Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes (37852 Views)

New Naira: Angry Protesters Destroy Banks In Benin City, Edo State (photos) / A Man Shot In Abeokuta, Others Injured As Customers Destroy Banks (Graphic Video / BREAKING: Ganduje Vows To Sue Wike Over Alleged Demolition Of Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Cantonese: 5:11am On Feb 18, 2023
And the dollars in his babanriga will be used to rebuild the bank. Dem no born am well, except im account no get shishi inside. Nonsense APC governor.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by IfnobeGod20: 5:36am On Feb 18, 2023
OBJ fit these governors bill. If it were him, only few of them will survive the onslaught. I trust the only Ebora of Owu. The master of vawulence.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by CoolAmbience(m): 5:36am On Feb 18, 2023
habsydiamond:
Make he destroy them now but make he start with the cbn that gives those banks directives

Ganduje is just a fool.

He won't tolerate disobedience from banks, but can disobey the President.

No be craze dey worry am?

This naira redesign policy dey really give him, El Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Tinubu etc, sleepless nights...

Make e pain dem well well.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by ibechris(m): 5:43am On Feb 18, 2023
This man has really stolen too much for him to be concerned.

Elrufai has not stop talking chai.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Okpeke22: 6:37am On Feb 18, 2023
I don't know how Ganduje is going to destroy a bank that doesn't heed his order. To me, the much he can do is revoke the bank's C of O but then that will hurt the economy of Kano State deeply. The consequences is better imagined than felt.

If by destroy.he means pulling down the building of the bank, then he should expect the bank to sue his govt and claim damages that will run into billions of naira. Van the state afford that?

This is a matter that must be handled with tact and wisdom, the banks in Kano don't regulate themselves, the CBN does. He and other fire spitting governors should find a way to resolve the matter amicably.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Mrmb: 6:47am On Feb 18, 2023
inoki247:
Lol e be something....

Nigeria is on a cruise level like this we no know Which side we go follow....

Buh na CBN he suppose destroy no be dem dey dish out directives....

The proper thing should be the banks collecting the notes and depositing them at the CBN not the people trooping to a single CBN branch, it makes no sense. With this threat, the banks will do the right thing and ease will return to the people
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Mrmb: 6:48am On Feb 18, 2023
MadeInTokyo:
[b]Make he try am first[
Make dem declare state of emergency for kano state
/b]

Who wan declare the state of emergency?

Ganduje is Kano's number one citizen, nobody other than him has the right to declare such...
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by muchyblink(m): 7:04am On Feb 18, 2023
Ganduje us mad for a reason.
Look beyond this and see the reason behind his desperation. Because of him, Nigerians are suffering. He is the cause of what is happening. Qed
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by DaSailor: 7:33am On Feb 18, 2023
funshint:

God forbid....you people's evil plan will not happen.

I'm no FAN of the military, but this looks like 1985. I wonder why he would still be junketting atvthis critical time.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by backtovillage: 7:38am On Feb 18, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

The new note they have is infinitesimal compared to what they can't ant to do with it.

You don't get the story, the amount of old notes in their custody is more than the total nee notes in circulation. That's why they are going Gaga.

These are same people who kept mute when Buhari was disobeying court order since his first term. When Buhari nosedived economic indicators they all kept mute, when students were sent back home they all kept mute, when terror was the order of the day they kept mute. Buhari just did same thing he has been doing since 2015 they are now shouting because they are affected as well

No one should be deceived by these folks in power, my heart goes to the ordinary Nigerians caught in the shout out between the thieves in high places of authority.
My brother stop thinking like Obidients.
Old note can still be used for vote buying c'mon. As far as CBN is still changing it you can use it but its value now is -100.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by telleyway: 7:45am On Feb 18, 2023
IpobAntidote:
All the States together are stronger than any mumu CBN Governor or even the Federal might. All States make theor stance clear and unequivocal, they are stronger together than the olodo semi educated dumb ass worst CBN Governor ever. Revoke all their C of Os. Since they have refused to follow the Supreme court ruling then they are violating the laws of the land.
Especially the major States that constitute the economic backbone of the country- Lagos, Ogun, Rivers and Kano.

This is really what they called "one blow, seven dies" you are here spewing trash all because of your support for the useless corrupt politicians that doesn't even know you exist.
Where was Gandollar during coronavirus lockdown? How many people received palliative from him?
Maybe if you are not following him, he was emphatic that Buhari should have waited until after elections. Do you think he cares about the masses? Then you must be joking.
I bet you he dare not go against any bank, that will crumble the country and you know what, the same people he's using as bait will turn against him.
Again, he doesn't want to obey Buhari but wants banks and other living in Kano to obey him? Politicians are really comedians
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Solababa91(m): 8:05am On Feb 18, 2023
Make the banks kuku close their branches, make we see who go suffer. How can you threaten or coerce them to collect money that their regulator has oedered them not to collect?
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Solababa91(m): 8:07am On Feb 18, 2023
Ask Fayose who did
Mrmb:

Who wan declare the state of emergency?

Ganduje is Kano's number one citizen, nobody other than him has the right to declare such...
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by press9jatv: 8:09am On Feb 18, 2023
Gandollar ti lule piii piiii
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Solababa91(m): 8:12am On Feb 18, 2023
Their are in for a futile exercise, who is to enforce Supreme court order? Governors?Them go soon tire, I pity any youth that would be allowed to be used for cause riot, then go take am do scape goat. The Governor seats in the comfort of his house or office enjoying immunity and instigating other people's children to cause anarchy.
IpobAntidote:
All the States together are stronger than any mumu CBN Governor or even the Federal might. All States make theor stance clear and unequivocal, they are stronger together than the olodo semi educated dumb ass worst CBN Governor ever. Revoke all their C of Os. Since they have refused to follow the Supreme court ruling then they are violating the laws of the land.
Especially the major States that constitute the economic backbone of the country- Lagos, Ogun, Rivers and Kano.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by habsydiamond(m): 10:18am On Feb 18, 2023
CoolAmbience:

Ganduje is just a fool.

He won't tolerate disobedience from banks, but can disobey the President.

No be craze dey worry am?

This naira redesign policy dey really give him, El Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Tinubu etc, sleepless nights...

Make e pain dem well well.

you have said it all... thats the only strategy they have for the coming election. Buying of votes is their specialty
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Safyqueen: 11:27am On Feb 18, 2023
Ogunleti01:
why crying more than the bereaved Gandollar! panic don catch the old man! May be Buba Galadima allegation of a NW governor stocking 22billion naira is correct

But Buhari's last broadcast data indicates otherwise. Almost all that was on circulation had been retrieved by the CBN. So where is the stocking they are talking about? They were saying some are in soak-aways.

They are just punishing the citizens unjustly and it will hit APC being the ruling party more because opposition will use it against them.
That's why their governors cry more because everything is politics.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2023
backtovillage:

My brother stop thinking like Obidients.
Old note can still be used for vote buying c'mon. As far as CBN is still changing it you can use it but its value now is -100.

How do obidients think? Why not assert yourself and jettison the subtle ridicle.

I must say I did rather think like Obi(obidients) than any of the other candidates if that's where your ridicle is headed.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Awesome01(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2023
One way or another, wether by peace or force, by referendum or revolution, Nigeria will be delivered from its enemies by God's grace.

If these fights and confusion between politicians of some major parties will move Nigeria to be great again. I support it. Amen to that.

Very soon, we may actually get regionalism coming into place in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by callthefred: 6:50am On Feb 19, 2023
Bitchiamjay:

Which stupid Supreme Court ruling? El Rufai has never obeyed court order, so why is he wailing and persuading Buhari to obey same? When Buhari disobeyed court orders to release Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu, where was this energy? Now they are hiding under the mask of “suffering and frustrated masses” because of their selfish ambitions. If we can suffer for almost 8 years under the claws of APC and still survive, what is 8 days? If this new policy will stop vote buying, we are 101% behind Buhari.
In this life always stand for what is right even if it doesn't offer any benefit. Every evil you support will one day hunt you either directly or indirectly.

What is right is to first obey the order of the court. I have never heard that El Rufai refused a Supreme court judgment. Stop spreading lies abeg. The constitution is very clear enough...all orders of the Supreme court must be obeyed by all authorities.

The fact that they have allowed Buhari have his way in 7 1/2 years all in the name of party nonsense doesn't mean they also cannot exercise their rights. Even AG hasn't said anything but you who knows nothing about the law are here ranting. This is why knowledge is power!
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Bitchiamjay(m): 7:23am On Feb 19, 2023
callthefred:

What is right is to first obey the order of the court. I have never heard that El Rufai refused a Supreme court judgment. Stop spreading lies abeg. The constitution is very clear enough...all orders of the Supreme court must be obeyed by all authorities.

The fact that they have allowed Buhari have his way in 7 1/2 years all in the name of party nonsense doesn't mean they also cannot exercise their rights. Even AG hasn't said anything but you who knows nothing about the law are here ranting. This is why knowledge is power!

This will be the last reply you’ll get from me on this issue.

1) I never said El Rufai disobeyed “Supreme Court” order, I said El Rufai doesn’t obey “court orders”.

2) I’m a lawyer so I’m in better position to tell you that the Supreme Court lacks Jurisdiction to entertain Currency management and fiscal policies. They are on the exclusive list, and are literally the constitutional functions of the Central bank of Nigeria.

3) The Supreme Court lost their respect long time ago. Isn’t it obvious why Supreme Court granted such injunction?

4) you’re sílly and you don’t have sénse.

Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by callthefred: 9:19am On Feb 19, 2023
Bitchiamjay:

This will be the last reply you’ll get from me on this issue.

1) I never said El Rufai disobeyed “Supreme Court” order, I said El Rufai doesn’t obey “court orders”.

2) I’m a lawyer so I’m in better position to tell you that the Supreme Court lacks Jurisdiction to entertain Currency management and fiscal policies. They are on the exclusive list, and are literally the constitutional functions of the Central bank of Nigeria.

3) The Supreme Court lost their respect long time ago. Isn’t it obvious why Supreme Court granted such injunction?

4) you’re sílly and you don’t have sénse.

You're either a charge and bail lawyer or a quack. If indeed you're a lawyer as you claimed, you ought to know that the court would eventually decide if it does or doesn't have jurisdiction. But for now the ruling simply says let status quo remain. CVG

It is stupid to claim to know all when you know absolutely nothing. The lawyers need to argue their cases and the court will decide. Democracy works based on separation of powers!

P.S. I am a lawyer too and I handle election petition.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Bitchiamjay(m): 10:37am On Feb 19, 2023
callthefred:

You're either a charge and bail lawyer or a quack. If indeed you're a lawyer as you claimed, you ought to know that the court would eventually decide if it does or doesn't have jurisdiction. But for now the ruling simply says let status quo remain. CVG

It is stupid to claim to know all when you know absolutely nothing. The lawyers need to argue their cases and the court will decide. Democracy works based on separation of powers!

P.S. I am a lawyer too and I handle election petition.

Are you for real right now?
The law states that when a court assumes jurisdiction over any matter over which it does not have original jurisdiction, any proceedings - no matter how exquisitely conducted- of that court, will be a nullity and void. Now what is “void” in law? It means it does not need and can never attract the validation of any court. Because, Nemo Dat Quo Non Habet - you can not give what you don't have. You cannot put something on nothing and expect it to stand, it will surely crumble. In this matter, The apex court lacks jurisdiction, which makes every proceeding of its To be an exercise of in political wilderness, not a judicial one, because it can never have any judicial potence with which to bind any one in this country. The Supreme Court Justices know this very well. The Federal High Court judges who ordinarily should have jurisdiction over this matter are also perplexed, seeing the apex court usurping their exclusive areas of adjudication.

Charge and bail lawyer? Lmfao I rest my case.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by callthefred: 12:01am On Feb 20, 2023
Bitchiamjay:

Are you for real right now?
The law states that when a court assumes jurisdiction over any matter over which it does not have original jurisdiction, any proceedings - no matter how exquisitely conducted- of that court, will be a nullity and void. Now what is “void” in law? It means it does not need and can never attract the validation of any court. Because, Nemo Dat Quo Non Habet - you can not give what you don't have. You cannot put something on nothing and expect it to stand, it will surely crumble. In this matter, The apex court lacks jurisdiction, which makes every proceeding of its To be an exercise of in political wilderness, not a judicial one, because it can never have any judicial potence with which to bind any one in this country. The Supreme Court Justices know this very well. The Federal High Court judges who ordinarily should have jurisdiction over this matter are also perplexed, seeing the apex court usurping their exclusive areas of adjudication.

Charge and bail lawyer? Lmfao I rest my case.

You know too well that if the court lacks jurisdiction the court will rule to that effect right?. Now we have two major issues you're been sentimental about here...

1. The CBN act as amended clearly states that you can deposit your old notes at any time. Not within 20 days or 20 years.

2. The court hasn't given a judgement but rather a ruling that the status quo be maintained so all parties that want to join can present their arguments.

There's a reason the construction says only all orders of the Supreme court must be obeyed by all authorities and it never gave the President such powers. At least the foolish HellRufai did the best thing by approaching the court.

Try that nonsense Buhari did in America and see if you won't be served notice of impeachment already by now.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vows To Destroy Banks Refusing Old Naira Notes by Bitchiamjay(m): 1:21am On Feb 20, 2023
callthefred:

You know too well that if the court lacks jurisdiction the court will rule to that effect right?. Now we have two major issues you're been sentimental about here...

1. The CBN act as amended clearly states that you can deposit your old notes at any time. Not within 20 days or 20 years.

2. The court hasn't given a judgement but rather a ruling that the status quo be maintained so all parties that want to join can present their arguments.

There's a reason the construction says only all orders of the Supreme court must be obeyed by all authorities and it never gave the President such powers. At least the foolish HellRufai did the best thing by approaching the court.

Try that nonsense Buhari did in America and see if you won't be served notice of impeachment already by now.

Lmfao God abeg oo! 😭

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets New Service Chiefs For The First Time / VP Osinbajo Pictured With Gov. Yahaya Bello Earlier Today At Okenne Kogi State / Buhari Withdraws Ibeto From Ministerial List - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.