Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,343 members, 7,881,263 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:31 PM

Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! (761 Views)

Old Naira Notes Still Remain Legal Tender In Jigawa – Gov Badaru Dares Buhari / Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by yemex04(m): 8:26am On Feb 17, 2023
As at this morning here in Ota Ogun State, people still transact largely with old 1,000 & 500 Naira Notes despite it being banned by a Presidential address yesterday..

How is the Situation in your area?
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by babyfaceafrica: 8:27am On Feb 17, 2023
Nice one, the Supreme Court decision is final

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Ireportlive: 8:27am On Feb 17, 2023
Which way Ibadan.. which way
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by derecho(m): 8:31am On Feb 17, 2023
If you still have old notes go to those places and spend them.

Don't collect any old note during election o.
Because these APC governors want to scam you.

Meanwhile, if your old notes can fill a room, visit any of the following banks below

2 Likes

Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by yemex04(m): 8:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Peole can still redeem the old Notes till April 10 at the CBN branches.. the implication of this is vote would still be bought in old Notes & gets redeemed at CBN🤔
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by zealousayo(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Ireportlive:
People are no longer collecting here in Ibadan (Iyana Church).
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Hoelujohn: 8:38am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:
As at this morning here in Ota Ogun State, people still transact largely with old 1,000 & 500 Naira Notes despite it being banned by a Presidential address yesterday..

How is the Situation in your area?
Where for Ota? Dey play . I am at winners axis
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Legitimate: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2023
The best way to prevent vote buying is for Buhari to instruct EFCC, Army and the security agencies to arrest anyone holding and sharing cash anywhere near the polling units. They should also ceize the money. That's all.
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Hoelujohn: 8:42am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:
Peole can still redeem the old Notes till April 10 at the CBN branches.. the implication of this is vote would still be bought in old Notes & gets redeemed at CBN🤔
From my place to CBN it will cost like 4k for transportation. Ontop how much?
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Ireportlive: 8:43am On Feb 17, 2023
zealousayo:

People are no longer collecting here in Ibadan (Iyana Church).

Same here in New Gbagi
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Zionmdde: 8:49am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:
That's all the hopes ur evil candidate has to win election abi? Please can they deploy you to SS or SE to but votes on that day? I want to check something
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Period007(m): 8:50am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:

You better be wise and spend your old notes quickly, as long as deposit money banks are no longer collecting it,it is no longer a legal tender.

If you see the crowd at CBN kano today, you go know say jungle don mature

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Olaoluwa122: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2023
Ireportlive:

Same here in New Gbagi
Na lie...people are no more collecting it here Agodi Gate ibadan!!!!
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Olaoluwa122: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2023
Period007:

You better be wise and spend your old notes quickly, as long as deposit money banks are no longer collecting it,it is no longer a legal tender.

If you see the crowd at CBN kano today, you go know say jungle don mature
You dey mind them??
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by kcnwaigbo: 8:56am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:
Lol N500 and N1000 notes cannot be redeemed after today. only the N200 notes can be redeemed after April 10

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Ireportlive: 8:56am On Feb 17, 2023
Olaoluwa122:

I am saying they are not collecting it.. read what I responded to
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by kcnwaigbo: 8:57am On Feb 17, 2023
Olaoluwa122:
Some people will still be collecting even by next year.But the commercial banks and the CBN will no longer be collecting them

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by yemex04(m): 8:58am On Feb 17, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Lol N500 and N1000 notes cannot be redeemed after today. only the N200 notes can be redeemed after April 10

Read the presidential address very well bro. #500 & #1000 notes will still be redeemable till April 10th but they only seize to be legal Tender.. The February 17th was CBN directives before Presidential address
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by yemex04(m): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2023
Zionmdde:

That's all the hopes ur evil candidate has to win election abi? Please can they deploy you to SS or SE to but votes on that day? I want to check something

Listen, my Candidates will win without even buying Votes..I am just telling you the dummy u were sold with may have been lies just to appeal your emotions.. 25th is here, may God spare our Lives
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Fawazzz: 9:05am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari is leaving may 29.
Worse case,whoever wins will reverse and allow deposit if old money.
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Zionmdde: 9:10am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:

Listen, my Candidates will win without even buying Votes..I am just telling you the dummy u were sold with may have been lies just to appeal your emotions.. 25th is here, may God spare our Lives
So why are you all crying blood na. Allow tilumbu to win without vote buying. Wicked things
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by BossGerald: 9:13am On Feb 17, 2023
Ireportlive:

Enjoy sai baba and don't you dare complain
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Quintopia: 9:13am On Feb 17, 2023
Legitimate:
The best way to prevent vote buying is for Buhari to instruct EFCC, Army and the security agencies to arrest anyone holding and sharing cash anywhere near the polling units. They should also ceize the money. That's all.

Bro there are over 7,000 polling units nationwide. How are they gonna find all the safe-houses where the stash is kept? Even party insiders don't know all the safe-houses. Only a tiny few at the very top of the pile know where it's all kept, and they're 'untouchable'.
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by yemex04(m): 9:17am On Feb 17, 2023
Zionmdde:

So why are you all crying blood na. Allow tilumbu to win without vote buying. Wicked things

You are the one wailing now,but get like 10 Drums ready o because after 25th you will need them fetch your Tears when the reality would have dawned on you.
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by Zionmdde: 9:20am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:

You are the one wailing now,but get like 10 Drums ready o because after 25th you will need them fetch your Tears when the reality would have dawned on you.
Apc leadership will favoured me this last 4 years, their win will continue to favour me. Am more afraid of Obi winning when it comes to personal gains but let the one who has the interest of the country more win.

Hope ur agbero work will not be affected if tinubu loses
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by chineesfx21728: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2023
It better be oh... People are really suffering. But brothers and sisters I apologise for the inconveniences I might be causing here... Please I need help to feed especially no amount is too small... Even if na N100 u fit transfer for my account it will be much appreciated guys. Thanks for ur time!

0106720542 Access Bank
Chijioke
Re: Old Notes Still In Use In Ota! by yemex04(m): 9:58am On Feb 17, 2023
Zionmdde:

Apc leadership will favoured me this last 4 years, their win will continue to favour me. Am more afraid of Obi winning when it comes to personal gains but let the one who has the interest of the country more win.

Hope ur agbero work will not be affected if tinubu loses

Let me know when you wake up from your sleep.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To His Excellency Gov Nyesom Wike. / As I Win Kastina My Mind Is At Rest Reaction As Atiku Said I Win Kastina I Have / Pastor Enenche Sermon About God, Obidients And Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.