Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,665 members, 7,918,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:48 PM

An Actual End To Obedients And Peter Obi? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Actual End To Obedients And Peter Obi? (213 Views)

Obedients Independence Day Rally For Peter Obi In Various Centres / Pastor Poju And Peter Obi / Mafia Banker: The Untold Story On The Actual Founder Of Zenith Bank And Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Actual End To Obedients And Peter Obi? by susrite(m): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2023
Let's analyze this practically and not based on sentiments.
I'm not seeing Peter Obi winning this election, infact, he has been successfully kicked out.
There are 6 political zones in Nigeria

NORTH WEST
NORTH EAST
NORTH CENTRAL
SOUTH WEST
SOUTH EAST
SOUTH SOUTH

According to the requirements, the winner of the presidential election must have gathered 25% of voted from 2/3 of the 36 states (which is 24 states) and he/she must have the highest number of votes.

Only Atiku has met the first requirement as he now boast of 25% in 26 states already.

Tinubu currently boast of 25% in 18 states

While results from SOUTH SOUTH & SOUTH EAST is yet to be officially announced.

Moreover, Peter Obi had lost 25% of 8 out of the 9 announced states already which includes

[s]Ogun
Osun
Kastina
Ondo
Kwara
Yobe
Gombe
Ekiti[/s]
Lagos

After losing this, he is only allowed to get 25% in 5 more states, anything above that see him not meet the first requirement I posted above.

Now lets look at the states that looks impossible for him to gather 25% votes

Bauchi
Borno
Jigawa
Sokoto
Kano
Kebbi
Oyo

He can only meet the first requirement if he get 25% in 3 of the above states.

Which of these states would give him required 25%?

The brighter side to this analysis is that there's 62% assurance that Peter Obi will gather majority vote in this Presidential Election, hence there's a possibility of a re-run between him and Atiku. I dont see Tinubu getting 25% in FCT.

Re: An Actual End To Obedients And Peter Obi? by susrite(m): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2023
Let's see how things pan out

Re: An Actual End To Obedients And Peter Obi? by Upton: 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2023
It will be very difficult for him to get 25% in two-third of the 36 states. I’ll say it is impossible at the moment. I also do not see a rerun happening. A winner will be declared.

However, I must commend Obi. He has done a great job. He has shown that it is possible to challenge the existing structures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Actual End To Obedients And Peter Obi? by clintz(m): 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2023
OP 2/3 of 36 is 24 and not 12 please correct it
Re: An Actual End To Obedients And Peter Obi? by psucc(m): 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2023
Obi would have simply cruise to victory if not for what we all know

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu May Not Win Watch This Video And Find Out / Bode George On His Way To Exile In Togo. / Jeff Bezos Challenges Elon Musk’s Starlink, By Releases More Affordable Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.