Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,910 members, 7,931,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:39 PM

Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second (93724 Views)

Philip Shaibu Wins Edo PDP Parallel Governorship Primaries / Labour Party Wins Edo South Senatorial Seat, wins Oredo Federal Constituency. / Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Wickedfacts: 11:55pm On Feb 27, 2023
Duru009:
If Tinubu finally wins, they will certainly deal with Arise Television.....

Arise is the new AIT, it will crumble into oblivion.
The owner òs already owing salaries of THISDAY staff, that's how Dokpesi started.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by leisuretym: 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
These confused people just want to finish banks w, the guy has really work hard , I do not feel for the obanikoro guy, this Labour Party occasional voters just hate Yorubas and decided to vote for anything else, be it dog or stone , they went on rampage and deny the Adesua’s husband for the second time.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by atutupoyoyo2211: 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
Actually, he didnt. 25% of votes cast is 145,316. Tinubu scored just below that.
Wickedfacts:

Calculate the total votes cast, it's not up to 600k
From the count, Tinubu met 25%

It is the foolishness of OBIdients like you that made Obi lose the election. You are blind to what is in front of you, deaf to advice and incapable of sound reasoning.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Believeintruth: 11:57pm On Feb 27, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Next time, you think about that before quoting me with your factory fitted foolishness.

Like I said there is karma and you would be gloated like this when you die.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Elliotwaveforec: 12:00am On Feb 28, 2023
Binidiots, how far? Has Obi's victory in your state made Obi president?
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Thedon22: 12:00am On Feb 28, 2023
EDUECO:
Under Tinubu and Buhari,I don't think Obi can get Justice because the court is under the full control of APC.

APC government is good example of a Banana Republic.Under this government ,there is no regard for electoral laws and the rule of law
Then Obi shouldn't have submitted himself to an election conducted by Buhari and APC. He should have waited for them to vacate before contesting in Nigeria. Or he could have insisted on Biafra or something.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Safyqueen: 12:01am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:
The strategy is to dwarf the votes from concentrated Labour Party places and replace them with smaller margins against APC, while APC dominated areas like the SW will win with high margins against LP.

Edo state gave more votes than this to LP, same with Lagos, same with Rivers and Akwa ibom.

They’ll be like “Obi won Lagos and so so so” to pacify us when in reality the voting margin will not be up to 100k!

Borrow small sense now. Upon all the baggages around Obi, how do you think he can win election against Jagaban in this complex Nigeria within that ample time he defected from PDP to LP?
Obi even tried because everyone knows the christains are his hidden structure.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by jasent(m): 12:02am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:
The strategy is to dwarf the votes from concentrated Labour Party places and replace them with smaller margins against APC, while APC dominated areas like the SW will win with high margins against LP.

Edo state gave more votes than this to LP, same with Lagos, same with Rivers and Akwa ibom.

They’ll be like “Obi won Lagos and so so so” to pacify us when in reality the voting margin will not be up to 100k!
They manufactured results at all levels,forget the story of dominated or not.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by tonididdy(m): 12:05am On Feb 28, 2023
Devilish results left right Centre
“They” are ensuring that states were OBI is most likely to win, they must rig thiefnibu to the 25% mark

We Edo people would rather vote satan than give even 10votes to that old hag.

We not even sympathize with PDP, na Apc we come dash over 100k votes. Jokes apart in my unit, u better vote your apc in secret because if we sight that thumbprint, you go collect outside PU

LP got nothing less than half a million votes in Edo, followed by PDP picking the crumbs,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Theo001(m): 12:05am On Feb 28, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Go and stop them let soldiers use bullets to shorten your destiny.
...I can’t blame you. Son of perdition😂😂😂
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by franchasofficia: 12:06am On Feb 28, 2023
MIMOSAXY:

I need to see your Maths teacher (144471/581266)= 25%

You are wrong.

The 25% is calculated by dividing total number of votes a candidate got by the total number of accredited voters in the state (add each party valid votes and the voided votes) and multiply by 100 to get the percentage.

If total number of accredited voters is 1million and PDP got 200,000 votes, to calculate the percentage vote, do this:

(200,000/1,000,000) x 100 = percentage
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by raskymonojendor: 12:07am On Feb 28, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

ElekShun is not rigged anywhere my PO wins.

grin
Now. They say it's still rugged but rugged a little bit for obi win by small margin. grin
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by sonssyo(f): 12:07am On Feb 28, 2023
After reading comments here ,I discovered that Nigerians are not serious,.ethnicisim will sure kill this country.
If APC did well,why are they sweating up and down,LP of yesterday winning house of rep and Senate just like that and you guys are still talking,first in the history.
Well,the kind of wave that will end this saga is yet to be unveiled.
The wave is coming!

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by tyinfinity: 12:08am On Feb 28, 2023
Obi betrays his boss Atiku.Atiku regretted the day he introduced obi to presidential contest as vice presidential candidates
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Ikechukwutech: 12:09am On Feb 28, 2023
Fut9ure:
Yeah

Tinubu will never be the president

Nor be this same Edo way me I dey reside

Inec is a joke

APC vote of edo nor reach 5 thousand

Inec inec inec
Na wa o

We are rejecting it

No sane human will allow tinubu rule

You can't handover Nigeria at this critical time to a sick president

Please lets retweet and share to everyone

Use this pic on your WhatsApp profile and status
Facebook and twitter titok
Tinubu is your President
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by gabicon: 12:09am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:

I think you need to look at the Edo election from the perspective of data.
In 2015 total votes were a little shy of 500k, in 2019 a little more than 500k and now in 2023 it's 581k. Progression wise the numbers make sense, if you add 100k votes to Obi, the sequence of voters will be an anomaly.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by AMKAG66(m): 12:11am On Feb 28, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are wrong.

The 25% is calculated by dividing total number of votes a candidate got by the total number of accredited voters in the state (add each party valid votes and the voided votes) and multiply by 100 to get the percentage.

If total number of accredited voters is 1million and PDP got 200,000 votes, to calculate the percentage vote, do this:

(200,000/1,000,000) x 100 = percentage

He got 24.85%.
He fell short of the 25% from the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Espelbengz(m): 12:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Obi couldn't have won the whole of South West, his biggest constituents are his southeast brothers, would win most states in the south south, but not marginally, 3 states in north central Abuja inclusive but still minimally, make inroads in Kaduna because of southern Kaduna which has Christians majority, but it stops there, u see those core northern states of Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, jigawa, Zamfara, kebbi, sokoto, yobe, gombe, bauchi, Adamawa and even Taraba (a few good votes because of large Christian population) there is nowhere he can get tangible votes in any of these states to win a general election, him don try and I commend him, but imagining some Miracles in your dreams.. I d laugh😆😆😆

Cletus77:

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by KingAzubuike(f): 12:11am On Feb 28, 2023
MuchAdo:
Upon all the buga by obidients... cheesy

Good one for APC cool
Nna... with all you went through the last 8 years for APC, someone could still be supporting them to remain on seat again ? It's just crazy
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by akins088(m): 12:11am On Feb 28, 2023
If you have the original result that is at variance with the one declared proceed to national collation centre to make your case.
Cletus77:

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by DoYoung1: 12:11am On Feb 28, 2023
psalmsjob:
This is the politics 101 we were trying to explain to obidense but they are busy insulting everyone....chop your breakfast in silence now grin

Bigotry takes you only as far as the tip of your nose

ain't you ashamed? How does rigging translate to politics 101?
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by JoiGeeva(m): 12:12am On Feb 28, 2023
INEC! are you sure you are prepared for that's coming
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by senatordave1(m): 12:14am On Feb 28, 2023
stillme231:
it was rigged bro.. they had better votes than APC... Even the LP votes are not correct, it's way more.. I can send valid unit sheets

It wasn't.tinubu was always going to beat atiku
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by ebenholer2(m): 12:15am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:

KINDLY DONT BE AN IGNORAMUS...CAN U DEFEND THIS YOUR PURPORTED ALLEGATION IN THE COURT OF LAW OR YOU SILENTLY ENJOY THE OUTCOME OF YOUR BIGOTRY?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by EDUECO(m): 12:15am On Feb 28, 2023
Thedon22:

Then Obi shouldn't have submitted himself to an election conducted by Buhari and APC. He should have waited for them to vacate before contesting in Nigeria. Or he could have insisted on Biafra or something.
You're part of the rotten system
You don't want the nation to be better
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by ismodiwa(m): 12:16am On Feb 28, 2023
GreyLaw:
Peter Obi is Nigeria's president. All these inflated and deflated figures will be thrown away by the courts and Tinubu the criminal who thrives in subverting the will of the people will be disgraced.

Tinubu, you will never lead Nigeria. Your ambition is cursed. Nigerians have spoken and will ensure with every necessary means that the truth wins.

Tinubu is the candidate of my choice
I voted Tinubu, Tinubu will win, Tinubu will lead Nigeria, Nigeria will be great again..
Stop barking please

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by jogojogo: 12:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:

So who facilitated the rigging in Edo such that the party of the State with a PDP sitting Governor came third?
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by emilo2bad: 12:22am On Feb 28, 2023
Fut9ure:
Yeah
Tinubu will never be the president

Nor be this same Edo way me I dey reside
Inec is a joke
APC vote of edo nor reach 5 thousand
Inec inec inec Na wa o
We are rejecting it
No sane human will allow tinubu rule

You can't handover Nigeria at this critical time to a sick president
Please lets retweet and share to everyone
Use this pic on your WhatsApp profile and status Facebook and twitter titok
I hope you and your family will lead the protest

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by senatordave1(m): 12:23am On Feb 28, 2023
Karleb:
Whoever created this thread does not know math. I know the mods later changed the title.

25% of 600,395 is 150,099 and Tinubu had 144,471.

Obi should focus on getting his 25% across 24 states. The upcoming results will shock everyone.

Total valid votes not accredited votes

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Wickedfacts: 12:23am On Feb 28, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
Actually, he didnt. 25% of votes cast is 145,316. Tinubu scored just below that.

Even if he doesn't meet it, he has already met it in other states. So, he will just use the extra 140k votes to widen his gap with Atiku. Obi can keep struggling to meet 25%.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’ Shot In Ibadan, In A Critical Condition At UCH / The Moment APC Screening Committee Disqualified Obaseki (Photos, Video) / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.