Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,760 members, 7,875,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community (26620 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Fear Grips Diplomatic Community Amid Worsening Insecurity In Nigeria / Don’t Cross The Line, Onyeama Advises Diplomatic Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by kcnwaigbo: 11:09am On Feb 15, 2023
Ken4Christ:

He never said so. I told you people that Emefiele doesn't have the liver to counter Supreme Court Judgment.
Comedian better go to CBN head office to submit your old notes before it's too late
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by gboye1999: 11:11am On Feb 15, 2023
tamdun:

What if the problem he is trying to solve is the currency outside the system but within reach of certain elements.

Granted, we don't do well at proper planning and implementation.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by PStacks(m): 11:13am On Feb 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
This clearly means that the policy stands

I hope Nigerians vote wisely this time and kick out APC from our lives on February 25th

Enough is enough

APC is Introducing a Policy and you are saying they should Kick Out APC that is introducing the Policy.

Maybe u are Drunk or like they said u are on drugs.

Just show ur ignorance anywhere and everywhere.

Obi supporters
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by uvie66: 11:14am On Feb 15, 2023
CelestineNelson:
Only people that have illegal money stacked in their houses will continue to have issues with this policy...we have had a smooth transition of currency but this time, criminals element where choked that is why their screaming in every media outlet. The same new note they release I won't be surprise if they find out that it was hijacked by the Criminals
...I think you have a point, Tinubu, and MC Oluomo are in trouble.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Racoon(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2023
CBN Boss has spoken. Buhari cabal have spoken.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by reddingtonblack: 11:18am On Feb 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

I hope Nigerians vote wisely this time and kick out APC from our lives on February 25th

Enough is enough

It as become clearer Obedient are the most selfish & self centered class of people ...

Nigerians won't vote an opportunist like Peter OBi, enough of mediocre, Nigerians will vote whoever has the best records.
looks & words could be misleading and deceptive but track records are 99% reliable. Nigerians think

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Parachoko: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Please which of the bank is Peter Obi controlling, I wish to know?
Fidelity Bank

He even saved Anambra State Government money in the bank while he was the Governor, money e suppose use to fund capital projects and pay retired and active civil servants.

Go and verify
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by IfnobeGod20: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2023
Raymond84:
Now tell me why vote selling won't be a lucrative business for the voters.

The politicians you want to starve have already accumulated sufficient new Naira notes for their election through the banks. That's obvious!

In reality, if there are no changes to the country's current cash situation, the public may be more susceptible to politicians during the election because the politicians already have the new Niara notes in their possession for the election.

Trust me, there won't be votes buying this time around; what you are about to witness is VOTE SELLING.

Yes! It is true that the policy may not be contentious, but the execution leaves much to be desired. Proper planning is critical to successfully implementing a policy, even within an organization, let alone an entire country with over 200 million people.
Please I want to ask you question. Can you tell me a single policy that federal government have done that the people have joyfully accepted in this country, that the citizens will not want to drag the federal government back? Is it on BVN, is it for National I.D Card, is it for the COVID-19 jab, just name it?
We always like things to be done on our terms and conditions and not the laid down rules. If the federal government still say, the deposition of the old notes will lapse 31 December, 2023, I can bet you millions of Nigerians will still falter. Are you aware that millions of Nigerians didn't do their BVN till date. Hope you're aware that CBN claimed billions of naira are still trapped in many banks without known owners.
We always like fire brigade approach in everything but later blame the organization concern.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by bahgo2001: 11:28am On Feb 15, 2023
Good news, at least the hoarded
new note will be properly circulates
do4luv14:

And the most important thing the policy is against, will be promoted massively,

Cos the Hunger to get money might make many to sell their votes,

We are watching
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Luckysbab: 11:34am On Feb 15, 2023
press9jatv:
Redesign of Nigeria currency stand joor. Old currency is no more a legal tender in the general public. To hell with APC governors. Tinubu ma lule piii Lekan siii niiii

You're a big fool, if all you make out of this rushed badly planned "transition" is about how it will affect Tinubu.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Willie2015: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

This cashless policy is the best of all policies instituted by Buhari. This will reduce inflation boost economy. Curb corruption and institutionalize accountability.
It is unreasonable for you to want to buy goods of #50,000 and you will I'll be carrying cash about to make purchase, let alone buying goods in the upward of #500,000. It's absurd and uncivilized and doesn't move with global trend. Please let us help Buhari to attain this feat. Politicians are just playing in our intelligence, what they cannot do in oyinbo countries they go to buy goods worth millions, they do it in Nigeria. Same way they dare not break traffic rule in those countries but shamelessly with ego do that here.
National Orientation Agency and other Media Outlets should start as a matter of urgency, sensitizing Nigeria population on the need to go electronic.
The telecommunication should also widen their scope and make their network better. The CBN should also try and reduce interest rates on loans, charges on transfers and others hidden charges that will go along way to motivate the Nigerians on the need to go cashless.
Just as I earlier said, this is the best policy of Buhari, not APC because APC governor claimed it is not in APC manifesto that they will do that. The second policy he also did that is also a bomb is the unbundling of NNPC. These two are the ones I love most in all his policies.
Citizens, cashless policy doesn't allow you carrying huge amount of money about, you're expected to go electronically or use credit card. Take the message home and start sensitizing people.

I pray that you or any of your loved ones...
Will not be involved in a hospital emergency...
That you cant get access to cash....
And your bank electronic platform is down....
And hospital mgt insist that they cant commence treatment without cash or transfer...
Then u will understand the implication poor implementation...
of this cashless policy and whacked e banking platforms in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Offpoint1: 11:37am On Feb 15, 2023
CelestineNelson:
Only people that have illegal money stacked in their houses will continue to have issues with this policy...we have had a smooth transition of currency but this time, criminals element where choked that is why their screaming in every media outlet. The same new note they release I won't be surprise if they find out that it was hijacked by the Criminals

The criminals are not crying about the redesign, the fear of explaining the source of their money when depositing what they stacked up is the problem with them grin

Buhari took them by surprise.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Luckysbab: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2023
Ishilove:
I know this man knows that he will be sacked after May 29

And prosecuted or bannished
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Luckysbab: 11:41am On Feb 15, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Please I want to ask you question. Can you tell me a single policy that federal government have done that the people have joyfully accepted in this country, that the citizens will not want to drag the federal government back? Is it on BVN, is it for National I.D Card, is it for the COVID-19 jab, just name it?
We always like things to be done on our terms and conditions and not the laid down rules. If the federal government still say, the deposition of the old notes will lapse 31 December, 2023, I can bet you millions of Nigerians will still falter. Are you aware that millions of Nigerians didn't do their BVN till date. Hope you're aware that CBN claimed billions of naira are still trapped in many banks without known owners.
We always like fire brigade approach in everything but later blame the organization concern.

Tell me the infrastructure and education the CBN put in place, to make the useless cashless policy work.

How do you transit to cashless rubbish in so short a time? Una dey think at all laidis?
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by dapadawee: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Enough is enough
What we practice In Nigeria is democracy. And in a Democratic state there must be Political parties. Any candidate that vie for office must belong to one political party or the other. Different people come together to make up a political party. When a candidate fail doesn't make all the members of his political party a failure.why we kicked PDP out was because they had three opportunities and failed. Of a truth buhari failed Nigeria, but APC have not failed Nigeria. The mistake tinubu and ACN made was supporting buhari. However, without supporting buhari no way tinubu will ever become the president of the federal republic of nigeria. Tinubu is administratively far better than obi cubana and atiku. Tinubu is better that the both of them in the management of human resources etc
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Luckysbab: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2023
Seankhalifa:
2023 peson no open account... dy must be mad... we can't afford to be backward all the time cause of people... my grand mama 96 die with a bank account... we have to find a way to know every one naira been spend... to reduce insecurity and corruption.... the time is now.... the only thing CBN need to do now is to reduce transfer fee... who need to be carrying cash up and down... with starlink Internet will soon be everywhere and very cheap

Kids everywhere. It's not only starlink internet, it's starbucks.

So it's everyone that can afford a browsing phone, then subscribe too?
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by sukar886: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2023
Buhari and emiefele need a create of chilled heniken.... God bless them
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by christistruth01: 11:47am On Feb 15, 2023
Emefiele thinks he can stop Elections from holding
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by IfnobeGod20: 11:48am On Feb 15, 2023
Parachoko:
Fidelity Bank

He even saved Anambra State Government money in the bank while he was the Governor, money e suppose use to fund capital projects and pay retired and active civil servants.

Go and verify
Young man, stop lying. He was once their chairman but is no more.
Please can you people just stop lying. Fidelity bank is part of banks Anambra government is using and just because was once their chairman does that stop Anambra government using the bank.
Fidelity bank has been in partnership with the state government for long and not when Peter Obi became governor.
Check one of their partnership recently.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sunnewsonline.com/fidelity-bank-sponsors-anambra-fashion-expo/%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjsrujNp5f9AhUAX_EDHSfFD3wQFnoECCIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw037ETopiPfHTaDVE-gM2vl

Obi has said it repeatedly that the day he left office as governor, he owned no salary, owed no pension, owed no gratuity and owed no contractor that have successfully completed their contract and delivered same. He still said same in Chatham House. I think by now, someone should have come out to say he was lying and probably sue him for lying or the contractor come out and say he was owing their company before he left after they've delivered their work but none till date.
Meanwhile, did he breached any constitution for saving money for the good people of Anambra. Saving culture is part of governance. I know you're happy the way some state governors turned their state to debt that it would take next generation to pay. You're happy that Osun state government could not borrow again because Aregbesola had mortgaged the state because of borrowing and Oyetola for good 4 years could not borrow a dime because the state doesn't have the capacity again.
Nigeria need a frugal leaders not those that would further deep the country into further debt. Are you aware that Buhari will be handing over 77 trillions debt? I think that is what you want. Continue following people that mortgaging the destinies of our unborn children and you think they are doing the right thing.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by FireUpNow(m): 11:50am On Feb 15, 2023
It's just about the right time to show APC the red card! Enough of the damage
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by IfnobeGod20: 11:50am On Feb 15, 2023
Luckysbab:

You don't need a browsing phone to do transaction. You just need even #3,000 phone.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Parachoko: 11:53am On Feb 15, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Obi has said it repeatedly that the day he left office as governor, he owed no pension.
https://allafrica.com/stories/202209120200.html

The Joke is on you 🤡🤡🤡

Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by press9jatv: 11:53am On Feb 15, 2023
Luckysbab:

You're a big fool, if all you make out of this rushed badly planned "transition" is about how it will affect Tinubu.

you heard me well, Tinubu is pained with the naira redesign. Tinubu is a goner joor. Even the APC Governor’s too are goners
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by dappydozzy(m): 11:53am On Feb 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Enough is enough

Voting for APC or otherwise doesnt change its policy concerning cashless payments, Moreover, you cant dictate for a Central Bank in a democratic setting,you can only consult.the CBN has a high degree of autonomy. Any Government whether PDP or APC cannot dictate for Central Bank. They can only help pilot the scheme to success. Cashless economy will be beneficial for us, if not we cant be calling ourselves Giant of Africa, when countries like Rwanda, and Kenya have gone far in terms of mobile and cashless payments .
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by anochuko01(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2023
CelestineNelson:

Are you on drugs?
How much of that new money do you have with you?
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by press9jatv: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2023
do4luv14:

Make them try make the new ones available plenty, they should start with 200 own first, as that's easily obtained
that’s what cbn are working on now.
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by press9jatv: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2023
Jnrprince1:

I pity you cus you don't know the doom that awaits you
the doom that’s awaiting Tinubu next week Saturday is warming up. Tinubu the clueless drug trafficker and over ambitious politician will be heavily disgrace and shamed in the presidential poll. February 25th is the date and we are fully prepared and ready for him. Tinubu ti lule pii piii
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by press9jatv: 11:57am On Feb 15, 2023
Ken4Christ:

To start it, was it really redesigned? They just changed colour and it was a very bad print.

Meanwhile, both old and new notes are still legal tender.
people aren’t collecting that old notes again joor
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by anochuko01(m): 11:58am On Feb 15, 2023
press9jatv:
you heard me well, Tinubu is pained with the naira redesign. Tinubu is a goner joor. Even the APC Governor’s too are goners

You're not wise.
You think APC or buhari or emefiele is doing obi a favour with the naira policy?

The govt is either supporting Tinubu or atiku. They just want to stop one of them from having enough money to buy votes. If this election enters a rerurn, that's when you'll see another movie
Re: Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community by Seankhalifa: 11:59am On Feb 15, 2023
Luckysbab:

ahhh sorry old man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bimbo Daramola: "l Will Resign After 2 Years In Office" - Ekiti Guber Aspirant / Where Is The Ibom Air Launched By Governor Udom Emmanuel Before The Election? / Our Lives Under Lockdown By Abuja, Lagos And Kaduna Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.