Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

5 Paramount Rulers Of Oro Nation Back A'ibom Accord Guber Candidate Emem Coffie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Paramount Rulers Of Oro Nation Back A'ibom Accord Guber Candidate Emem Coffie (378 Views)

Profile Of Emem Usoro, Member Of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) / A'ibom Accord Guber Candidate Engr Coffie Gives Free Fuel To Motorists In 4 Lgas / 2023: A'ibom Shall Be Great Again – Engr. Emem Coffie Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Paramount Rulers Of Oro Nation Back A'ibom Accord Guber Candidate Emem Coffie by Assamjnr: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2023
Posted by Celestine Myke - PH.

Since he kick-started his consultations ahead of the March 11 polls, the gubernatorial candidate of the ACCORD in Akwa Ibom State, Engr. (Dr.) Emem Coffie, has continued to soar with various endorsements from major power brokers, political heavyweights, highly revered institutions, groups and organisations in the State.

In endorsing the Civil Structural Engineer, stakeholders in Akwa Ibom believe that Emem Coffie is the right person to lead the state given his experience, his transparency, respect for rules, entrepreneurial spirit and his massive success as a Management expert and real estate developer.

The gale of endorsements for the ACCORD governorship candidate began on Friday as he paid homage to the Paramount Ruler of Oron Local Government Area, HRM Ovong (Surv.) Odiong Akan at his palace.

The monarch, a Surveyor, who said the governorship candidate of ACCORD, had immense respect for the traditional institution and the royal fathers which necessitated his visit, called the traditional rulers in the palace to pray for his success.

However, the tempo of support entered another gear when the governorship candidate arrived at the Paramount Ruler of Udung Uko LGA, HRM Offong (Hon.) Bassey Etim Edet (JP.)

The monarch who received the campaign train of ACCORD gubernatorial candidate at his palace alongside a cross section Clan and village heads stated unequivocally that, "the time has come for the best to govern Akwa Ibom State."

He noted that, until a leader showcases himself and throws hat in the ring, no one would know he exists.

The royal father specifically lauded the candidate for his lofty plans for Akwa Ibom, especially, for his plan to make Ibaka deep seaport a reality and end incessant attacks by sea pirates in Oro Nation.

The story was the same at the palace of the Paramount Ruler of Mbo LGA; HRM Ogwong Okon A. Abang, who while receiving the campaign train of the ACCORD candidate, prayed God to install a governor who has the fear of God.

He said, "if God is by your (Coffie) side, I believe you will do all that you've said for Akwa Ibom. If God can give us a listening governor who knows the problem of Oro, there will be a serious change... because there's so much tribalism and nepotism in the land and these things do not augur well."

On their parts, Paramount Rulers of Urueoffong/Oruko and that of Okobo LGA; HRM Offong Effiong Matthew Unanaowo and HRM Ovong Ita Edet Okokon respectively, pledged their support and wished him success in the governorship election, assuring that all members of the two councils were happy with him and believe he would govern the state well.

By coming to consult them, the Royal fathers stated it was a mark of respect to them as custodians of the culture and tradition. The monarchs prayed for Coffie's success in the March 11 governorship election.

Coffie also received endorsement speeches from various youth groups who gathered at their respective areas to welcome their august visitor. They recounted the achievements of the ACCORD candidate as a leading entrepreneur and business innovator.

Meanwhile, during the Friday's visit to the palace of the five Paramount Rulers of Oro Nation; Oron, Udung Uko, Mbo, Urueoffong/Oruko and Okobo, the ACCORD standard bearer, Engr Dr Emem Coffie, while addressing the Royal Fathers, informed about the mega rally of his party slated for Tuesday, 21st February in Oron LGA, saying he will further unearth his plans for the new Akwa Ibom to the people.

Coffie who was accompanied by his wife, Mrs. Mercy Emem Coffie, Deputy Governorship candidate of ACCORD, Evang. (Dr.) Love Charles Archibong, State chairman of the party, Rt Hon (Engr) Martins Ansa, candidate of the party for Oron Federal constituency, Col. Edet Sampson, Retd, that of Ibesikpo Asutan state constituency, Mr. Aniekan Johnson, among other heavyweights of ACCORD in the State, promised to turn the entire Akwa Ibom from a high consumption state to one where production will take precedence as well as zero per cent in the state’s poverty index.

Speaking extensively about the Ibaka deep seaport project, Coffie boasted, "What will make Ibaka deep seaport work I have it in my palm," taunting the current administration that, "no one gives what he does not have.

He explained that, for the seaport to become a reality, certain politics must be played and lobby done with a State in the South West, which he said, controls projects of that nature.

"Ibaka deep seaport is a Public private partnership project and I know investors outside the country that can come into this State and the project becomes a reality. I know what to do to start and complete the project under my tenure," he stressed

Continuing, the governorship candidate said his administration will use raw materials from each local government area and build cottage industries according to what each area has, saying he will construct such industries across the 31 LGAs of the State.

He said: " I have a model that industries will not be owned by the government but through a Public Private partnership (PPP) model. The only way to create money is to create avenues for people to work and during my administration, we will send hunger out of this State"

In the area of making the youths of the State employers of labour, Coffie asked rhetorically, "our youths, are they skilled, are they employable? What I want to do is, every primary and secondary school will have a vocational training centre that will coach our children and after schooling and training at the same time, parents will know the areas our children are good at. Thereafter we send those qualified for industrial attachment.

"The third thing I'll do is to chart all the land in Akwa Ibom to have value. There will be what I call, Akwa Ibom State Geographical Information System where all lands will have Certificates of occupancy. This will automatically skyrocket the prices of our lands and will be to our advantage," he stated amidst thunderous applause.

Emem Coffie called on the people of the State to jettison money politics and support a candidate with genuine love to end hunger in the state, submitting that he is ready for service.

"Akwa ibom people should take note that no godfather wants his successor to be greater than him because he (the godfather) wants to permanently reign. For me, I have decided that the Royal Fathers will be my political fathers because they are the closest to the people and well informed about the problems of their respective areas. "

While pleading with the people not to mortgage another 8 years into the hands of those who do not mean well for the State, Coffie stressed that he is ready to serve and will govern the state with the fear of God.

(1) (Reply)

The Reason You Will Be Voting For Tinubu On Saturday / Nigerians Will Win Twice In This Election / Moment APC Supporter Was Prevented From Voting In Anambra (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.