Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,342 members, 7,881,258 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package (798 Views)

Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage / Nigerian Lady Finds Lover After 3 Kids As Boyfriend Kneels Down To Propose (pic) / Most Nigerian Guys Are Afraid Of Dating Celestial Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by Truthsoldier(m): 11:28am On Feb 18, 2023
I have come to see this mostly amongst the poor folks in this country that they mostly come to have the mentality that their kids are their retirement package.

How do I mean?

I have seen how many individuals especially from the poor class having numerous kids which they hardly fend for or send to school sending some of them to hawk in the streets,drop from school or go and be an apprentice in a rich man's shop or business in the city.

If you're the eldest in that family and you have offsprings behind you,you will have a lot to pass through, if eventually you have a fair paying job,all these ones will hang on your neck to finish you.

I am not saying that it is bad to help one's family but I have come to realise that this has been one reason many persons from poor families find it hard to rise,because their parents see them as retirement package for them unlike the rich ones whom gave a footing to their kids to help them succeed in life.

©Truthsoldier

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by God1000(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2023
You are absolutely right

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by Urchin1: 11:50am On Feb 18, 2023
WINwin79:
Good morning ladies and gentleman men

I have a good and well trusted source that provides me sure 2 odds daily, And the games are 100% guarantee winnings.

Though the games are just 2 odds, but it haven’t fails me before and the winning are still counting and going on.

This is why i have decided to come here and share to the people who have been battling with sport betting and losing their money.

Contact me

+234 705 111 3147
Only 2 odds? sad

I have 200 sure odds

Contact me
Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by scrolldown88: 11:54am On Feb 18, 2023
100% true.
Sadly we are not ready to talk about this.

The whole child bearing thing is one big selfish exercise by parents. No body wants to have a child for the benefit of the said child. It's always a selfish reason.

The worst of it is people who selfishly have kids without plan of giving them a better life. These kids will now grow up struggling through life and still expected to fend for their parents, and siblings, like they asked to be born into this mess in the first place.

I'm of the opinion that if it was possible to consult kids before giving birth to them, there'll be far less that 7 billion people in the world....especially when the facts and reality they'd come to live is considered.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by otipoju(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2023
It is because the society itself has no real retirement system in place to cater for elderly ones. It's also one of the reasons why corruption is rife on Nigeria and people steal humongous amounts of money. It's not just greed but fear of the unknown future.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by Robertgreene1(m): 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2023
Blacks are animals in human form

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by Nazgul: 3:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
Would you blame them, after spending over 30 years in the civil service, the little pension they're expecting would be looted by greedy government officials.

So the best means of survival they can hope for is the success of their children whom they spent their entire lives investing on.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by DONFRANSKID(m): 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2023
100% correct
Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by faceLAGOS: 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2023
I’ve made up my mind never to take care of my parents in their old age.

IDC!!

I was not asked to be born in the first place.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by Truthsoldier(m): 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2023
faceLAGOS:
I’ve made up my mind never to take care of my parents in their old age.

IDC!!

I was not asked to be born in the first place.
You're joking right?
Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by Truthsoldier(m): 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2023
Robertgreene1:
Blacks are animals in human form
Are you black?
just asking bro
Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by faceLAGOS: 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2023
Truthsoldier:
You're joking right?

No.

I’m not.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents See Their Kids As Retirement Package by Qatar2022: 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
Truthsoldier:

I have come to see this mostly amongst the poor folks in this country that they mostly come to have the mentality that their kids are their retirement package.

How do I mean?

I have seen how many individuals especially from the poor class having numerous kids which they hardly fend for or send to school sending some of them to hawk in the streets,drop from school or go and be an apprentice in a rich man's shop or business in the city.

If you're the eldest in that family and you have offsprings behind you,you will have a lot to pass through, if eventually you have a fair paying job,all these ones will hang on your neck to finish you.

I am not saying that it is bad to help one's family but I have come to realise that this has been one reason many persons from poor families find it hard to rise,because their parents see them as retirement package for them unlike the rich ones whom gave a footing to their kids to help them succeed in life.

©Truthsoldier
Even you will later think that way, that's how our life is programmed in this part of the world

(1) (Reply)

Messi Fans Are Deluded / I Just Escaped / I Remixed Sweet Mother In Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo With AI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.