Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,564 members, 7,972,124 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes (1219 Views)

Court To DSS: Charge Emefiele To Court Within One Week Or Release Him / Emefiele Meets Yakubu, Says CBN Will Not Be Used To Frustrate 2023 Elections / BBC Slams FG, Promises To Release More Documentaries On Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 8:11am On Feb 16, 2023
From the look of things, CBN will try and make more new naira notes available instead of printing or releasing the old N200 naira notes into circulation despite the president order.

This means the few old N200 naira notes in circulation remains legal tender till the new deadline but the scarcity will persist.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by TheSameGuy(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2023
Emboldened

Hope you're not complaining?
Are you not happy again it'll affect Tinubu?

God1000:
From the look of things, CBN will try and make more new naira notes available instead printing or releasing the old 200 naira notes into circulation despite the president order.

This means the few old 200 naira notes in circulation remains legal tender till the new deadline but the scarcity will persist.

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 8:16am On Feb 16, 2023
TheSameGuy:
Emboldened

Hope you're not complaining?
Are you not happy again it'll affect Tinubu?

it will definitely affect Tinubu and other rogue politicians, but Nigerians will suffer it as well

11 Likes

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by MadeInTokyo: 8:19am On Feb 16, 2023
CBN will still create scarcity of the 200 naira notes

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by TheSameGuy(m): 8:23am On Feb 16, 2023
While the policy will help your well packaged fraud called Obi win the Presidency.

So don't complain, Happy suffering
God1000:
it will definitely affect Tinubu and other rogue politicians, but Nigerians will suffer it as well
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 8:25am On Feb 16, 2023
MadeInTokyo:
CBN will still create scarcity of the 200 naira notes
Yeah
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 8:26am On Feb 16, 2023
TheSameGuy:
While the policy will help your well packaged fraud called Obi win the Presidency.

Lol, Peter Obi will win in a free and fair election

9 Likes

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by MadeInTokyo: 8:28am On Feb 16, 2023
That 22 billion Tinubu money Which are in 1000 naira and 500 Naira denomination and stored in Kano state government facility meant for vote buying in the North West has become waste , useless and and now tissue papers, it will be hard converting them into 200 Naira notes with less than 9 day to election and CBN will not circulate up to 1 billion naira worth of 200 Naira notes back to the economy before election.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by HomoSapiien: 8:29am On Feb 16, 2023
God1000:
From the look of things, CBN will try and make more new naira notes available instead printing or releasing the old N200 naira notes into circulation despite the president order.

This means the few old N200 naira notes in circulation remains legal tender till the new deadline but the scarcity will persist.

Exactly. Practically no solution, just whining!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by SmartPolician: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2023
CBN will push the old #200 notes back into circulation because they don't have the capacity and materials to print more #500 and #1k notes at the moment.

I just hope they will monitor the distribution closely so that politicians and POS agents don't buy everything from banks. Those people are our biggest challenges now.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 8:32am On Feb 16, 2023
MadeInTokyo:
That 22 billion Tinubu money Which are in 1000 naira and 500 Naira denomination and stored in Kano state government facility meant for vote buying in the North West has become waste , useless and and now tissue papers, it will be hard converting them into 200 Naira notes with less than 9 day to election and CBN will not circulate up to 1 billion naira worth of 200 Naira notes back to the economy before election.
You are right, the lion of bourdillon is the biggest loser here

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by dat9jaguy(m): 8:33am On Feb 16, 2023
God1000:
From the look of things, CBN will try and make more new naira notes available instead printing or releasing the old N200 naira notes into circulation despite the president order.

You just dey enjoy the suffering because you think say them target Tinubu. I thought 8 years of having APC in power would teach you that you cannot second guess these guys. You can't know their plans until they unfold it. You might just be playing into their hands.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:
CBN will push the old #200 notes back into circulation because they don't have the capacity and materials to print more #500 and #1k notes at the moment.

I just hope they will monitor the distribution closely so that politicians and POS agents don't buy everything from banks. Those people are our biggest challenges now.
at the bolded, how do you know that? I think it's a deliberate move.
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by SmartPolician: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2023
God1000:
at the bolded, how do you know that? I think it's a deliberate move.

The CBN governor revealed it at the National Council of State meeting, but the news leaked; just the way this #200 news was leaked and TheCable published the news yesterday before Buhari announced it.

Emefiele's disclosure
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/local/cbn-lacks-capacity-to-print-enough-new-naira-notes-emefiele-admits/bredvhk.amp

Even though the CBN claims to have the capacity to print more notes, I don't think they do. That's the most reasonable explanation of what's happening today.

Come to think of it, if CBN could easily print more money, why are they making Nigerians go through all this headache? You retrieved nearly 3 trillion but haven't printed up to 1 trillion. That's a huge gap.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-buhari-to-extend-validity-of-old-naira-notes-till-april-10

Yesterday, TheCable leaked Buhari's move to extend the use of #200.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by yemex04(m): 9:05am On Feb 16, 2023
At least,when he(Tinubu) eventually wins even after the admission of the likes of your humble self that he has been tamed,hope you won't start singing of a new wailing song o?
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by anonymuz(m): 9:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Expect to see more of old 200 hundred naira note starting from Monday. For now 200 naira note will be more available than the rest.
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 9:14am On Feb 16, 2023
yemex04:
At least,when he(Tinubu) eventually wins even after the admission of the likes of your humble self that he has been tamed,hope you won't start singing of a new wailing song o?
I won't complain if there are no manipulations
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 9:16am On Feb 16, 2023
anonymuz:
Expect to see more of old 200 hundred naira note starting from Monday. For now 200 naira note will be more available than the rest.
why should it be more available than the new notes when it will expire in two months time?
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by Truthisunique2: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2023
God1000:
Lol, Peter Obi will win in a free and fair election
Obi what a joke

Atiku is now clear to pick the NW, NE, NC no sharing with Tinubu again,

Our structures in SS, SW is enough for requirement

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2023
Truthisunique2:
Obi what a joke

Atiku is now clear to pick the NW, NE, NC no sharing with Tinubu again,

Our structures in SS, SW is enough for requirement
You are a wishful thinker cheesy

Atiku isn't going anywhere

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by yemex04(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2023
God1000:
I won't complain if there are no manipulations

Fine,all proven allegations of Manipulation can be dealt with at the Tribunals up till Supreme Court..
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by Parachoko: 9:52am On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:

The politicians have billions of old ₦200, ₦500 and ₦1000 notes and new ₦200, ₦500 and ₦1000 to spend
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by SmartPolician: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2023
Parachoko:
The politicians have billions of old ₦200, ₦500 and ₦1000 notes and new ₦200, ₦500 and ₦1000 to spend

This is FALSE. That money isn't available that like most of us think. Yes, politicians have some but not as much as we speculate. If they did have a lot of it, all these state governors wouldn't be rushing to drag Buhari to court, insisting that the old notes remain a legal tender.
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by Parachoko: 9:57am On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is FALSE. That money isn't available that most of us think. Yes, politicians have some but not as much as we speculate. If they did have a lot of it, all these state governors wouldn't be rushing to drag Buhari to court, insisting that the old notes remain a legal tender.
Do you know the CBN have print over ₦300,000,000,000 new notes?
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by Robertgreene1(m): 9:58am On Feb 16, 2023
Interesting..
But down here in Anambra state..we still using the old notes...just used one few minutes ago..
So both bubu o...emefiele o..CBN plus all the myopic obidients supporting this nonsense can all go dig a pit and jump into it for all we care...
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by XerXers: 10:00am On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:

I doubt if they will recirculate the one they mopped up. They will only allow the remaining ones in circulation to be legal till new deadline
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by tamdun: 10:22am On Feb 16, 2023
God1000:
Election is just in 10 days,after election everyone ẹyẹ go clear,what about the long term effects?
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by Foolishbuhari: 10:31am On Feb 16, 2023
TheSameGuy:

Why you dey cry? Isn't buhari the best thing after fried rice anymore? Shebi all of us dey wail now abi? Fire on baba! Tifnubu ma lule 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by Siwisheswereesh: 10:38am On Feb 16, 2023
God1000:
You are right, the lion of bourdillon is the biggest loser here

Piiggiiddiioootts can be so daft and emotional

How can any governor keep NGN22Bn in his govt house despite having had 90 days to return and/or replace it with new notes

Come on! angry

Piiggiiddiiootts amaka cheesy
Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by anonymuz(m): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2023
God1000:
why should it be more available than the new notes when it will expire in two months time?
let's manage it while it last. Imagine I used a thousand naira to collect 5k. My the time I got to work it remains 3k with me. How do I survive with 3k before Monday and will start another working week. I just tire for life aswear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Think CBN Will Print Or Release More Old N200 Naira Notes by God1000(m): 10:57am On Feb 16, 2023
anonymuz:
let's manage it while it last. Imagine I used a thousand naira to collect 5k. My the time I got to work it remains 3k with me. How do I survive with 3k before Monday and will start another working week. I just tire for life aswear
it affects everyone, even me too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Elections Reports Will Not Be Uploaded- INEC / Nigerians Voted For Peter Obi, Not Labour Party / Obasanjo Laments ‘ Igbophobia’, Recalls Appointments Of Soludo, Okonjo- Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.