Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,123 members, 7,967,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 01:02 PM

My Experience In Today's Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience In Today's Election (517 Views)

Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. / All The Best To All The Guber Candidates In Today's Election / Peter Obi Didn't Go To Church Today. Election Period Is Over. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Today's Election by Queendera(f): 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2023
Went to the polling unit around 11 am. The ad hoc staff were still sorting out the election materials at that time even though voting was supposed to have started long before that time.

Nevertheless, we joined the queue and waited for them.

After much quarrel and struggles, they were able to sort everything out.

It was time to start the voting process.

Only about 10 or 15 people voted, when one of the party agents (pdp agent specifically because he was wearing the tag) came and started causing trouble.

He scattered the whole table, saying that he will not gree, that they have bribed the other INEC staffs and police men there.

He was shouting and saying the election will not hold in that polling unit.

Our police are VEGETABLES. Instead of shooting or arresting this man, they were begging him to stop.

The rest of us were just looking at the drama. For over 2 hours, nothing but shouting and shouting.

No one voted.

After the shouting had died down a little, they said everyone should join the queue back again but the INEC staff refused that they are not doing the election again.

People began to beg the woman but really there was nothing she could do as the rest of the staffs ran away and no one knew where they ran to when the trouble started.

I was really frustrated and left with my younger brother without voting.

Coming home, we could see other people in their polling unit voting peacefully. But ours was war without ending.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Today's Election by superCleanworks(m): 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2023
Queendera:
Went to the polling unit around 11 am. The ad hoc staff were still sorting out the election materials at that time even though voting was supposed to have started long before that time.

Only about 10 or 15 people voted, when one of the party agents (pdp agent specifically because he was wearing the tag) came and started causing trouble.

where did this happen? Location.
Re: My Experience In Today's Election by lhordspy: 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2023
Waow. The location?
Re: My Experience In Today's Election by Queendera(f): 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2023
lhordspy:
Waow. The location?
benue state adoka

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Told You Guys Kwankwaso Is A BLESSING For Obi / A 2nd Generation Immigrant Is Uk's Prime Minister / Edo People, Our Mumu Done Do!! We Must Reject Those Who Rejected Us!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.