Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,879 members, 7,883,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. (755 Views)

Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy / Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President / Atiku Pays US Lobbyists $30,000 To Unseatt Buahri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Workch: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2023
I am just leaving the bank to deposit some old cash that I have, I was told that commercial banks are not longer collecting the old 500 and 1000naira notes that I have deposit them at any CBN state branch.
Firstly, I will have to fill a form on CBN portal, then I will receive a code, it is with that code that I will proceed to CBN branch to deposit the cash.

There's a money laundering act already that says that an individual cannot have cash more 5million naira and company shouldn't keep cash of more than 10 million. How will I explain to CBN that I have such huge cash with me?

I have about 10million cash to deposit and this is what my account officer said. He also said that I can be arrested by EFCC is they see me with such cash.

This means that every criminal, looter and kidnapper with such cash cannot go to The CBN if they cannot explain the source of that money.

It has also crippled every the plan of rigging election because those old notes will not be collected by commercial banks.

Nobody will proceed to CBN office to deposit looted money. The cash will eventually become useless. They should have done that before now.

I am going to CBN tomorrow to deposit half of it first BTW.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2023
Baba Buhari is smart and hates corruption

2 Likes

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by lazynairalander1: 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2023
Yesterday a guy was telling me he would not mind collecting cash from those who stock it and deposit into his account then in return he would transfer back to them.

I laughed the werey, mumu wan clean money and his ignorant of the law.
This is what the politicians are fighting all of them both the silent and the outspoken ones. All of them didn't see this coming and they have cash stocked for time like this.
Buhari did them dirty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Workch: 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
lazynairalander1:
Yesterday a guy was telling me he would not mind collecting cash from those who stock it and deposit into his account then in return he would transfer back to them.

I laughed the werey, mumu wan clean money and his ignorant of the law.
This is what the politicians are fighting all of them both the silent and the outspoken ones. All of them didn't see this coming and they have cash stocked for time like this.
Buhari did them dirty.
as in eh, I didn't even know about this CBN thing.

Nobody wey no fit explain how him get the money go near CBN office
Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Ezeama400: 4:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
Workch:
I am just leaving the bank to deposit some old cash that I have, I was told that commercial banks are not longer collecting the old 500 and 1000naira notes that I have deposit them at any CBN state branch.
Firstly, I will have to fill a form on CBN portal, then I will receive a code, it is with that code that I will proceed to CBN branch to deposit the cash.

There's a money laundering act already that says that an individual cannot have cash more 5million naira and company shouldn't keep cash of more than 10 million. How will I explain to CBN that I have such huge cash with me?

I have about 10million cash to deposit and this is what my account officer said. He also said that I can be arrested by EFCC is they see me with such cash.

This means that every criminal, looter and kidnapper with such cash cannot go to The CBN if they cannot explain the source of that money.

It has also crippled every the plan of rigging election because those old notes will not be collected by commercial banks.

Nobody will proceed to CBN office to deposit looted money. The cash will eventually become useless. They should have done that before now.

I am going to CBN tomorrow to deposit half of it first BTW.

I heard that CBN also has a deadline for the collection of old notes as well, which will happen before the election..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by NEUDUDE: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
And this is why they have been running helter skelter up and down with their asses on fire from one supreme court to the other

Masses kill them there. Their stockpiled is about to be useless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by lazynairalander1: 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
Workch:
as in eh, I didn't even know about this CBN thing.

Nobody wey no fit explain how him get the money go near CBN office

Exactly, this is where bubu checkmate everyone.
When CBN said it will reduce kidnapping people thought it was a joke, "how can colored currency stop kidnapping"
But we are at that junction, kidnappers can't spend, can't deposit, politicians can't spend, can't deposit, can't clean it either.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Workch: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ezeama400:

I heard that CBN also has a deadline for the collection of old notes as well, which will happen before the election..
Even me sef, I don't know how I am going to explain to them tomorrow now that I still have 5million in cash.

I go just speak Oyinbo there
Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Ezeama400: 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2023
Workch:
Even me sef, I don't know how I am going to explain to them tomorrow now that I still have 5million in cash.

I go just speak Oyinbo there

What kept you so long to leave such amount at home ?

Even keeping more than 100k is not advisable especially now things are not certain, let alone 5 million...
Go and answer their queries if the money is clean ..
Mind you, going to CBN is a very long process

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by DSC7: 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
Don't forget you can only use your BVN once to deposit cheesy grin....

You can't deposit twice 😂😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by chiefolododo(m): 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
DSC7:

Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
Isn't this why they open accounts for almajiris?
The politicians won't suffer from this policy, we are the ones on the receiving end
Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Workch: 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
DSC7:

oh shit
Re: See How Buahri Outsmarted Corrupt Politicians With The New Cash Policy. by Workch: 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
Olasyke:
Isn't this why they open accounts for almajiris?
The politicians won't suffer from this policy, we are the ones on the receiving end
what are you saying?

(1) (Reply)

Day 1: Lockdown Across Biafraland All The Updates / Obi Is Not Winning This Presidential Election / Inec Is Uploading Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.