Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,814 members, 7,952,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN (52282 Views)

Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) / Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor / Naira Redesign: El-rufai & Kaduna State Govt. Mark Banks For Demolition (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by ShootThemAll(m): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2023
El rufai, APC and PDP thieves are restless and will soon come together, gathering of THIEVES!.

This policy has really affected them corrupt politicians that have stockpiled money for election. Buhari thank you I! As e dey pain them e dey sweet us as e dey sweet us e dey pain them grin
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by otomatic(m): 8:50am On Feb 20, 2023
At no point did CBN do a currency swap. It clearly said it is embarking on a currency deposit program.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by accountantben: 8:53am On Feb 20, 2023
I don't know why El Rufai is taking this matter personal. He has never been there for his people all this while, why the sudden change. He should just tell Nigerians that he still has some old cash with him, and the CBN shld make provision for him rather than every day ranting .
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by jidobaba(m): 8:53am On Feb 20, 2023
akpaulite:
This man is brilliant
Can't take it away from him
On the contrary, it's obvious he's quite daft( also desperate). Currency swap vs 'confiscation' is the same difference if the new notes are scarcer than the old ones. A cashless policy demands scarcity. For a swap program, the general population would have this same extreme scarcity because these politicians would still be first in line for the available cash( with no electronic trail this time). That said, for sure they currently have much of the new notes and WILL buy votes per usual.
But you have to understand the mindset of a thief. To their minds, they hustled for this loot (Billions in old notes) and would rather die than have it become worthless. That is the crux.
Oya lug it to the banks to pay into your (and your cronies) accounts na. Dangerous because that leaves a trail that will certainly come back to bite. Sooner rather than later.

They are so frustrated right now. Love to see it!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Bluntemperor: 8:54am On Feb 20, 2023
Helgreenluv:

Hmmm... this one weak me sha

Malam El- Rufai,you have spoken and is left for the Nigerians to digest the Truth!
Governor Emefiele has just been appealing to Nigerians for understanding and patience!
The question is why should the CBN hold my Money back- if I give you N100,000 Old Naira Notes,then I should immediately get same N100,000.back,so why is it difficult during this Naira Swap? The Truth is that the New Naira Notes are not available in the Banks, even up till now!
Does it mean that each time we go for Elections in Nigeria,we must tinker with our Natural Currency,if we are not Corrupt!
The problems today is because those in the CBN and Govt Offices don't feel the negative impacts, like a Common Man--who runs businesses on Cash!
How do Common Man purchase- palm oil, Garri, onions, pepper,etc. without Cash!
We don't have regular lights, so people try to go a long way to get fuel and they need Cash to run on generators and even on transportation and food on their table,now to fix things,yet no New Naira and even the Old Naira Notes are not also available!
Emefiele should stop making excuses to the Public!
Many businesses are closing, especially the Small and Medium Enterprises,as there is no Cash to run them!
It is well with Nigeria!
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by rollywise(m): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2023
Elrufai rest Naaaaa..... Na so e dey pain
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Loonyy(m): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2023
There is 2 sides to the painment of Gov Hellrufai

1. It's either he's under pressure because of the billions in old naira notes starked for elections by APC governors
Or
2. He's under pressure from the Boys for billions they have in possession for unleashing mayhem and chaos which is now useless to them..
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Abdullahi2018: 8:58am On Feb 20, 2023
Southern Kaduna massacre this idiot did not rant like this. ASUU was on strike for 8 months, the animal did not say a word. Now, President Buhari is trying to leave a legacy, we are seeing the nincompoop everywhere. Arise o compatriot. This is a call for the youth to arise. This old fools have been playing with the country for so long. Let's take back the country.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Loonyy(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Malam El- Rufai,you have spoken and is left for the Nigerians to digest the Truth!
Governor Emefiele has just been appealing to Nigerians for understanding and patience!
The question is why should the CBN hold my Money back- if I give you N100,000 Old Naira Notes,then I should immediately get same N100,000.back,so why is it difficult during this Naira Swap? The Truth is that the New Naira Notes are not available in the Banks, even up till now!
Does it mean that each time we go for Elections in Nigeria,we must tinker with our Natural Currency,if we are not Corrupt!
The problems today is because those in the CBN and Govt Offices don't feel the negative impacts, like a Common Man--who runs businesses on Cash!
How do Common Man purchase- palm oil, Garri, onions, pepper,etc. without Cash!
We don't have regular lights, so people try to go a long way to get fuel and they need Cash to run on generators and even on transportation and food on their table,now to fix things,yet no New Naira and even the Old Naira Notes are not also available!
Emefiele should stop making excuses to the Public!
Many businesses are closing, especially the Small and Medium Enterprises,as there is no Cash to run them!
It is well with Nigeria!

Exercise patients just like he admonished,
The swap policy is for my own good and urs too

You have no idea Billions held in so many peoples homes
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by gassbee: 9:00am On Feb 20, 2023
Sermwell:

Don't be deceived! How many times has Elrufai come out to speak the truth in the last 8 years?? Please answer me, I want to check something! grin grin
is not about being deceived, d hatred u have for the other man is d reason u dont even want to hear the truth from El rufai
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by DoxxAnon: 9:01am On Feb 20, 2023
At this rate, this guy will cause flooding in Kaduna State with his tears!!!!

How will he rig his son’s election without money? How will he pay the bandits in the forest?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Pityoobi: 9:02am On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

Confiscation was a good thing

If not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians
The whole Confiscation was something we should celebrate

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation
The aim was to ensure that first all money returns into the banking system and little money goes out so that vote buying will be reduced but bankers were selling the little ones to politicians
We masses see our own corruption as normal but see politicians own corruption as bad thing

So the solution is to confiscate people’s money. Na nyansh your brain dey. People deposited 100k of old money and couldn’t get 10k back and jobless Werey like you see that as way to curb corruption and vote buying.

Stupid idiots wey no get better work dey happy for draconian policies by the CBN to level both have and have not. Na God go punish all of una.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by descartes400: 9:02am On Feb 20, 2023
tafabaloo:

Ain't everyone crying in their closets?
Do you know d number of deaths recorded due to the inability of some Nigerians to pay for Medicare?
Ain't u feeling the pangs ....I mean you yourself ?

Government cant be pretending to want to kill a rat and set the whole town in fire.

If you are complaining about votes buying , I think this policy has set in motion the mechanism for vote buying .....a lot of people wld want to to sell their votes this time around to get money to feed.
You wld see this coming Saturday...and INEC and security agencies wld not be able to do anything because their officials amd personnel are equally suffering .

On the bolded, an apt description of what the government has done!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by porthouse7(f): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2023
TheChameleon:
grin

Emefiele is from same home town as Okowa. He's working for PDP. Atiku has NGN 230 billion of new notes already stashed.

He's pained that Tinubu mercilessly flogged him at APC primaries.

Once Tinubu is announced as President... I will advise him to flee to the farthest continent, Australia.

Igbos are notorious for fleeing battle anyways. undecided
keep dropping the atomic bomb here, e sweet my belle
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Pityoobi: 9:06am On Feb 20, 2023
Basicend:
Well, TBH, that was recoloring and not redesigning.

Those N500 and the N1000 notes are the worst I have ever seen of any country in the world.

However, anything that will PEPPER Thifnubu and his cohorts, I am fully happy and in support of it.
You are into wizardry or witchcraft with this you line of thought.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by moskush1(m): 9:08am On Feb 20, 2023
The best policy of Buhari ever, El rufai your days are numbered your evil will live after you
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by frankson1(m): 9:11am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

Make den do allow us have access to our money again.

The naira redesign or colouring was done for a purpose and one of them is El Rufai you're supporting.

If politicians didn't mop up and stock cash in their houses, this wouldn't have happened.

Make una try understand this policy, no be everything Buhari do una go fight because una no like him undecided
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by ogwumgbe: 9:12am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:
Those who against Buhari for the past 7yrs will not agree with you Mr. Elrufai.

Those who called Buhari, jubrin from Sudan will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate campaigns in Igbo-dominant areas in non igbo states will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate only goes to church to campaign on religious lines will not agree.

Don't worry Mr. Elrufai, their defeat is glaring to them now they will go back to Biafra or the referendum. They will go back to call Nigeria, a zoo country.

I can feel your pain Yoruba Muslim, keep wailing,as it dey pain them, i dey sweet us
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Sermwell(m): 9:15am On Feb 20, 2023
gassbee:
is not about being deceived, d hatred u have for the other man is d reason u dont even want to hear the truth from El rufai
You haven't answer the question! grin grin
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by 77up(m): 9:16am On Feb 20, 2023
Abfinest007:
Is hell rude file the only one affected why he's crying more than other when he is not contesting for any position
..but your lots complained when Tinubu speak out on this anti human policy , Nigeria, we are our problem. When some people put it up, some will be dragging it down.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by 77up(m): 9:19am On Feb 20, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
This man still dey rant? angry

Ogbeni move on already. Obi will sure normality returns to Nigeria by Saturday this week when he has been declared winner
Obi normality indeed😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by hush15: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/naira-redesign-el-rufai-reveals-what-buhari-originally-approved-for-cbn/

In other words, El rufai is the defacto president who gave directive to the incumbent president on the policy, it's goals and execution who also in turn issued a directive to his minister. Unfortunately, both the incumbent President and his minister were not paying attention....
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Deefirm: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2023
You'll might soon die of BP because of this policy, you're only exposing yourself as thief the more Oga Governor
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by jaxxy(m): 9:21am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

Make den do allow us have access to our money again.

Emefiele can't do anything without Buhari being fully aware of it. Leave all this story to make Emefiele look like he's acting independently of the president.

Buhari never and can never approve cash swap then why change currency fir criminals to cash swap it?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by khalling2008: 9:22am On Feb 20, 2023
ogwumgbe:

I can feel your pain Yoruba Muslim, keep wailing,as it dey pain them, i dey sweet us
Nobody carry Nigeria's election for head more than Igbo Christians because they are the loose.
The igbo Christians were the one shouting Nigeria was a zoo

The igbo Christian were shouting biafra or death

The igbo Christian were calling buhari was a jubrin from Sudan

The igbo Christians were killing our security personnel and cannibalism them according to their bible;
Lamentations 4:10
With their own hands compassionate women have cooked their children, who became their food when my people were destroyed.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by ogwumgbe: 9:24am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:

Nobody carry Nigeria's election for head more than Igbo Christians because they are the loose.
The igbo Christians were the one shouting Nigeria was a zoo

The igbo Christian were shouting biafra or death

The igbo Christian were calling buhari was a jubrin from Sudan

The igbo Christians were killing our security personnel and cannibalism them according to their bible;
Lamentations 4:10
With their own hands compassionate women have cooked their children, who became their food when my people were destroyed.

Of course bro but none is using Biafra passport now. Until then we are still Nigerians and we are happy with the CBN currency swap, if you don't like it go and hug transformer bro, your gibberish can't intimidate us, we do whatever we please, that's why we are igbos
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by udemzyudex(m): 9:27am On Feb 20, 2023
Basicend:
Well, TBH, that was recoloring and not redesigning.

Those N500 and the N1000 notes are the worst I have ever seen of any country in the world.

However, anything that will PEPPER Thifnubu and his cohorts, I am fully happy and in support of it.

How many countries currency have you seen?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by orisa37: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2023
NOW CUNNING MAN DON DIE, CUNNING MAN WAN BURY AM.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Taba21: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2023
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Taba21: 9:32am On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

Confiscation was a good thing

If not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians
The whole Confiscation was something we should celebrate

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation
The aim was to ensure that first all money returns into the banking system and little money goes out so that vote buying will be reduced but bankers were selling the little ones to politicians
We masses see our own corruption as normal but see politicians own corruption as bad thing

Explain what makes the confiscation good according to your headline
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Agadinaagwuofe: 9:35am On Feb 20, 2023
Why is this man crying trying to rope Emefiele. I mean Buhari has made public announcement acknowledging all the policy and naira redesign. Let's even assume Emefiele did what wasn't approved is it not within Buhari purview to say go back and do what was approved but the President co-sign and ready to defend it, meaning that is exactly what he approved. I don' like the act of cowardice where a less powerful person made to bear brunt of what a more powerful person did. If there is anyone to take the fall it is Buhari and he has made it clear he did it to avoid vote buying and illicit funds for terrorism. Why is el rufai bent on tarnishing Emefiele reputation, Emefiele might not be he best CBN governor but this policy has the applaud, the approval. the backing and the support of the President and that is a fact El rufai can go and cry in his wives bed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers / Oyegun, APC National Chairman Loses Ward To PDP In Edo - Punch / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.