Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,818 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. (944 Views)

6 Signs Telling Your Transmission Is Becoming Bad / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by fineboynl(m): 11:02am On Feb 21, 2023
Many people who love manual transmission are people that started with manual transmission. As you know it many people are naturally resistance to change like we are facing with people resisting the cashless economy. Even with conveniency of cashless economy many educated and semi-educated people still don't want it and it make you wonder why. People are forced today in using cashless economy and if the CBN manage to continue with this policy for another 3-4 years. Trust me so many people will not want to go back to cash anymore.

People are often attached and stick to what they are use to. That's is the arguement between Manual transmission and automatic transmissions, That is the reason people are talking about manual transmission. It's something they started with but if they are forced to use automatic transmissions for a while they will not want to go back to manual transmission.

I used to dislike touchscreen way back. Please just give me my qwerty physical keyboard in peace. but I was forced to use screen touch after the world has left me and but I was still using my qwerty physical keyboard phone along side.

But after I have gotten used to screen touch and it was clear to me when I sees the difference and no one tell me to dishout anything qwerty physical keyboard.

This is similar to Manual transmission. Alot of people after switching to auto transmission for some year confirm no going back to manual.
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by brain54(m): 11:18am On Feb 21, 2023
Maybe you are right…

But I drive both and still feel more comfortable and prefer the manual transmission to automatic especially when on a long journey.

The only time I prefer the automatic is in hold up. Especially the very slow moving type

I still feel automatic is a car for lazy drivers though. A good manual with good and effortless clutch and gear box while changing to me beats any automatic anytime any day.

Also some paparazzi, stunts and effizzy that make driving fun and enjoyable you can not do with automatic.

I prefer the manual transmission any day and twice on Tuesday.

But maybe it’s just my reasoning to resist change!

5 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by nurey(m): 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
Truly manual transmission is suffer head until you decide to park and buy something yo eat after a 10hrs non stop driving. After eating you hop into your car try to start and engine doesnt roll, the time is already 7:30pm, you find kazeem and you were told he went for prayer. At after 8pm he shows up but can't fix the kick starter because emeka don close shop teh teh.

Its is almost 9pm in an unknown area and you just heard Oro is about to cry that's when you will regret not buying a manual transmission vehicle grin (true life story)

7 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by jmoore(m): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2023
brain54:
Maybe you are right…

But I drive both and still feel more comfortable and prefer the manual transmission to automatic especially when on a long journey.

The only time I prefer the automatic is in hold up. Especially the very slow moving type

I still feel automatic is a car for lazy drivers though. A good manual with good and effortless clutch and gear box while changing to me beats any automatic anytime any day.

Also some paparazzi, stunts and effizzy that make driving fun and enjoyable you can not do with automatic.

I prefer the manual transmission any day and twice on Tuesday.

But maybe it’s just my reasoning to resist change!

Typewriter is for lazy typists while computer is for good typists.

Developed countries are moving on to self driving cars.

5 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by jmoore(m): 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2023
nurey:
Truly manual transmission is suffer head until you decide to park and buy something yo eat after a 10hrs non stop driving. After eating you hop into your car try to start and engine doesnt roll, the time is already 7:30pm, you find kazeem and you were told he went for prayer. At after 8pm he shows up but can't fix the kick starter because emeka don close shop teh teh.

Its is almost 9pm in an unknown area and you just heard Oro is about to cry that's when you will regret not buying a manual transmission vehicle grin (true life story)

So kickstarter will spoil everyday? Una reasons are very funny oh.

6 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by brain54(m): 1:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
jmoore:

Typewriter is for lazy typists while computer is for good typists.

Developed countries are moving on to self driving cars.
Type writers and cars are two different things bro…

And just because something is modern doesn’t necessarily make it better.

Self driving cars are a different thing all together bro. And at some point you will still need to over ride the self drive and switch over to traditional driving!

2 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by brain54(m): 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2023
jmoore:

So kickstarter will spoil everyday? Una reasons are very funny oh.
Not every day…

But when it happens. How easily can you maneuver the situation?

It’s not a funny reason but a genuine concern!
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by jmoore(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
brain54:
Not every day…
But when it happens. How easily can you maneuver the situation?
It’s not a funny reason but a genuine concern!
Na to find somewhere to sleep.
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by brain54(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
jmoore:

Na to find somewhere to sleep.
No need to go too far…

When you get one star hotel beside you.

Na to open car door and sleep inside. Just pray make mosquitoes no finish your destiny!
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by Timagex(m): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2023
Wahala for we manual lovers o. 😁
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by fineboynl(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
Timagex:
Wahala for we manual lovers o. 😁
do you drive manual?
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by Elsueno: 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
its just a matter of preference.

During long journeys, I prefer manual, i like being fully in control.

But inside town, don't really matter much, but I tend to lean towards auto moreso than manual.

D truth is, once u master d manual, U won't feel d 'stress' , d controls just comes naturally like an instinct.

FYI, I learnt to drive on auto B4 discovering manual 😄
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by soloehis(m): 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
fineboynl:
Many people who love manual transmission are people that started with manual transmission. As you know it many people are naturally resistance to change like we are facing with people resisting the cashless economy. Even with conveniency of cashless economy many educated and semi-educated people still don't want it and it make you wonder why. People are forced today in using cashless economy and if the CBN manage to continue with this policy for another 3-4 years. Trust me so many people will not want to go back to cash anymore.

People are often attached and stick to what they are use to. That's is the arguement between Manual transmission and automatic transmissions, That is the reason people are talking about manual transmission. It's something they started with but if they are forced to use automatic transmissions for a while they will not want to go back to manual transmission.

I used to dislike touchscreen way back. Please just give me my qwerty physical keyboard in peace. but I was forced to use screen touch after the world has left me and but I was still using my qwerty physical keyboard phone along side.

But after I have gotten used to screen touch and it was clear to me when I sees the difference and no one tell me to dishout anything qwerty physical keyboard.

This is similar to Manual transmission. Alot of people after switching to auto transmission for some year confirm no going back to manual.
have you ever asked your self why Europeans prefers and manufactures more manual drive than Auto drive?the percentage of manual and auto is 90% and 10%.
Do you know you can easily sleep off while driving auto? But such is impossible with manual drive.. manual keep you alert mentally ..you get to control gears,shift and what gear is needed at a particular landscape. ur concentration is 💯..
I understand most of our new generation drivers don't know hw to drive manual..they dont know the pleasure you derive when you are in full control...cost of maintenance is relatively low.

1 Like

Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by fineboynl(m): 9:35am On Feb 22, 2023
1, Driving Lessons in Europe Use Manual Transmissions.

In their teenage years, many Europeans have driving lessons involving a manual transmission as their practice vehicle. After they acquire their license, it is easier to use a manual vehicle instead of switching to an automatic one and becoming used to the driving style of that transmission.

As many people across Europe have this training as the norm, it has become a common element of European culture to drive a manual transmission. Since more people have gone through this process over the years, the children of these manual drivers will learn how to drive these cars from their parents. And these people will most likely inherit them from their parents or relatives as their first car.

2. The European Landscape

Across Europe, the land has numerous hills and narrow roads, which may make driving an automatic transmission difficult. A manual transmission will make it easier to drive up inclines by shifting into a higher gear, compared to automatics that need to reach a certain RPM to shift gears.

Shifting to lower gears on a manual will make a more controlled descent, and you won’t need to rely as much on the brakes. This ease of use throughout the diverse Europen landscape is one reason why Europe has so many vehicles with manual transmissions.

soloehis:
have you ever asked your self why Europeans prefers and manufactures more manual drive than Auto drive?the percentage of manual and auto is 90% and 10%.
Do you know you can easily sleep off while driving auto? But such is impossible with manual drive.. manual keep you alert mentally ..you get to control gears,shift and what gear is needed at a particular landscape. ur concentration is 💯..
I understand most of our new generation drivers don't know hw to drive manual..they dont know the pleasure wen derive when you are in full control...cost of maintenance is relatively low.
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by Godsonkemz(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2023
The automatic drive was primarily designed to accommodate people with leg disabilities.
Only those who cannot drive complain about manual. I used to effortlessly drive automatic gear without being taught. However before I could drive manual, I underwent a driving training. Manual is quite interesting and engaging and provides the driver the opportunity of having full control of his vehicle. The only problem with manual gear is having to clutch and switch to low gear continuously in a slow movement traffic jam
Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by fineboynl(m): 10:57am On Feb 22, 2023
Changing gear back and forth. Is not for people who drink or who like to relax when driving.

Discussing and looking at women ass left and right. Manual is not just it.

1 Like

Re: Manual Transmission Is Multi Tasking And For Suffer Head People. by fineboynl(m): 11:02am On Feb 22, 2023
That what you all keep saying. Automatic was not designed for disabilities. Their are more automatic than manual in the world.

Godsonkemz:
The automatic drive was primarily designed to accommodate people with leg disabilities.
Only those who cannot drive complain about manual. I used to effortlessly drive automatic gear without being taught. However before I could drive manual, I underwent a driving training. Manual is quite interesting and engaging and provides the driver the opportunity of having full control of his vehicle. The only problem with manual gear is having to clutch and switch to low gear continuously in a slow movement traffic jam

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo Toyota Picnic For Interstate Transportation / Please Mercedes Benz Expert And Users, Your Advise Is Urgenlty Needed / What Are Some Good Brands Of Automotive Paint And Clearcoat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.