the US mainland, they should have been able to shoot down the 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland.
Don't mention me if you want to say nonsense. Nigerians are disappointing some times.

The spy balloon has a payload of the size of 3 buses, if they down it in the city, some people would die on the ground. Reason they waited for it to float over the ocean. This new object is very small and its payload has no risk to anyone on the ground since it is very small, hence the reason they downed it over the frozen water

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 12:26am On Feb 11, 2023
MT:

The spy balloon has a payload of the size of 3 buses, if they down it in the city, some people would die on the ground. Reason they waited for it to float over the ocean. This new object is very small and its payload has no risk to anyone on the ground since it is very small, hence the reason they downed it over the frozen water
If they were able to shoot this new flying object before getting to the US mainland, they should have been able to shoot down the 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland.

2 Likes

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 12:32am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:

If they were able to shoot this new flying object before getting to the US mainland, they should have been able to shoot down the 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland.
The point is, the so called 'spy balloon' should have never gotten to the US mainland. It transited over the Pacific ocean before it got to North America. It should have been shot down over the Pacific ocean.
The US was unable to detect the 'spy balloon' until the strange flying object was detected by citizens who brought it to the attention of authorities.

This is a PR stunt. The US is very vulnerable and has incompetent politicians at the helms.

andrew hayes
Knowing Biden it's probably a set-up to try and counter the flack he's been getting over the last balloon fiasco!.. He hates bad press and I believe he's capable of doing anything to make himself look good!..
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by Bigchristo: 12:33am On Feb 11, 2023
shegzhkn:

Lol, how do you figure honey ??, he just had the best midterm for a sitting CIC.
Let’s wait n see
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 12:41am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:
andrew hayes Knowing Biden it's probably a set-up to try and counter the flack he's been getting over the last balloon fiasco!.. He hates bad press and I believe he's capable of doing anything to make himself look good!.. I was looking for critical thinking on Nairaland. The first and second page was very disappointing..it makes me want to agree with Borrell's view of Africans. That's the reality for some of us. African Countries Are Dumb And Easy To Manipulate- EU Is Talking From Experience https://www.nairaland.com/7559246/african-countries-dumb-easy-manipulate#120721108
FreddieGray:
The 'spy balloon' approached the North American mainland/hinterland from the pacific ocean direction. They had plenty oppurtunity to shoot it down over the Pacific Ocean before it flew over North American mainland. From comments I've read, I'm 100% certain a good number of Nairalanders do not know where China or the US is located on the world map.
Why were they unable to detect this 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland/hinterland but they're able to detect this new 'flying object' that approached from the same Pacific Ocean direction. Can't you guys see the BS? It was disappointing that no one brought up that question on the first and second page. I just saw adults who ought to be intelligent behave like unhinged monkeys.

Rakoni Zivkovic
Dear China please keep sending them balloons by thousands and let the Americans go trigger happy !! What's the cost of a balloon, say $ 50,000 the USA will be shooting it down with a $1.2 Million missile + $ 50k /hr of f35 operational cost !! LMAO
2 m
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by Ykc2(m): 12:43am On Feb 11, 2023
God1000:
China again, Xi jinping is clearly looking for trouble, what message are they trying to send?

Unlike Russia, China has a lot to lose in any conflict with the west, I don't think Chinese government is that stupid sha

Is Joe Biden becoming weak or what? No US president tolerates such thing whether democrat or republican

He should not allow such incidents to derail all the good things he has done for americans, republicans will surely use this against him.

oga you don withdraw money from Atm in nigeria before you start lecturing china with your phone made in china

2 Likes

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 12:43am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:
andrew hayes Knowing Biden it's probably a set-up to try and counter the flack he's been getting over the last balloon fiasco!.. He hates bad press and I believe he's capable of doing anything to make himself look good!.. I was looking for critical thinking on Nairaland. The first and second page was very disappointing..it makes me want to agree with Borrell's view of Africans. That's the reality for some of us. African Countries Are Dumb And Easy To Manipulate- EU Is Talking From Experience https://www.nairaland.com/7559246/african-countries-dumb-easy-manipulate#120721108
FreddieGray:
The 'spy balloon' approached the North American mainland/hinterland from the pacific ocean direction. They had plenty oppurtunity to shoot it down over the Pacific Ocean before it flew over North American mainland. From comments I've read, I'm 100% certain a good number of Nairalanders do not know where China or the US is located on the world map.
Why were they unable to detect this 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland/hinterland but they're able to detect this new 'flying object' that approached from the same Pacific Ocean direction. Can't you guys see the BS? It was disappointing that no one brought up that question on the first and second page. I just saw adults who ought to be intelligent behave like unhinged monkeys.

Bigbopper
Hahaha, the US shot down another balloon. They should go to a carnival and they’d win a prize. grin
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 12:46am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:

BigSur75
Mr. Kirby, the National Security Council spokesdunce, said that Big Balls Biden, when told the object over Alaska was the size of a car, said, "Gimme my ice cream. And get me my two flying car favorites, The Absent Minded Professor and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Get the Vice President in here to feed me the ice cream and to warm up the TV." Reporters were overheard whispering to one another, referring to El Presidente,, "What a man!" Mr. Kirby, after the press conference, was seen filling out a 2-week vacation request.

Big Balls Biden grin grin
As from today, I want to be known as Big Balls Biden grin
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 12:57am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:
FreddieGray:

Juan M0re
Kirby reminds me of the old video game of the same name. A big mouthed blowhard who couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it.

BMS
" “roughly the size of a small car.” ... Maybe South Korea is now shipping 2 door Kia's via drone. grin

GIJ420
Totally believable. Trying to save face
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by LtChisom: 1:01am On Feb 11, 2023
Moh247:

Didn't you follow the story of the first balloon shot by f32 the trajectory and how far it had reached before getting shot

To which hollow empty conduit will you expect the mohammadic daft brain of a head slammer to pipe into,
After'all they want sharia but run away from their countries to the west they hate.

This is why the US will keep pummelling your arses since you've decided to Bleep terrorism, which plane is f32 senseless mugu olodo?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by Everfrank(m): 1:02am On Feb 11, 2023
God1000:

Americans are liars. Always creating fictitious enemy out there. Let them show us the flying object. The guilty are always afraid. That's how they spy on other countries.
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:04am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:
FreddieGray:
Why were they unable to detect and shoot this aforementioned 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland/hinterland but they're able to detect this new 'flying object' that approached from the same Pacific Ocean direction. Can't you guys see the BS? It was disappointing that no one brought up that question on the first and second page. I just saw adults who ought to be intelligent behave like unhinged monkeys.

Deep Space Fuzz
The US put that object up there themselves and shot it down to save-face towards their citizens after the last bungled incident
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:21am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:
FreddieGray:
Why were they unable to detect and shoot this aforementioned 'spy balloon' before it got to the US mainland/hinterland but they're able to detect this new 'flying object' that approached from the same Pacific Ocean direction. Can't you guys see the BS? It was disappointing that no one brought up that question on the first and second page. I just saw adults who ought to be intelligent behave like unhinged monkeys.

Deep Space Fuzz
The US put that object up there themselves and shot it down to save-face towards their citizens after the last bungled incident

Joseph Tan
China lanterns are helping US weapon industries without anyone killed. What an awesome win win situation. US should be thankful. grin grin
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by viodemus: 1:22am On Feb 11, 2023
if this other balloon is from china, they haven't determined that yet. It could be from Russia, iran, north Korea, and other dictatorial leadership.

I think china is sending a message to America that they will use low tech ways to fight against democracy. They can flood the skies with armed balloons, etc. But as usual, their foresight is skewed, America tested balloon strategies in the 50s, hypersonic weapons in the late 50a and 60s.

Let us see how china will react after multiple balloons infiltrate their airspace. As we all see, na dem start am.

2 Likes

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:26am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:
FreddieGray:
Deep Space Fuzz

rmc
Blinken cancelled his trip to Beijing because he is afraid that his uninvited balloon will also be shot down. Ha ha ha grin
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:30am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:
FreddieGray:

Deep Space Fuzz

Joe741948ml
Chinese spy balloon! I think the Chinese have better equipment than balloons (satellites or private jets belonging to Chinese nationals) if they were intending on spying in the USA? Washington really does believe that Americans are too stupid to put 2 and 2 together! These are the delinquent, fascist, mentally deficient people who are running our country!
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:34am On Feb 11, 2023
Joe741948ml
Chinese spy balloon! I think the Chinese have better equipment than balloons (satellites or private jets belonging to Chinese nationals) if they were intending on spying in the USA? Washington really does believe that Americans are too stupid to put 2 and 2 together! These are the delinquent, fascist, mentally deficient people who are running our country!

Tbh, a very good number of Americans are actually very stupid (some are even unable to locate the US on the world map).
Don't believe the Hollywood hype... live amongst them, engage with them...get that exposure and emancipate yourself from that inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:47am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:

andrew hayes
Knowing Biden it's probably a set-up to try and counter the flack he's been getting over the last balloon fiasco!.. He hates bad press and I believe he's capable of doing anything to make himself look good!..

I was looking for critical thinking on Nairaland. The first and second page was very disappointing..it makes me want to agree with Borrell's view of Africans.
That's the reality for some of us. African Countries Are Dumb And Easy To Manipulate- EU Is Talking From Experience https://www.nairaland.com/7559246/african-countries-dumb-easy-manipulate#120721108

FreddieGray:

Deep Space Fuzz

Martin Badenhorst
Remember Japan during ww2? Claiming victorious victory after they dropped two nuclear bombs on a nation that did not possess such weapons. The resent humiliation of a balloon and now the victory of this high altitude object? I remember that day many many years ago when the Russians shot down one of their ultra high flying U2 spy planes over Russian territory. At least the Russians know what they shoot at. Guess that's why ufo's are so scared to cross Russian air space and prefer US air space. Seems much safer to do reconnaissance of western airspace grin grin
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:48am On Feb 11, 2023
Mortimer
So another balloon, but they are too embarrassed to call it that after the laughter the last balloon shootdown caused. The US is like a clown show complete with the head clown popping balloons. grin
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:52am On Feb 11, 2023
Salvatore Vitale
U.S. giving the green light on shooting down satellites ?? (Satellites transit and operates over the airspace of countries other than it's country of origin). The US will be totally out of business in Ukraine if this happens.

Satellite: an artificial body placed in orbit around the earth or moon or another planet in order to collect information or for communication.
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 1:55am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:

andrew hayes

I was looking for critical thinking on Nairaland. The first and second page was very disappointing..it makes me want to agree with Borrell's view of Africans. That's the reality for some of us. African Countries Are Dumb And Easy To Manipulate- EU Is Talking From Experience https://www.nairaland.com/7559246/african-countries-dumb-easy-manipulate#120721108
FreddieGray:

Deep Space Fuzz The US put that object up there themselves and shot it down to save-face towards their citizens after the last bungled incident

MonteCristo
Did the US just f***ing shoot down a rain drop that came from a cloud? That rain drop can technically be considered a high altitude object and also US can be considered to be in a state of hysteria.

Americans Call For biden's resignation amid 'spy Balloon' Blunder
https://www.nairaland.com/7555919/americans-call-bidens-resignation-amid
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by Kennyfancy(m): 2:06am On Feb 11, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Americans used to be the aggressors, spying and entering people's airspace

Now America is getting bullied

Even in international matters you still don't have sense
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by rickleye: 2:07am On Feb 11, 2023
God1000:

Americans don't have appetite for war. We will retaliate in a different way.
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:09am On Feb 11, 2023
Adjovi:
Nobody fears he USA anymore. They said countries should not offer aids to Syria because of the sanctions they placed on them, countries rejected and offered aids to Syria. Make USA do their worst make dem nuke their self grin grin....

Incase you don't know nations acquired nukes because of the USA. Nukes are for deterrence purposes and it is the USA everyone is deterring

Humanity should come first before any sanctions.

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by TheAlchemist: 2:14am On Feb 11, 2023
Probably the 2nd Google low altitude internet balloon that has gone off trajectory. US airforce are trigger happy.
Re: US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska by ITKovasabiMod: 2:17am On Feb 11, 2023
ITKovasabiMod:

andrew hayes

I was looking for critical thinking on Nairaland. The first and second page was very disappointing..it makes me want to agree with Borrell's view of Africans. That's the reality for some of us. African Countries Are Dumb And Easy To Manipulate- EU Is Talking From Experience https://www.nairaland.com/7559246/african-countries-dumb-easy-manipulate#120721108

FreddieGray:

Deep Space Fuzz

wtwtts
Ukraine running out of ammo, and US is pulling this crap... forget ammo, ship more cocaine to Zelensky to ease his nerves.
9 m
+1
+

Florin Georgescu
This is the USA trying to recover from the embarrassing incident with the Chinese balloon. They didn't shoot down anything. It is just a media stunt to make people believe they intercept anything. Losers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Putin Shows His Limo To Abu Dhabi Crown Prince:Wow,It's Better Than My Mercedes / Taliban Marks Two Years Since Return To Power In Afghanistan (Photos) / Malaysian Military Ready To Go To Jerusalem To Assist The Palestinian Cause

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.