Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,564 members, 7,972,124 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:52 AM

I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 (859 Views)

I’m NOT Selling My 2008 Toyota Camry again / Certified Used 2008 Rav4 / Clean Tokunbo 2008 RAV4 LIMITED For Grabs @3.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by Akintwin(m): 10:07am On Feb 12, 2023
Hello my good people, please I bought a naija used 2008 RAV4 but it has been parked for about a year before I bought it, I discovered that it has little white smoke even after I changed the oil and I also added stop smoke but it didn't stop the smoke tho the smoke doesn't come out until I raised the car, my mechanic said it will stop after driving for some time, the car drives smoothly and the engine sound very well but the engine vibrates when I used the AC
Please is there anything I can do to the smokes. Thanks

Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by ipobarecriminals: 10:54am On Feb 12, 2023
sad contact Gazzuzz
Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2023
Akintwin:
Hello my good people, please I bought a naija used 2008 RAV4 but it has been parked for about a year before I bought it, I discovered that it has little white smoke even after I changed the oil and I also added stop smoke but it didn't stop the smoke tho the smoke doesn't come out until I raised the car, my mechanic said it will stop after driving for some time, the car drives smoothly and the engine sound very well but the engine vibrates when I used the AC

Overhaul Engine .

Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by Emmy000seun(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
There is alot of things that you need to check, and you should not have added stop smoking in the first place just change the oil, and secondly is do you have check engine light on your dash board? Is the engine shorting oil? Is your injector not dirty? Dirty injector may cause your car to vibrate when AC is on, and even if its worst your engine might be going off when in traffic, and when is your RPM when you don't put on the AC and when you put it no??
Suggestion is check if your injector is dirty, and let your nuzzles and injectors be serviced, and also your engine Air filter too be checked if its dirty.. and if the check engine light is on then go for scanning..
**Subject to my experienceand suggestion
Akintwin:
Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by Mboi: 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
Akintwin:
First thing first. Check if engine oil shorts. If it shorts then you may need to change rings or even buy half engine.
If it does not, then you will check and clean your injector, air filter and all even plugs.

As for vibrating when A/C is on, the compressor of that ac must've been changed before, probably the one they fixed is not exactly for that vehicle.
Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by gasparpisciotta: 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mboi:

First thing first. Check if engine oil shorts. If it shorts then you may need to change rings or even buy half engine.
If it does not, then you will check and clean your injector, air filter and all even plugs.

As for vibrating when A/C is on, the compressor of that ac must've been changed before, probably the one they fixed is not exactly for that vehicle.

It will definitely be short on oil from time to time and unfortunately changing the engine piston and rings will not work. He should run it that way until he has money to change the engine.
Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

It will definitely be short on oil from time to time and unfortunately changing the engine piston and rings will not work . He should run it that way until he has money to change the engine.

Why?
Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by gasparpisciotta: 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Why?

Experience.

My Corolla started smoking again after 6months of changing piston and rings, started consuming engine oil like a drunk.
Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:00am On Feb 14, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

Experience.

My Corolla started smoking again after 6months of changing piston and rings, started consuming engine oil like a drunk.

next time bring it in I'll, it's am easy fix of you use good quality parts
Re: I Am Having Problem With My 2008 Rav4 by Mboi: 8:56am On Feb 14, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

Experience.

They gave you a bad one. Even when buying a new engine, if you're not careful they will still sell a bad engine for you.
It's just for you to get a reliable dealer who will tell you the truth and give you a good foreign used engine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2010 Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla 2.5m Lugbe Abuja / Foreign Used 2010 Toyota Yaris With Original Custom Duty / Neatly Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra ( Kaduna)……….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.