Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,398 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:36 PM

The Love Of The Father - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love Of The Father (146 Views)

The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. / Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. / In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Love Of The Father by radiantbus: 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2023
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

Genesis 22:1-2

1. And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am

2. And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of

In Genesis 22, Abraham was over a 100 years old when God asked him to offer Isaac, the son of promise on a mountain in the land of Moriah. Now Abraham did not even consider or think. He loved Isaac so much but did not hesitate to obey. He did not even plead with God or intercede for Isaac. He woke up the next morning and set out to the mountain to offer Isaac as a sacrifice, the Son whom he loved so much.

Hebrews 11:17-19

17. By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18. Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19. Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure

The bible says in Hebrews that Abraham believed that God could raise Isaac from the dead. That was his mindset. He feared and had faith in God so much that he was willing to offer his Son Isaac whom he loved. This was God who created all things asking a man to offer what he treasured most.

I write today to reveal the one who is Love. God is love.

Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh. He literally came from the Father. He was and has always been in the Father. He existed with the Father and was made flesh. When he was born, he was the only begotten of the Father. God loved him so much. Loved spending time with him. He was the Joy of the Father. One who was the radiance of the divine. The image of the invincible God. The life running through his veins was God's life The Father even declared,

Mathew 3:17

And lo, a voice came from Heaven, saying, “This Is My Beloved Son, In Whom I Am Well Pleased.”

Jesus was the only one on earth that God could call family. Imagine yourself and the joy you have as a parent, watching your children who are a reflection of you grow up before your eyes. God loved Jesus so much that Jesus loved spending time with him. He would retreat to a quiet place to spend hours with his Father.

As much as God loved Jesus, he also loved man equally. God was willing to sacrifice his son, only begotten son whom he loved like Abraham for us all. The prophet Isaiah describes the suffering of our Lord Jesus.

Isaiah 53: 3-5

3. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

He bore the sins of all men from the beginning of time. He was made sin for man and as a result bore the chastisement for our sins. He bore every sickness disease as a result of our sins.

Isaiah 52:14

As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

Isaiah 52, his body was soo marred beyond recognition because his body was broken down, inflicted with sickness and pain for our sakes

and on the cross, the Spirit of God departed him and Jesus sensed it and cried out, My God my God, why has thou forsaken men.

Mathew 27:46

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is to say, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

Imagine this picture, imagine yourself as a parent for 1 second watching your son crucified on a tree begging you why have you forsaken me. The Father was watching in pain as his son was wasted on the cross for us. All the angels were watching as the one whom God loved was abandoned on the cross. This was God revealing his love for man. I do not know if you are a parent but imagine this in your mind.

Then on the thrid day, he was raised from the dead. Realize that this was just redemption. A greater glory took place when Jesus rose up: Justification. Before Christ, when you sin you suffer the consequences of sin which is death in the form of sickness, disease, poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68). But now in Christ, there is no more condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Romans 8: 1-2

1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death

That is, if any man is baptized into Christ, he is free from that law of sin and death. Think about it, if you can fall sick because of sin, why haven't you been sick everyday all do things that can be interpreted as sin: we live in fear; we live in unbelieve; we curse people; we fight etc. But why don't you fall sick immediately? It is because of this law. You are free from the bondage of sin and its consequences. Recognise this, in the old testament, every transgression of the law was met with a punishment but now people lie everyday and they are living healthy lives, why?

I say this because so many of us are living in divine health and we think it is because we eat good food and exercise regularly even though that helps. Don't get me wrong, good food and exercise is good for the body but the body is physical, sickness is spiritual. We the body of Christ do not know how God as a loving Father cares for us even in our ignorance. His life sustains us that when sickness tries to latch onto us, it is repelled instantly.

I have experienced this for myself, I grew eating a lot of trash, even over the last few years, I have not even had a cold. I cannot remember the last time I took medication. This is because of the life of God in me. This life is in every believer. God loves us soo much that he is trying everyday to vitalize our mortal bodies by his spirit in our inner man that we are unaware just as a Father will provide care for a little child without the child knowing what is going on.

Romans 8:11

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

God is constantly trying to vitalize our bodies but we are the ones who are working against his efforts through unbelief, fear and the way we talk. We wake up everyday with a small pain and declare with our mouths 'Ah! I always have this pain when I wake up early' or

'I usually have cold this time of the year'. You have inadvertently caused sickness upon yourself and God will respect your will. We need to recognize that God is in us as is vitalizing us and we need corresponding words and actions as James described in James 2 and 3.

I have written these things to show you how God loves you so much and is working every day to ensure you live happy and well without us giving him the Glory. When we are healthy, and well, when we experience good things we attribute it to our hard work and healthy lifestyle. Do you know how many /bacteria and viral strains are around us but they cannot touch your body because of the life of Jehovah in you. But we attribute it to one super supplement or food. When we experience good things it is us, when we experience bad things, it is the devil. We do not give God the glory for what he does everyday for us but he doesn't care because as a Father he cares more about your wellbeing than you giving him Glory.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God's Priorities For The Remnant (part One) / The Least Deserving / Mythologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.