Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,514 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:55 AM

We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi (448 Views)

Lagos Was Owned By The British For 99years- Rufai Shares Treaty Cession Document / Lagos Was A Super Slum Until Tinubu Became Governor - Shettima (Video) / See What Gbajabiamila Told Oba Of Lagos As New Speaker Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by naijabetlee(m): 11:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi said they were told that the Oba of Lagos, HRH Rilwan Akiolu was not “readily available” when they visited his palace on Monday, as part of his campaign tour in Lagos.

Obi stated this in an interview on Channels Television’s live programme tagged, “The 2023 Verdict” on Monday.

He said, “I’ve lived in Lagos and I have the utmost respect for Oba of Lagos and I’ve always done that to every other traditional ruler. For me, they are my fathers. On my arrival in Lagos I did ask that I will like to visit the Oba of Lagos, whom I regard as a father figure.

“I’ve been to a few states where the Emir, Obi or the Oba was not readily available, so mine is to apply to visit on a new date. This is not the only place. Some people said he refused to see me or he didn’t want to see me, but it’s not true.

Related News
Labour Party refutes claim of southwest members dissolving into APC
LP refutes claim of its southwest members dissolving into APC
Pictorial: 240 polling units where elections won't hold
“The truth is that when we arrived, we wanted to do what we used to do, arrived at the palace and see the Oba or the Emir and we were told he (Oba of Lagos) is not readily available and that we should apply and come some other date and that’s what we intend to do because he remains a highly respected father to me and to the entire nation. So, there’s no issue with that.

Recall that Obi had earlier taken his campaign to some popular markets in Lagos state ahead of the February 25th presidential election.

On Monday, Obi visited the popular Computer Village, Ikeja and Ladipo Spare Parts Market in the Oshodi area of the state, where traders troop out in their numbers to receive him.

Obi’s march through the market was met with cheers by supporters, who trooped, chanting songs of solidarity with the Labour Party candidate.

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by Nwodosis(m): 11:51pm On Feb 13, 2023
We have heared from horse's mouth, the Agbados moving around with SPVs can now rest on the Oba visitation matter.

2 Likes

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by LegendHero(m): 11:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
This man no get sense walahi.

So you couldn’t even reach out to the palace to book them in advance. You just stepped foot in Lagos and think you can just stroll to the palace without notice?

He said, “I’ve lived in Lagos and I have the utmost respect for Oba of Lagos and I’ve always done that to every other traditional ruler. For me, they are my fathers. [b]On my arrival in Lagos I did ask that I will like to visit the Oba of Lagos, [/b]whom I regard as a father figure.

1 Like

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by Nwodosis(m): 11:58pm On Feb 13, 2023
LegendHero:

So you couldn’t even reach out to the palace to book them in advance. You just stepped foot in Lagos and think you can just stroll to the palace without notice?

Are you a palace staff?

1 Like

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by LegendHero(m): 12:03am On Feb 14, 2023
Nwodosis:

Are you a palace staff?

We are not talking about warrant chiefs like Obi of Onisha here please.

1 Like

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by 1Dray(m): 12:06am On Feb 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Does you father have sense? If he does, why hasn't he contested for President, nay, Councilor?

3 Likes

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by bewla(m): 12:14am On Feb 14, 2023
Obidiout send cards for valentine now
Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by yarimo(m): 12:27am On Feb 14, 2023
Oba don't want someone that can bribe his religious body for endorsement in his palace

1 Like

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by yarimo(m): 12:28am On Feb 14, 2023
LegendHero:

We are not talking about warrant chiefs like Obi of Onisha here please.

1 Like

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by chichar1(f): 12:42am On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=yarimo post=120890491][/quote] La ugh kill you there.
Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by Realrealfact: 12:44am On Feb 14, 2023
Peter obi is better

Re: We Were Told Oba Of Lagos Was Not Available – Peter Obi by Mynd44: 5:06am On Feb 14, 2023

(1)

How Many Votes Will She Get? / Some TV Stations And Their Hypocricy / The Benefits Of The Naira Redesign Policy And Why It Should Be Helped To Succeed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.