Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,350 members, 7,888,119 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:53 PM

How Yoruba Touts Destroyed The Lagos Ibadan Express Way - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Yoruba Touts Destroyed The Lagos Ibadan Express Way (391 Views)

Governors Destroyed The Local Government System - Ex-lagos Speaker, Mamora / Who Destroyed The System Between Buhari, The Governors And The Citizens? (Video) / Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Yoruba Touts Destroyed The Lagos Ibadan Express Way by Curious345: 12:08am On Feb 20, 2023
3 days ago , I witnessed first hand the childish acts of motor park touts ,who came out in cordinated fashion across various bustops , setting tyres ablaze on the middle of the highway .. all in the guise that they were angry with the naira redesign policy..

Let me tell you this ; every terror and insurrection you will ever witness in yorubaland was planned ,cordinated and hatched by touts . Yes you heard me . The motor park "owoh da" boys you see daily ..

Seem they have a telegram channel where they cordinate their nefarious activities..

I took my time on that very day ,to tour with a bike , the entire stretch of that expressway from sagamau interchange to arepo. And all I saw were marijuana smoking Yoruba touts , loading tyres on the coal tar , burning them ,and harrassing passerby ,and also redirecting cars to either stop and park or reverse ..

After a while the Nigerian army arrived in a Hilux truck and blaring sirens .. they proceeded from road block to roadblock , clearing the tyyres and removing stones and woods used in blocking the road ..they also fired several shots into the air.
I was right behind them in all these ..

When they got to mowe bus stop , lots of tyres were burning on several points .. take note : the mowe junction is right beside the mowe police area command .. but they freely allow touts operate unhindered ..

It took the army guys (only 8 of them ) to clear this junction ..they shot in the air as usual to secure operational space for themselves ..

But some of these touts started throwing stones at the soldiers , daring them to shoot ,that they are Ibadan guys and have charms and are not scared ..
Army gave them warning to step away and stop stoning .. they were still threatening the troops .. with no option left , several shots rang out towards their direction and in a matter of seconds they lay dead .

BUT HOW DID THEY DESTROY THE EXPRESSWAY?

OKay let me say this..
The billions of naira Fashola sank into that Julius Berger project is probably almost wasted ..know why ?

the burning of tyres on that coal tar has seriously affected the structural strength of the road and by extension,destroyed it.
Only yesterday I drove pass that express way and I was surprised to see gapping holes and potholes on the exact points where those tyres were burnt...

2 Likes

Re: How Yoruba Touts Destroyed The Lagos Ibadan Express Way by kettykin: 12:11am On Feb 20, 2023
The story of these touts is just starting to emerge, this is a full blown terror army brewing in the south west by one of the contestants, the moment the bubble bursts,that would be the end
Re: How Yoruba Touts Destroyed The Lagos Ibadan Express Way by MXrep: 12:18am On Feb 20, 2023
Jagaban army will be shot at sight henceforth

1 Like

Re: How Yoruba Touts Destroyed The Lagos Ibadan Express Way by yarimo(m): 12:50am On Feb 20, 2023
IPOB criminals want to steal from people's property in the name of protesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Yoruba Touts Destroyed The Lagos Ibadan Express Way by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:11am On Feb 20, 2023
yarimo:
IPOB criminals want to steal from people's property in the name of protesting

Cry baby

3 Likes

Re: How Yoruba Touts Destroyed The Lagos Ibadan Express Way by jaytee01(m): 6:53am On Feb 20, 2023
The Agbado drug baron will never rule Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Muslim Ticket: Tinubu Is About To Create A Dangerous Precedence / Declare Number Of Pvcs Collected Nationwide, Fashola tells INEC / The Presidential Election Is Between Obi And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.