Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,402 members, 7,964,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 05:15 PM

Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji (10682 Views)

Nigerians: Cameroon Troops Burned Our Village, Forced Us Out- Associated Press / Ijaws Are Non-natives Of Rivers State. / Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by CyberG: 5:12am On Sep 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ogbeni, show me that thread jare. I want to read.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-756023.0.html.

Without any useful contribution to the crux of that conversation, he was extremely sad to hear that someone else had made a well-received presentation at a leading conference of the most forward-looking, forward-thinking and respected intellectuals barely a couple of months ago and that I missed meeting a certain well respected individual but talked to him later. An old foolish jealous man who hides behind tribe to bolster his insecurity is a man going nowhere even if he exists for a 100 years. He mentions my handle every time like am old man losing his memory yet claimed that I follow certain threads. Well, I contribute on this site fairly, without tribal coloration, yet this pedo.phile follows me everywhere. ONLYLIES, grow a brain and a life and leave me alone! I contribute on a Nigerian thread not looking at tribes but you are cursed with tribalism to see beyond your old crooked witchy nose. Leave me alone, it is not by force to be my friend as I don't want a tribalist and bigot anywhere close to me. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 5:18am On Sep 11, 2011
^^
Can someone tell this goat to grow a brain.  undecided

I don't comment on topics moved to Racism and Tribalism section once I find out it has been moved there.
He found himself conducting a monologue on that thread after all smart folks abandoned it.

Again, what is he bleating about? I can't even remember mentioning this m0r0n more than twice in all these threads.

SMDH!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 11, 2011
CyberG:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-756023.0.html.

Without any useful contribution to the crux of that conversation, he was extremely sad to hear that someone else had made a well-received presentation at a leading conference of the most forward-looking, forward-thinking and respected intellectuals barely a couple of months ago and that I missed meeting a certain well respected individual but talked to him later. An old foolish jealous man who hides behind tribe to bolster his insecurity is a man going nowhere even if he exists for a 100 years. He mentions my handle every time like am old man losing his memory yet claimed that I follow certain threads. Well, I contribute on this site fairly, without tribal coloration, yet this pedo.phile follows me everywhere. ONLYLIES, grow a brain and a life and leave me alone! I contribute on a Nigerian thread not looking at tribes but you are cursed with tribalism to see beyond your old crooked witchy nose. Leave me alone, it is not by force to be my friend as I don't want a tribalist and bigot anywhere close to me. tongue tongue tongue

Thank you. I'll definitely be vising that thread.
You're a very mature man, keep it up. Continue to stay away from tribalism. God bless you.

Onlytruth:

^^
Can someone tell this goat to grow a brain.  undecided

I don't comment on topics moved to Racism and Tribalism section once I find out it has been moved there.
He found himself conducting a monologue on that thread after all smart folks abandoned it.

Again, what is he bleating about?

SMDH!

Will you stop this?

You're too grown for this. Let's behave like mature adults here plz because none of us here is under 25.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 5:23am On Sep 11, 2011
^^
I don't even know what you are talking about.  undecided
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by odumchi: 5:28am On Sep 11, 2011
This guy might even be worse than Orji Uzor Kalu.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by obowunmi(m): 5:31am On Sep 11, 2011
@ Ileke, No I'm not lost. The article is claiming that this governor has sent non-igbos back to their states. I argue in my above comment that this is a platform for intolerance similar to what Libyans are doing in their country despite the fact that we are all Africans. We are all Nigerians and share the same burden so separation of states and hints of intoelrance should not be accepted from high-ranking leaders. To answer your question: am I lost ? The answer is No!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 11, 2011
obowunmi:

@ Ileke, No I'm not lost. The article is claiming that this governor has sent non-igbos back to their states. I argue in my above comment that this is a platform for intolerance similar to what Libyans are doing in their country despite the fact that we are all Africans. We are all Nigerians and share the same burden so separation of states and hints of intoelrance should not be accepted from high-ranking leaders. To answer your question: am I lost ? The answer is No!

Oh ok, I now get the point you were trying to make. I share your sentiment.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by klas(m): 6:09am On Sep 11, 2011
Abia State Governor, Chief Theodore Ahamefule Orji has said the reason he is sending non-natives back to their home states is to enable the state to accommodate many Abia natives displaced in some crisis-ridden states of the nation by the activities of Boko Haram.

He made the explanations in a radio broadcast yesterday as part of the activities marking the 20th anniversary of the creation of the state and his 100 days in office. He said the move was a not vindictive measure but to, among other things, accommodate many Abia natives displaced in some crisis-ridden states.

He said further that the move would help the state government to implement the N18,000 minimum wage for workers, stressing that his administration was committed to the payment of the new minimum wage as stipulated in the 1999 Constitution as amended. “The compelling reasons for our action are as follow: there are many Abians displaced from the northern part of the country as a result of the activities of Boko Haram and others like them, who are anxiously waiting on government for re-absorption and rehabilitation.”

The governor noted that it would be difficult for his government to achieve its desire of satisfying its workforce with its present bloated workforce in which non-natives rank highest. “We can only achieve our desire of making our workers happy through the transfer of the non -indigenes in our civil service workforce to their states of origin.”

According to him, “the pupil-teacher ratio in our public schools is not encouraging, indicating that we have excess teachers who are virtually redundant. And the echelon of this profession is predominantly dominated by non-indigenes, to the major disadvantages of the indigenes who themselves need to be encouraged by promotion so that new people will be recruited to reduce unemployment. “Some time in the past, Abians working in other neighbouring states were disengaged and forced to return to their states for re-absorption. They were accordingly absorbed and non-indigenes from those states in Abia, have since been retained and peacefully accommodated.

Now that the state is committed to the payment of N18,000 minimum wage, the state cannot pay this if we silently continue to bear the burden of accommodating displaced Abians from other states, non-indigenes in the workforce and the existing workforce.”

From the bolded, why do people not think that it is the fellow south-easterners that will be affected by the eviction order. It is inconcievable that northerners dominate the teaching service in abia. He even referred to 'neighbouring states'.  Northern states are not abia's neighbours.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Abuloma80(f): 6:40am On Sep 11, 2011
Now that the state is committed to the payment of N18,000 minimum wage, the state cannot pay this if we silently continue to bear the burden of accommodating displaced Abians from other states, non-indigenes in the workforce and the existing workforce.”

[b]Hear him!! How are those two issues related, minimum wage, and non-indigens, to be specific (Northerners)

Since when have they become part of the workforce? I can see that we are now heading to the 1966 crises

where it became "A raba" and "A ware". I weep for Naija
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 11, 2011
This Orji must be super Daft. And for those confusing issues, Orji is essentially kicking out other Igbos from Abia State, mostly people from Imo state.

This same problem sunk relations between Enugu and Anambra States for years. It led to Ebonyi Revenging with the same policy against ENUGU state only. It lead to various forms of crisis as Enugu State tried to localize federal institutions in their state like UNN and Eha -Amufu College of Education. Finally it lead to hoards of people believing that Enugu State Govt. under Gov. Chimaroke will hatch to sieze their properties, hence relocated and put their properties on sale .  Enugu lost its Eastern charm and position as the Eastern center, hence orgnisations like the British council could no longer see the rational in maintaining a presence there.

Only the their Gov. Chime has some what mollified the feeling, and he even had to introduce a policy to forestall people from easily selling of their properties, using high fees for change of ownership. In all, that policy only diminished Enugu, excluded the multitude of other eastern resident, and made way for the destructive political polarization of the state between its two main indigenous groups the UDI/NGWO vs NSUKKA.

This policy was so bad that at some point in time in Nsukka area, thieves when robbing households will ask the occupants if they were indigenes or non indigene as the basis for robbing them or letting them go.

Hence, I wonder why ten years after the effects some one with brains will be contemplating such a move that was carefully avoided by his predecessors. By the way, denying a Nigerian Citizen the right to live, work in Nigeria should be considered treasonable. It may be accomodated during military rule, but certanly not under any democracy so I expect the Federal Govt. to call this fool to order.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Benez: 7:03am On Sep 11, 2011
Fashola, pls send all Abians back to their states since their gov has more than enough space now to accommodate them.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by ypad: 7:19am On Sep 11, 2011
This is rubbish. how can Abia grow? he is suppose to make Abia become African Dubai and not to drive away people who 'll in turn contribute to the development of the state by paying tax.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by LloydAchi(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2011
Somebody should tell this Abia man that where he is going, there is no road there,
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by member479760: 7:25am On Sep 11, 2011
the guy na prof ooo, so let him ride on.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by ShipIt(m): 7:47am On Sep 11, 2011
I wonder who deserves more credit for ignorance and utter cluelessness, The governor of Abia or this Udezue guy
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by MEGAWATCH: 7:54am On Sep 11, 2011
No mind de man na my gov. na criminal na 18k minimum wage he de fear. He do beg churches make dem come take back govt. school make im salary reduce,churches no gree. Now he don de chase other state workers away. Anyway na watin fit Abians wen we de talk am b4 election dem no hear,now dem don chop money finish e don de do dem.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by nogames: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2011
gbam ! o ya, igbo for Lagos state governor 2015
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by phreakabit(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2011
Nice move, if he sent back only Abokis ( Northerners in general) back.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by rhymz(m): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Thank you. I'll definitely be vising that thread.
You're a very mature man, keep it up. Continue to stay away from tribalism. God bless you.

Will you stop this?

You're too grown for this. Let's behave like mature adults here plz because none of us here is under 25.
You are such a hypocrit!!! You fill my palate with bile. . ARHHHHHG!!!
You have no moral standing to accuse anybody here of tribalism when that is the bulk of what you do here. I guess most of those other bigoted statements you so readily spew unprovoked in other threads are a freudian slip. Scheeeew!!! Go and decieve yourself jare! Go and decieve yourself jare!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by udezue(m): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2011
@CyberG, a m0r0nic goat like you have no right to say anything to me coz # 1 who the hell are u?, #2 who asked you for ur damn friendship. U keep calling us old men lmaooooo, have u seen my birth certificate? Guy stfu. Northerners implement policies that make lives of Southerners unbearable and forces them to relocate and u think a Southerner can't whip up his own? Do me I do you na the way in Nigeria now u doo-doo-head-dummy so get acquainted to it. When it comes to things that will benefit ur useless assess u remember we are all Nigerians. If we are all Nigerians then anyone can be governor and senator anywhere but nope u dare not do that so how is his policy worse than that? Damn hypocrites
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by ziccoit: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2011
Since Mr Gov has come out to imply he can take care of his state indigenes, let other states catapult all the Abians in their respective states back to Abia. He simply has no excuse.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by udezue(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2011
Ileke Ibi, smh u have no right to call anyone tribalist. Classic case of a kettle calling the pot black. You get ur hour orgasm by flooding threads with ur anti-Igbo, anti-SS garbage but u wanna accuse ppl of tribalism? I blame the 12 northern governors who introduced their intolerant brand of Islam and Sharia that is radicalizing their ppl and forcing our people to flee. Orji is simply reacting and looking for a way to accommodate his people displaced by intolerance of Hausa ppl so something has to give.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by mallorca(m): 11:45am On Sep 11, 2011
Mr Governor your not making any sense
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Beync(f): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You're a shameless tribalist.

I used to look up to your posts until I found out your kinky habits of posting tribalistic comments. I hope you don't drown in your own disgusting tribalistic-pool.
Look at pot calling kettle back
U should be telling this to yourself till the day you grow brain.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by tashanja(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2011
Having not bothered to even read the posts and various opinions; the topic already speaks for itself; I have to respond that this is blatant discrimination of the xenophobic kind.

If true and the northerners retaliate, does the gov know that there are more southerners in the north than vice-versa, and can he accommodate the many Abians that would be repatriated in the same way?

How intolerant and retrogressive, imagine Nigerians treating other Nigerians as if they are foreigners in their own country shocked shocked
For goodness sake where are we heading to? Soon we'll be setting up borders and demanding for visas and passports before people can travel between states and local govts - within the same country. SMH sad cry
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by velo10: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2011
Kudos to the people of Abia state, you got a xenophobic tribalist as a governor. If every governor decides to do the same, we'll be heading closer to disunity. The FG should call this guy to order
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by freepeople: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2011
[size=16pt]You're a shameless tribalist[/size].

I used to look up to your posts until I found out your kinky habits of posting tribalistic comments. I hope you don't drown in your own disgusting tribalistic-pool.

wonders shall never end. sad
Ileke-idi calling a poster "tribalist"? 
Do you know that you were voted the 2nd most annoying nairalander after 190@?
I quit reading your post long time ago.

Read your signature next time before you refers to a poster as a tribalist.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by ak47mann(m): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2011
wonder what these tribalist are doing in this forum undecided
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2011
This is not okay at all.too bad.are we still one nigeria.boko haram are doing their own.jos crisis is still there.now abia issue again.i fear for this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s Liaison Officer, Nura Rimi, Sent On Diplomatic Posting To UAE / Buhari Refuses To Watch The Shooting Of Unarmed Pro-Biafran Protesters (video) / Ministry Of Information Fails To Account For N561.6m - Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.