Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,773 members, 7,938,337 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Which One Should I Prefer? Wix Or Wordpress? Check This Out - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which One Should I Prefer? Wix Or Wordpress? Check This Out (322 Views)

Blogger Or Wordpress? / I Need A A Classified Ads Like Jiji Script Or Wordpress Premium Theme / Blogger Or Wordpress, Which One Is Better In Creating Music Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which One Should I Prefer? Wix Or Wordpress? Check This Out by CyberActive: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
WordPress and WIX, Which should you prefer? Hmm, good question.

Actually, Preference depends on what you plan on building and personal choice. let’s talk about these platforms.

WordPress is an open-source content management system that needs a more technical approach and expects you to run everything on your own from the designs and installations to hosting. It is however powerful and you get to control everything on your site. It can be used to build massive sites and simple sites.

Wix, on the other hand, is a packed or closed system that provides most of the things you need and it is basically good for flexible, simple designs and not-too-large websites. However, you can build websites for most niches perfectly.

COMPARISONS BETWEEN WIX AND WORDPRESS

Ease of use - Wix is more easier to use even as a beginner and less technical. You don’t need to worry about hosting, installing an app or configuring plugins. On the other hand, WordPress is very technical, you need to install and configure plugins, install themes, buy a domain name and hosting, and manage it.

Flexibility and Designs- Wix is flexible and comes with lots of templates that can be easily edited with Drag and drop system. However WordPress on the other hand, you can buy premium templates or build your own template to your choice. This template can also be edited by using the drag and drop plugin. With WordPress, you would have to install and configure it. Due to my experience, I can say WordPress templates are far ahead.

E-commerce Functionality - Wix has the e-commerce functionality for an online store with lots of features however it is good for a small scale size store as it tends to get slower with more content and pages with can lead to a bad user experience and can hurt your SEO. WordPress is good for all kinds of stores as it uses a plugin specifically for e-commerce. It can be used for small-scale businesses and highly massive online stores. However, it is more technical and requires third-party plugins.

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) - Wix makes it easier for you to easily optimize your website without third-party plugins. However comparing the features with WordPress, WordPress has a high tendency of performing well in SEO due to its third-party plugin and when done by an expert.

In conclusion, Wix is good for a small-scale business, especially when to regularly edit the content yourself. While WordPress is suitable for both small and Big businesses.

CHECK THIS OUT [https://www.fiverr.com/share/A7wDz3]

(1) (Reply)

The Successor To The Mobile Internet / How to add licensebox to your custom php script / Experienced Professional Blogger Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.