Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,121 members, 7,883,914 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

Please I Need Advice On This - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Please I Need Advice On This (279 Views)

I Need Advice On Keke Maruwa Business / I Need An Advice On The Best Way To Invest My 200k. / Please I Need Advice On What Kind Of Business Can I Start With N 100,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice On This by Chivadoski(m): 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2023
Good day friends, please I need some advice and probably quotation from from Engr experts here

A friend of mine recently bought a land in Lagos and want to kick building, he has acquired all the necessary documents and all inquiries me made shows the land is legally acquired.

He has fenced it, now he wan to start foundation for 8 bedroom flat (4down stairs, 4 upstairs) and he Engr. he is using gave him a quotation of 7.8M for foundation alone (I was shocked and wondered the cost of other ones but I told him to hold let me ask for advice here since I am not an Engr and have not built before)

Due to the above price my friend then reduced it to 6 flats (3 up, 3 down) and the Engr. gave 6M as the estimated bill for the foundation, after much bargin it ended with 5.6M between them, my friend told him to hold that he will tell him when to start (because he actually to also do consultation and not just pay money without asking )

Please landlords and Engineers in the house please help out with your advice.

Admin please move to front page.
Nlfpmod oam4j seun mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Please I Need Advice On This by rickpat(m): 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
accurate bill of quantity is done using the proposed building plan..not just quoting amount from the air..

let your friend be in charge of materials while the contractor pays and acquires labour or just do supervision while your friend buys materials and pays for labour...then pay the engr supervision fee

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On This by Chivadoski(m): 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2023
rickpat:
accurate bill of quantity is done using the proposed building plan..not just quoting amount from the air..

let your friend be in charge of materials while the contractor pays and acquires labour or just do supervision while your friend buys materials and pays for labour...then pay the engr supervision fee

The Engr told my friend he must be the one to buy materials and my got angry after he has fenced the place only to find out that 9inches block sold for #290 there the Engr charged him #400 per block and he bought 2,000 pieces, the difference is too big to be ingnored when the building still has a far way to go.l and someone who has millions of blocks to still buy.
Re: Please I Need Advice On This by rickpat(m): 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2023
Chivadoski:

The Engr told my friend he must be the one to buy materials and my got angry after he has fenced the place only to find out that 9inches block sold for #290 there the Engr charged him #400 per block and he bought 2,000 pieces, the difference is too big to be in gnomes when the building still has a far way to go.
so with this initial experience your friend still doesn't know that the engr is a thief... secondly he is only insisting on buying the materials because he wants to defraud your friend...your friend Should get another person..buy his materials and either your friend pays for labour,then pays only supervision fee or the engr pays ...most builders are thieves

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On This by Chivadoski(m): 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2023
rickpat:
so with this initial experience your friend still doesn't know that the engr is a thief... secondly he is only insisting on buying the materials because he wants to defraud your friend...your friend Should get another person..buy his materials and either your friend pays for labour,then pays only supervision fee or the engr pays ...most builders are thieves

I thought as much, 5.6M for foundation alone for three a story building of 6 flats(3up, 3down) sounds scary,
Re: Please I Need Advice On This by rickpat(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
Chivadoski:

I thought as much, 5.6M for foundation alone for three a story building of 6 flats(3up, 3down) sounds scary,
as long as the engr will buy the materials,he must INFLATE the prices..trust me on this....why do you think he is fighting to be the one to buy materials?..he can even tell your friend to just pay him 50k for supervision,your friend will be happy not knowing he has finished him in materials he bought
Re: Please I Need Advice On This by visaclick: 10:21pm On Feb 11, 2023
Chivadoski:

for a project of such magnitude the engineer's fee should be at least 1m so you can give us reason why you think the engineer doesn't deserve that amount after his years of experience and knowledge acquired.
Re: Please I Need Advice On This by AmotekunSW: 2:11am On Feb 12, 2023
visaclick:
for a project of such magnitude the engineer's fee should be at least 1m so you can give us reason why you think the engineer doesn't deserve that amount after his years of experience and knowledge acquired.

They are not talking about the fee, they are talking about the cost. They are 2 different things.
Re: Please I Need Advice On This by AmotekunSW: 2:13am On Feb 12, 2023
Chivadoski:

The Engr told my friend he must be the one to buy materials and my got angry after he has fenced the place only to find out that 9inches block sold for #290 there the Engr charged him #400 per block and he bought 2,000 pieces, the difference is too big to be ingnored when the building still has a far way to go.l and someone who has millions of blocks to still buy.

The Engineer thinks your friend is a fool.
If your friend agrees that the Engineer is the one to buy materials, your friend has confirmed himself to be a fool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Sale! 4bedroom Semi Detached @ Chevron. ₦140M. Eunice 2348029562694 / Forex Trading / The Best Apps To Buy And Sell Bitcoin In Nigeria 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.