Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,607 members, 7,937,743 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? (436 Views)

Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity / How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. / Buhari Said The IGP Is Losing Weight. See The Moment (video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Hopium: 11:27am On Feb 16, 2023
The Commander-in-Chief, Mr. Buhari addressed the nation few hours ago. Here's what I've observed in this elaborate game of chess.

1. Buhari exposed himself as the cabal Asiwaju has been talking about.

2. Emefiele is a puppet - just like everyone already know. Nigerians just got who he was really working for. The CBN governor answers to the president; the very reason he hasn't be sacked despite his many gaffes and flops implementing the naira swap policy.

3. Emefiele's career is over after this administration. I hope he saved enough money to battle his prosecutions.

4. While I find it hard to believe that Buhari is the only one behind the scene, the president is very bad at chess. He's very far behind in the game. Not only has he exposed himself as a weak alpha by shifting ground/retreating a couple of times while the opponent (Asiwaju and his APC goons) continued to advance, he has also showed that he's not intelligent.

5. Buhari is a corrupt man who is taking the higher moral ground. He's not a saint like he always want the gullible minds to believe. In 2019, him and Osinbajo came up with trader moni - their sophisticated form of vote buying - few months to the election. Moreover, we won't be having this problem if he was contesting for a second term. It's very stupid to think Nigerians will believe he really cared about fighting election corruption three months to the election and six months to the end of his tenure. What was he doing the last 7 years? No be the same election fraud brought him to power? Was it not under his watch that politicians accumulated cash heading to the election. A smart leader who want to implement such policies (or rather checkmate Asiwaju) would have started driving the nation towards cashless policy immediately he won the second term. He would have had enough time, it won't have hurt citizens, and he would have gotten little resistance. Buhari gave the masses as tools in the hand of his opponents on a platter.

Buhari and everyone happy to be benefiting from the scarcity are five steps behind.

6. Buhari will become irrelevant in the APC after his administration. He will lose a lot of loyalists in the North, those in his party and outside.

7. There's a very high chance he backed the APC chairman when he single-handedly picked Ahmed Lawan as the consensus candidate last year.

8. His obvious attempt at stop Asiwaju is backfiring seriously. The narrative presently is that Buhari and Emefiele are working against Nigerians, under the guise of fighting corruption. Asiwaju made the smart move of singling out himself by voicing out very early. Buhari, against his game plan, succeed in driving pity votes towards the Jagaban. LP and PDP should start removing 5% from their projected votes in the SW. SW will also have the highest voters turnout in the entire federation next week.

9. You can quote me on the 25th: There will be surplus of new notes on that day. Emefiele was speaking the truth when he said politicians and bankers sabotaged the new cash distribution. Remember he said the CBN printed enough and there shouldn't have been cash scarcity. Politicians have mopped up the new notes released by CBN. Na them go help Emefiele distribute am to the masses on election day.

10. What we now have as legal tenders: old and new #200, new #500, new #1000. Ask yourself, who mopped up the new 200, 500, 1000, notes? Buhari scored an own goal.

11. Buhari has made it easy for politicians to buy votes. Voters would be the ones to sell their votes for cash. I doubt politicians will offer up to 5k; previous election cycle, it was 10k. Law of supply and demand will take effect. Na voters go demand cash.

12. Any right thinking Nigerian will know that the APC is fighting Buhari not because they can't get money to spend on election day, but to limit Nigerians' anger against them... and it's working. Or rather, redirect their anger against the cabals come president. In fact, Asiwaju doesn't need to say anything again, Buhari has unmasked himself. With his mouth, has told Nigerians he initiated the flopped swap policy in a bid to stop *check note* Jagaban, which lead to their suffering, pain, and hunger.

13. Nigerians know who spoke for them and was on their side. Enters Jagaban. This counts for something. You can argue that Tinubu helped brought Buhari to power - but that's irrelevant. Nigerians are presently (consciously and subconsciously) fighting against an oppressor. That's all that matters. There're votes that would count as bullets to instill pain on the oppressor. Nigerians are cultured to look up to higher persons to fight their battle. This won't have worked if Obi and Atiku had spoken against the swap policy and even provided solutions to the CBN like the Jagaban did. When I said Obi just sat for Common Entrance exam in national politics, I knew what I was saying.

14. Driving the narrative that the swap was targeted against Asiwaju was/is very dull. Yes, Asiwaju was the target - that's the fact, but Nigerians aren't stupid. How can you face someone suffering the scarcity - probably who didn't get cash to feed themselves and family a night before; someone whose business is about to foldup because of bad sales the past two months; or families who lost loved ones at the hospital because of cash - how do you convince these people their predicament was because Buhari is fighting corruption; that they should vote LP; or they should endure because it's for a better whatever?

15. In this election, there are only two whales - Buhari and Tinubu. They've successfully made this election about themselves. Those people I listed in item #14 plus the people who toiled under the sun, plus the ones who almost ran mad in the banking halls, plus people who feel oppressed and cheated because they can't withdrawal their hard earned money to solve petty transactions; plus the ones protesting and burning banks across the nation; plus the unbanked who are frustrated because cash is what they've known their entire life - who do you think they will fight on election day? Who do you think they will support?

Again, politics is not a child's play. It's not about vomiting statistics like say you be Guinness Book of Records.

16. Whatever you think is irrelevant. These politicians are masters at puppeteering the masses. Only the intelligent minds without bias can see the advanced mass manipulation that's going on.

17. The scarcity will still persist but not as severe like before. The politicians will mop up 200 notes the CBN will release in circulation. Buhari's new move will only solve 30% of the problem.

If I'm Asiwaju, I will take this win and spin it as a win for the masses at the Oyo rally today. I will spin something like "it's not enough but at least it's something. don't worry when you vote for me and I become president I'll reverse the bad policy and order CBN to print and release new notes in surplus. there's fuel and light better than when I last spoke was at Ogun. vote for brooom broooooom brooooooooooom and i will make your whole" cheesy

TLDR: Asiwaju is still leading. Others are very far behind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by bender79: 11:33am On Feb 16, 2023
Abeg park well. When ASUU was on strike for 8 months where was El Rufai and co. Bunch of selfish wicked people. When it doesn't suit them they start fighting for the people, shame

4 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Ance4Liverpool: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2023
APC is loosing big time

Obi is the best man for the job
Nigerians let's vote wisely

4 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Luckylife(m): 11:43am On Feb 16, 2023
How will a sane person endorsed a dementia retired sick old man with drug allegations follow by money laundering of bullion van against a corrupt free, Energetic, sounds mind,competent Justice equity and fairness candidates like Peter Obi just in a name of politics . This democracy still need readjustment of some necessary disadvantages.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Softmirror: 11:46am On Feb 16, 2023
bender79:
Abeg park well. When ASUU was on strike for 8 months where was El Rufai and co. Bunch of selfish wicked people. When it doesn't suit them they start fighting for the people, shame

IS THIS THE FIRST TIME ASUU HAS BEEN GOING ON STRIKE?! WHY IS IT THAT MOST OF YOU CAN'T REASON REASONABLY?! ASK YOURSELF, WHY IS ASUU ALWAYS GOING ON STRIKE?! ARE THEY THEY ONLY ONE IN NIGERIA? LET THEM GO ON STRIKE AGAIN NOW.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Workch: 11:48am On Feb 16, 2023
Be like all is working for the good of obedients
Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by blabulu2000: 11:58am On Feb 16, 2023
Hopium:
The Commander-in-Chief, Mr. Buhari addressed the nation few hours ago. Here's what I've observed in this elaborate game of chess.

2. Emefiele is a puppet - just like everyone already know. Nigerians just got who he was really working for. The CBN governor answers to the president; the very reason he hasn't be sacked despite his many gaffes and flops implementing the naira swap policy.

3. Emefiele's career is over after this administration. I hope he saved enough money to battle his prosecutions.

4. While I find it hard to believe that Buhari is the only one behind the scene, the president is very bad at chess. He's very far behind in the game. Not only has he exposed himself as a weak alpha by shifting ground/retreating a couple of times while the opponent (Asiwaju and his APC goons) continued to advance, he has also showed that he's not intelligent.

5. Buhari is a corrupt man who is taking the higher moral ground. He's not a saint like he always want the gullible minds to believe. In 2019, him and Osinbajo came up with trader moni - their sophisticated form of vote buying - few months to the election. Moreover, we won't be having this problem if he was contesting for a second term. It's very stupid to think Nigerians will believe he really cared about fighting election corruption three months to the election and six months to the end of his tenure. What was he doing the last 7 years? No be the same election fraud brought him to power? Was it not under his watch that politicians accumulated cash heading to the election. A smart leader who want to implement such policies (or rather checkmate Asiwaju) would have started driving the nation towards cashless policy immediately he won the second term. He would have had enough time, it won't have hurt citizens, and he would have gotten little resistance. Buhari gave the masses as tools in the hand of his opponents on a platter.

Buhari and everyone happy to be benefiting from the scarcity are five steps behind.

6. Buhari will become irrelevant in the APC after his administration. He will lose a lot of loyalists in the North, those in his party and outside.

7. There's a very high chance he backed the APC chairman when he single-handedly picked Ahmed Lawan as the consensus candidate last year.

8. His obvious attempt at stop Asiwaju is backfiring seriously. The narrative presently is that Buhari and Emefiele are working against Nigerians, under the guise of fighting corruption. Asiwaju made the smart move of singling out himself by voicing out very early. Buhari, against his game plan, succeed in driving pity votes towards the Jagaban. LP and PDP should start removing 5% from their projected votes in the SW. SW will also have the highest voters turnout in the entire federation next week.

9. You can quote me on the 25th: There will be surplus of new notes on that day. Emefiele was speaking the truth when he said politicians and bankers sabotaged the new cash distribution. Remember he said the CBN printed enough and there shouldn't have been cash scarcity. Politicians have mopped up the new notes released by CBN. Na them go help Emefiele distribute am to the masses on election day.

10. What we now have as legal tenders: old and new #200, new #500, new #1000. Ask yourself, who mopped up the new 200, 500, 1000, notes? Buhari scored an own goal.

11. Buhari has made it easy for politicians to buy votes. Voters would be the ones to sell their votes for cash. I doubt politicians will offer up to 5k; previous election cycle, it was 10k. Law of supply and demand will take effect. Na voters go demand cash.

12. Any right thinking Nigerian will know that the APC is fighting Buhari not because they can't get money to spend on election day, but to limit Nigerians' anger against them... and it's working. Or rather, redirect their anger against the cabals come president. In fact, Asiwaju doesn't need to say anything again, Buhari has unmasked himself. With his mouth, has told Nigerians he initiated the flopped swap policy in a bid to stop *check note* Jagaban, which lead to their suffering, pain, and hunger.

13. Nigerians know who spoke for them and was on their side. Enters Jagaban. This counts for something. You can argue that Tinubu helped brought Buhari to power - but that's irrelevant. Nigerians are presently (consciously and subconsciously) fighting against an oppressor. That's all that matters. There're votes that would count as bullets to instill pain on the oppressor. Nigerians are cultured to look up to higher persons to fight their battle. This won't have worked if Obi and Atiku had spoken against the swap policy and even provided solutions to the CBN like the Jagaban did. When I said Obi just sat for Common Entrance exam in national politics, I knew what I was saying.

14. Driving the narrative that the swap was targeted against Asiwaju was/is very dull. Yes, Asiwaju was the target - that's the fact, but Nigerians aren't stupid. How can you face someone suffering the scarcity - probably who didn't get cash to feed themselves and family a night before; someone whose business is about to foldup because of bad sales the past two months; or families who lost loved ones at the hospital because of cash - how do you convince these people their predicament was because Buhari is fighting corruption; that they should vote LP; or they should endure because it's for a better whatever?

15. In this election, there are only two whales - Buhari and Tinubu. They've successfully made this election about themselves. Those people I listed in item #14 plus the people who toiled under the sun, plus the ones who almost ran mad in the banking halls, plus people who feel oppressed and cheated because they can't withdrawal their hard earned money to solve petty transactions; plus the ones protesting and burning banks across the nation; plus the unbanked who are frustrated because cash is what they've known their entire life - who do you think they will fight on election day? Who do you think they will support?

Again, politics is not a child's play. It's not about vomiting statistics like say you be Guinness Book of Records.

16. Whatever you think is irrelevant. These politicians are masters at puppeteering the masses. Only the intelligent minds without bias can see the advanced mass manipulation that's going on.

17. The scarcity will still persist but not as severe like before. The politicians will mop up 200 notes the CBN will release in circulation. Buhari's new move will only solve 30% of the problem.

If I'm Asiwaju, I will take this win and spin it as a win for the masses at the Oyo rally today. I will spin something like "it's not enough but at least it's something. don't worry when you vote for me and I become president I'll reverse the bad policy and order CBN to print and release new notes in surplus. there's fuel and light better than when I last spoke was at Ogun. vote for brooom broooooom brooooooooooom and i will make your whole" cheesy

Omo,
This guy copied part of my comments I posted sometime ago ...but the one wey shock.me pass is the comments he made that Buhari has been. made this election more monetized by hoarding cash...

Ha....tell someone who is hungry and politician offers him 2k to settle himself......or 2k alert...for vote or for PVC...he will drop the PVC without any recourse....hunger no know political party...

Hunger and solution to hunger is another strategy for this election....let Bihari keep hoarding naira...

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 16, 2023
These meennnnn

Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Racoon(m): 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
Urchins and miscreants sefia painment just getting loading. May this disaster never have anything to do with Nigeria.

cc: Sarrki, Afamed, Ihordspy, Seunmsg, Eriggs,NLpoliceman, , NgeneUkwenu

Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Hopium: 12:04pm On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:

Omo,
This guy copied part of my comments I posted sometime ago ...but the one wey shock.me pass is the comments he made that Buhari has been. made this election more monetized by hoarding cash...

Ha....tell someone who is hungry and politician offers him 2k to settle himself......or 2k alert...for vote or for PVC...he will drop the PVC without any recourse....hunger no know political party...

Hunger and solution to hunger is another strategy for this election....let Bihari keep hoarding naira...

cheesy I didn't copy you bros. It's the right way to think for every sensible Nigerian. Even their class captain Rinu has thought of the same.

Na voters to beg to sell their votes for 5k on election day. Naira don become dollar for our obodo Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
You claim Asiwaju is leading and you are. lamenting, you should be happy, if you are not lying to yourself
Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by Proudlyomonna: 12:10pm On Feb 16, 2023
grin grin grin grin someone should take this long nonsense to comedy section na abi una no dey see sey this long nonsense miss road waka enter Politics section grin grin grin.
No hustling Nigerian wants anything to do with this bastard demonic APC disaster and hardship pro max again, only criminals, kidnappers and politifcians fit enjoy from this APC calamity.
Sensible Nigerians understand that the only reason we have this money wahala is bcus of the sick shaky desperate old drug addict tinubu with his bullion van madness,that stunt pass bubu anti Corruption mantra grin grin grin.
Nigerians have suffered greatly already by the hands of the same tinubu's APC calamity, holding on for a while to tackle Tinubu's bullion van madness is not too much to take.
APC MUST GO FOR THEY ARE THE GREATEST DISASTER TO HIT THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Who Is Losing? Who Is Winning? by famology(m): 12:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
Hopium:

You're absolutely correct

(1) (Reply)

Vp’s Mum, Mama Osinbajo Marks 90 At Joyous Worship Service In Lagos / Shettima Is Man Of The Match. / I've Prepared My Victory Song Playlists For Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.