Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,476 members, 7,901,332 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:39 AM

Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala (531 Views)

Soludo Flags-off Anambra Drainage Desilting Campaign At Onitsha / Soludo Flags Off Construction Of Ekwulobia Flyover And Bus Terminal / Soludo Flags Off New Road Constructions In Awka, Abagana And Obosi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by SReporters: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, Governor of Anambra State, has flagged off and inspected two ongoing road construction projects in Okija, Ihiala Local Government Council, today.

The two road projects being carried out are; 4.26km Savimovo-Umuofor-Nkwor-Umuhu-Obahu-Okija Road (Lot 1) being handled by Engr. Onyemelukwe of Rogel Nigeria Ltd and 4.3km Savinovo-Umuofor-Bright Street-Nkwo-Umuhu-Ubahuezike road (Lot 2) by N.F. Jadoon of Hammakop Consortium Ltd.

Governor Soludo stated that the flag-off and road inspection are to fulfill a promise he made during the previous Anambra Gubernatorial Campaign.

According to Soludo, the Deputy Speaker of the Anambra State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Paschal Agbodike, came to his house in Isuofia and begged him to fix the roads, but he refused because he wasn't ready to make any commitment at the time.

"When I paid Dozzy oil a courtesy visit at Onitsha, he also informed me of this road and I ignored his plea.

"It is true that I am a politician but I want to make Heaven when I die because I don't make promises that I can't keep.

"But when I saw the video of this road, how flood was terrorizing the people, I was haunted and promised that when I become Governor, I will fix the roads," Soludo said.

"When I became Governor, I learnt for over 30 years that Okija don't have a unified government. We declared an interim administration to have an interim President-General.

"We charged them with bringing security and a unified constitution, and gave them a year to complete the task. And ever since then, they have been working assiduously with the State government to achieve this and I can say Okija is better than before in terms of security.

"We have decided that Okija and Ihiala will be safe and secure. Ihiala can become a state because it meets all of the requirements. There are many wealthy people in Ihiala.

"Returning peace and security to Ihiala is a top priority.

"We came for inspection, and what I saw impressed me. I have directed the contractors to work as quickly as possible so that our people's suffering is kept to a bare minimum "Soludo stated.

The Governor revealed that APGA won 18 of the 20 wards in Ihiala. He also stated that elections were not held in the remaining two wards, urging residents to vote for APGA candidates in the upcoming election.

Earlier, the Governor was welcomed to the Ihiala by the TC Chairman, Hon. Kingsley Obi. He praised him for all of the road construction projects he is undertaking in the state. He lauded the Governor for being the first Anambra Governor to build the state's longest stretch of road and expressed gratitude to Soludo for remembering Ihiala.

Rt. Hon. Pascal Agbodike, Deputy Speaker of the Anambra State House of Assembly, welcomed the Governor to his constituency. He stated that the people are honored to receive the Governor, particularly for the road flag-off he is performing today. He remembered pleading with the Governor to fix the road, and now he's following through on his promise. He urged the people to support APGA candidates.

Chief Chido Obidiegwu, MD ABS, welcomed the Governor to Okija. He reminded the people that the Governor made a promise to the people of Ihiala, and that today he has come to fulfill that promise by kicking off the road construction. He charged them with voting for all APGA candidates in Ihiala.

Prof. Theresa Udeh, the Commissioner for Education and an Okija native, said the Governor is an Action Governor who does what he says he will do. She reminded them that in his first nine months in office, he recruited 5000 teachers and promised to hire an additional 2000, a feat never before accomplished in the state.

She described Soludo as a Solution Governor and praised him for the road construction he has come to inaugurate today. She advised Ihiala residents to vote for APGA candidates.

Chief Akachukwu Nwankpo, a former Anambra Governorship candidate, welcomed Soludo to Okija. He charged the people with supporting the Governor because he is doing what they elected him to do.

Barr. Jude Ngobili, APGA Candidate for Ihiala 1 Constituency Anambra House of Assembly, admitted he is impressed with how the Governor pays contractors 50% down payment for every road construction project he embarks on. He requests that the people vote for all APGA candidates from the Senate to the House of Assembly.

Hon. Golden Iloh, APGA Candidate for Anambra State House of Assembly, Ihiala 2 Constituency, assured the Governor of the people's support. He informed the Governor that some PDP members want to defect to APGA today because they have seen the light.

Hon. Chris Azubogu, APGA Candidate for Anambara South Senatorial Zone, told the people of Ihiala that the Governor is doing well. He promised that if he was elected to the Senate, he would work with the Governor to complete more projects that would benefit the people.

Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Matters, Alex Obiogbolu, Special Adviser to the Governor on Youths Development, Dr. Nelson Omenugha, Chief of Protocol, Mr Chinedu Nwoye Glamour amongst others attended the event.

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/02/16/soludo-flags-off-4-26km-savimovo-umuofor-nkwor-umuhu-obahu-okija-road-and-4-3km-savinovo-umuofor-bright-street-nkwo-umuhu-ubahuezike-road-in-ihiala/

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by SReporters: 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
More photos

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by SReporters: 6:58pm On Feb 16, 2023
Pix

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by Coolsperm: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ok nice, but Tinubu is too old to be a president

1 Like

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by yarimo(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2023
NGEGI, OBIANO and now SOLUDO are the best thing to happens to Anambra state as governor

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by Mrkumareze(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2023
Soludo is starting well in road construction, I hope he keep to it, both in standard and upright

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by Karemarealty288(m): 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
Why is Soludo always starting road construction with fanfares, yet we haven't seen any one completed.........Dave Umahi would have been declaring of public holidays with all those his magnificent projects naaa.. grin this is clear example of nzogbu nzogbu road construction grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by Sammy07: 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2023
Future Nigeria President

1 Like

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by raumdeuter: 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2023
Sammy07:
Future Nigeria President

I hope so. I hope he moves to a better party though

Soludo will succeed

1 Like

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by Sammy07: 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
raumdeuter:

I hope so. I hope he moves to a better party though

Soludo will succeed

Yeah, 100%

1 Like

Re: Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala by Sammy07: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Igbos love titles though

(1) (Reply)

Elrufai Not Bothered About MILLIONS Of IDPs In Kaduna State - SOKAPU / Will The High Figure Of Uncollected Pvcs In Southwest Affect Tinubu's Chances? / Re: Afenifere Youth Wing Endorsement. Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.