Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:55 PM

Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? (18361 Views)

Today Is Valentine!! What Will You Surprise Your Partner With / "Every Man Nowadays Wants Sex On The First Day" - A Beautiful Lady Cries Out / Why Is Valentine Always Associated With Sex?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Iamzik: 9:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
I understand what you are saying but that Proverbs 31 is hard to explain to any lady who doesn't want to be hardworking and contribute.
Even the part about a man providing for his household isn't literal but figurative.

Exactly. Churches should start teaching the truth. A lot of homes have been ruined because of this erroneous teaching. Women are taught to believe "my money is my money alone but my husband's money is our money". Some women think that they are doing the man a favour when they contribute any little thing in the home. This teaching has left many broken homes in its trail but who among our preachers will be bold enough to lead the revolution?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Mayeldah(m): 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
Its is not just a Nigerian girl/woman problem, everything in Nigeria is just after taking all your money from you

Nothing gives back!

The Government, Church, Street, Assosications, Girls/women, even fellow men, all of them wants to run you dry. No social investment, nothing you benefit for being a Nigerian man, You struggle for everything.

You know what?, It stands you out and makes you strong when you find yourself in a different clime. We are hustlers!

of course there are few exceptions grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Jones4190(m): 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
Buddha3:

grin grin

Them dey talk better thing for here, na people knacking dey bother you. People wey normal for nairaland no reach 9...and you no follow for the list kawai!
na question I the ask oo
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
Is it really easy for a girl anywhere in the world not talk of Nigeria, abeg make una rest with all this Nigerian girls this Nigeria girls that, this are small small boys talk when you really make money as a man u will understand that you need a sweet woman to enjoy the money with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Sleekfingers: 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Not entirely true. My wife gave me a Sieko wrist watch and police sun glasses today.
And I gave her perfume and a box of chocolate....
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Rexnegro(m): 10:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
CaptainStephen:
like I said, you all being broke and young is a summative assessment.

Broke for obvious reasons and young in age, mindset and exposure. I never had to nurge my wife to reciprocate in giving and etc even when we were dating.
You are just one lucky guy bro.... Perhaps the universe linked you up with one of that gender that have sense ... You are previledge doesn't mean other are broke and young sir
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by BRATISLAVA: 10:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
According to Britannica, Valentine's Day, also called St. Valentine's Day, holiday (February 14) is a day when lovers express their affection with greetings and gifts.

lovers express love with gift and greetings.
Why is it a one sided affair with Nigerians? Hardly will your see ladies giving gift and when they do, it is more likely to be inferior in value to what they expect and demand.

Is the man not a lover?

You guys want customs when it suits you, and then you want secular rules when it suits you too. It's good you mentioned Nigerians. Nigerians have their own customs and traditions for Valentine's Day. Just like other countries do. If it is how it is in Rome, what are you trying to fix? Something as flimsy as one day.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
My wife change my wardrobe
She tried so much
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by BRATISLAVA: 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Iamzik:

Exactly. Churches should start teaching the truth. A lot of homes have been ruined because of this erroneous teaching. Women are taught to believe "my money is my money alone but my husband's money is our money". Some women think that they are doing the man a favour when they contribute any little thing in the home. This teaching has left many broken homes in its trail but who among our preachers will be bold enough to lead the revolution?

Rewrite the bible so that it will erase the part where men are to provide for their families or become infidels. But also erase submission, too. Let's all encourage what we like and what favors us.

All of your churchy preaching is always about women. Is it that your Christianity was created only for women, or that you aren't interested in working your own salvation? Remove the mote from your eyes first. The burden of homes, finances, society and religion is not solely for women. Jesus didn't spend his days talking about religion and women endlessly.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Sukkyy2010: 11:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
Qatar2022:
Nigerian girls are selfish, all they think about is themselves only
they are all Opportunist.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by ZooOga: 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
DyshApp:
chill with some valentine's love stories https://www.nairaland.com/7568980/love-stories-thatll-ensure-never#120905491 ,its not all bad we should stop seeing it as a day to avoid if you love someoneyou won't wait till valentine to get them gifts

Bro from Andromeda and his babe has heard you. 😂

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Thomasankara(m): 11:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
grin grin cheesy grin[/color]just dey play[color=#770077]
StrongAlphMale:

Haven't you heard I don't date Nigeria girls? Of course you should know I deal strictly with foreign girls. I'm getting married to My Russian Babe straight up.
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by MyExpression(m): 2:28am On Feb 15, 2023
meobizy:
For Africa’s biggest forum, this place lacks creativity. Na Reddit sure pass.

Ama take you on- on your submission....if only the mods can- can.
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Judybash93(m): 2:57am On Feb 15, 2023
It's a no man's day
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by MyExpression(m): 3:13am On Feb 15, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Rewrite the bible so that it will erase the part where men are to provide for their families or become infidels. But also erase submission, too. Let's all encourage what we like and what favors us.

I bet you've not read that passage yourself...you're just following hear-say.

Read in context and come back to defend your stance.

People just lift a line or verse that suits their narrative.
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by BRATISLAVA: 8:16am On Feb 15, 2023
MyExpression:

I bet you've not read that passage yourself...you're just following hear-say.

Read in context and come back to defend your stance.

People just lift a line or verse that suits their narrative.

Don't be afraid to address the second paragraph.

When men have to read their Bible, they always want it not to refer to them. When they read it it is to enforce their narrative on women.

Please, read your Bible with a search for the word infidel and tell us what it says about men being infidels. Otherwise you should call the talk about submission hearsay—unless keeping it that way suits your narrative.

And if that's the case, the bible can mean anything to anyones narrative and isn't a standard. When men don't want responsibility to be men, they avoid that passage. But they are quick to shout that a wise woman builds her house. So what does the head of the home do? Sit pretty? The same way fornication is always preached at women. But to accept being an infidel for being unproductive is very hard. It's new testament doctrine.

Anyway, that is for the males with their gender-based Christianity to figure out. If the bible is allegory when it concerns them but the law where they feel it concerns women.
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Eddaman77(m): 8:54am On Feb 15, 2023
Pandev:
who is this one forming woke? undecided
Abeg help me ask Oga Sabinus.
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by reddingtonblack: 9:10am On Feb 15, 2023
Sleekfingers:
Not entirely true. My wife gave me a Sieko wrist watch and police sun glasses today.
And I gave her perfume and a box of chocolate....

Good, call your friends and ask them then see how many are as luck as you.

thats is how to test for truth
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Sammy5413(m): 9:20am On Feb 15, 2023
It's simple, Nigerian ladies are all hungry
You take them out for a date, they order for fufu
They also ask For T-fair after going out on a date

1 Like

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by MisterKennedy(m): 9:30am On Feb 15, 2023
remsonik:
I don't have any boyfriend, if I have a husband would pound yam for him. Today is a blessed day and I celebrating it with my loved ones

Hello Remsonik

I like your healthy mindset

1 Like

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by MisterKennedy(m): 9:32am On Feb 15, 2023
Shirleybliss:
From my own perspective. Valentine's shouldn't be a one sided thing. The two parties are meant to show love to each other. Though most times males tend to show off more than ladies as a responsible lover over her..

You've said it very correctly.
How's your week going

1 Like

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by E2000: 10:21am On Feb 15, 2023
If the woman you are currently dating does not exhibit qualities as seen in proverbs 31 from the "Goodness Bible version". I pity you if you go ahead to make her your wife
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by JeeFox: 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Only a Fool would waste his time dating a Nigerian girl.

You should bang them, dump them and move on.

Do you have a sister, hm?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by JeeFox: 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Only a Fool would waste his time dating a Nigerian girl.

You should bang them, dump them and move on.

Because your dad dumped your mum right? If your dad treated your momma the way you're proposing, them for don born you abi?

And say you have a sister, if a guy treats her like the way you're suggesting, you go dey form "who born the maga?" abi. Alaye rest and shut the Bleep up.

If this is how you treat other girls then you're a big asshole from the darkest, dumbest pit of stupidity and an idiosyncratic toxic wanna be alpha male.

If you no like how 'nigerian women' are, then leave them the Bleep alone. Abstain from then completely, you mustn't Bleep. But no, your dick must always be in action. I'm not saying some girls don't have a problem upstairs but your ideology just needs you be locked up from public eye. At least respect the fact that it was a woman who birthed you because saying this is a very big disgrace to her.

Go and learn how to be reasonable and respectful before opening your trap anyhow to vomit rubbish.

Aga muta nwoke, aga muta nwoke, muta nwoke eji eme gini. Muta nwoke eji gini.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by sheDD(m): 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Offpoint1:
Lol, seems you're just waking up to the realization women weren't genetically designed to be givers.

The western society some how found a way to altered and reprogrammed their women from their natural genetic traits/psyche, while our black women are still exhibiting their natural traits.

A woman will always be an EXPECTANT, they lack the natural ability to give... those who tried to give do so solemnly with an higher expectations in returns... More like an investment scheme.

I wouldn't want to talk about "LOVE" because that word itself is an ILLUSION.
"socially" not "genetically"

D simp men has made it that only women deserves to be at receiving end to all good.....
Has nth to do with biology🙄
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Danisaint112(m): 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
One reason I'm seriously considering marrying a decent white girl. Their mentality and way of life is just different.
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by achimendy(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2023
CodeTemplar:
According to Britannica, Valentine's Day, also called St. Valentine's Day, holiday (February 14) is a day when lovers express their affection with greetings and gifts.

lovers express love with gift and greetings.
Why is it a one sided affair with Nigerians? Hardly will your see ladies giving gift and when they do, it is more likely to be inferior in value to what they expect and demand.

You need to understand that our country Nigeria is mostly occupied with broke, selfish, and entitled-vipers that parade themselves as girls/slay queens, steady looking for who to devour.
Re: Why Is Valentine Day A One Sided Affair In Nigeria? by Iamzik: 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

All of your churchy preaching is always about women. Is it that your Christianity was created only for women, or that you aren't interested in working your own salvation? Remove the mote from your eyes first. The burden of homes, finances, society and religion is not solely for women. Jesus didn't spend his days talking about religion and women endlessly.

Provision and submission are not mutually exclusive. A woman who is not submissive will not be submissive whether the man provides or not. If a woman Is working and has a good job or business why should she hide all her money and place unnecessary heavy load on the man. You need to change your mentality about marriage. Marriage is not a vehicle for women to escape responsibility or live on the expense of a man.

Providing for the home is a joint responsibility of both husband and wife. I pointed out Proverbs 31 but I guess it is not in your own version of the Bible.

No part of the Bible Is more important than the order. The Bible is very balanced if you care to read.

Many men have committed suicide, others have been reduced to a shadow of themselves by the same woman who they spent all their money on when they had the means.

A man has a greater purpose than paying bills. Contemporary men have discovered this fact and women are pained!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Valentine's Gift Is The Best You Have Ever Recieved / For Ladies: Why Guys With Pink Lips? / Ladies Stop Inserting Sex___toys Inside Your Pusssies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.