Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,422 members, 7,940,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 09:24 AM

Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins (1801 Views)

Obidients Should Stop Behaving Like Enemies Of Nigeria / Kano Governorship Election: Declare Our Candidate Winner To Avoid Violence - PDP / Illegal removal of CJN:Urgent need to postpone this elections and avoid violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by wahalawahala: 10:18am On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

Alex I always respect you because you're intelligent but if you can see beyond today you will know that Peter Obi is an easy going person but that doesn't mean he is a pushover 70% Nigerians are with him and I sense huge protest I don't need a pastor to say it I can perceive it
which 70% .. u go just make up figures in your head and when reality Dawn's and clearly u are wrong.. u go begin dey cry wolf😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Coldsperm: 10:18am On Feb 28, 2023
Inec should announce Tinubu immediately so that we can scatter this country immediately.
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by wahalawahala: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Coldsperm:
Inec should announce Tinubu immediately so that we can scatter this country immediately.
keyboard warrior

1 Like

Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by AlexBells(m): 10:20am On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

I pray it won't but if it becomes I will contact you
Just relax, don't join any riot, don't join any non organised fight, Tinubu only needs enough justification which he is getting to fight dirty, Atiku needs enough conviction which he is getting to fight dirty, OBIdients should be still, monitor and calculate.
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by DMerciful(m): 10:23am On Feb 28, 2023
All results not uploaded immediately should be canceled including East
MuchAdo:

Why is it taking forever for results from the yeast to come out

Why are the results in the yeast not being uploaded

You guys think you are wise abi? cheesy
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Dafresh: 10:34am On Feb 28, 2023
AlexBells:

Just relax, don't join any riot, don't join any non organised fight, Tinubu only needs enough justification which he is getting to fight dirty, Atiku needs enough conviction which he is getting to fight dirty, OBIdients should be still, monitor and calculate.
thanks I accept your advice

1 Like

Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Simeonjoe1: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2023
AlexBells:
Despite the rigging and violence that characterised the election in most part of the country it is important that we avoid violence and violent rhetoric.

I never expected it to be easy, didn't even expect we come this far. We still have a long way to go, we need to put another outing for the governorship. If we go with violence, the gains we made may be lost.

Labour party today is the third biggest party in Nigeria officially when we consider the number of reps and senate, we can also put a strong fight in the governorship.

I'm not insinuating that the fraudulent election won't be challenged but please let's not lead the fight. As we have seen, they like calling out the Igbos, and in the case of any violence things can turn around pretty quick.

We can assure the Christians especially the nationalities of Middle Belt and Northern Christians that we are all together, there are also sometimes when you may allow the trouble maker win.

Our progress especially in Lagos is remarkable, with appropriate Allaince, the Obidient movement and labour party have become a big force. This is a political battle and we take it one step at time, we don't have to back down, it is just the beginning of the journey.

Perhaps Tinubu is declared let every Obidient and indeed every Igbo and our allies observe first, that doesn't mean that we are not prepared for any eventuality, but let's not be reactive, lets be calculated.

Not most part of the country but FEW PARTS. Most part are credible! The rigging parts is rivers Lagos, akwa ibom and maybe imo which should be reassessed. Apart that I believe the other state denotes the strength of each candidates.

Also the next election won't have a good showing as this one, if anything the youth have learnt is you hold emotion but use logical reasoning first. Now most believe the election is rigged nationwide hence they've lost confidence in inec and the process. This will inturn lead to a low voter turnout in the future most especially in the SS and SE....
Sadly this is setting a bad precedence in the SE cause as it stands it'll becoming harder for an ibo man to be president. Labour Party can easily be cemented as a regional party but gaining the needed alliance in the future is yet to be seen.
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by AlexBells(m): 10:58am On Feb 28, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Not most part of the country but FEW PARTS. Most part are credible! The rigging parts is rivers Lagos, akwa ibom and maybe imo which should be reassessed. Apart that I believe the other state denotes the strength of each candidates.

Also the next election won't have a good showing as this one, if anything the youth have learnt is you hold emotion but use logical reasoning first. Now most believe the election is rigged nationwide hence they've lost confidence in inec and the process. This will inturn lead to a low voter turnout in the future most especially in the SS and SE....
Sadly this is setting a bad precedence in the SE cause as it stands it'll becoming harder for an ibo man to be president. Labour Party can easily be cemented as a regional party but gaining the needed alliance in the future is yet to be seen.
If Tinubu wins, then the next election would be not needed cause if he can with without incumbency, what happens if he's the incumbent, the next election that will matter if Igbos or South south participate would be in 16 years, cause after Tinubu it will be North turn but we can find a way to ensure the Minority of north Christians of safety, Obi didn't have a great Allaince for if it Obi and Kwankwaso it won't be this way so the voting power of East have shown and people like Kwankwaso will never equate himself with someone like Obi again, if you revert time today, Kwankwaso could accept to be deputy to Obi.

So the future is way unpredictable but if we didnt get to a civil war or costly riot, things are looking great if you ask me, labour party is now a huge party with national appeal with strength in Middle belt, east, south south and Lagos if we get to war these gains may be lost, for a party that came to relevance 6 months ago, labour have tried
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by djon78(m): 11:18am On Feb 28, 2023
AlexBells:
Despite the rigging and violence that characterised the election in most part of the country it is important that we avoid violence and violent rhetoric.

I never expected it to be easy, didn't even expect we come this far. We still have a long way to go, we need to put another outing for the governorship. If we go with violence, the gains we made may be lost.

Labour party today is the third biggest party in Nigeria officially when we consider the number of reps and senate, we can also put a strong fight in the governorship.

I'm not insinuating that the fraudulent election won't be challenged but please let's not lead the fight. As we have seen, they like calling out the Igbos, and in the case of any violence things can turn around pretty quick.

We can assure the Christians especially the nationalities of Middle Belt and Northern Christians that we are all together, there are also sometimes when you may allow the trouble maker win.

Our progress especially in Lagos is remarkable, with appropriate Allaince, the Obidient movement and labour party have become a big force. This is a political battle and we take it one step at time, we don't have to back down, it is just the beginning of the journey.

Perhaps Tinubu is declared let every Obidient and indeed every Igbo and our allies observe first, that doesn't mean that we are not prepared for any eventuality, but let's not be reactive, lets be calculated.

I concur to this

Throwing tantrum won't do us any good

Sometimes silence, being calm and calculative is the best answer

Sometimes we may not know what God has in store for us in the future
We may not know

Let there be Peace

They may laugh at us now

But he who laughs lasts laughs best
One day Tinubu, Buhari, Wike , Atiku, Obi, uzodimma etc will go and meet there maker

They will realize that this life, no matter the power or wealth all is vanity upon vanity

Where are the shagaris, ekwuemes, Awolowos, Azikiwes today? All gone to vanity
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by AlexBells(m): 11:34am On Feb 28, 2023
djon78:

I concur to this

Throwing tantrum won't do us any good

Sometimes silence, being calm and calculative is the best answer

Sometimes we may not know what God has in store for us in the future
We may not know

Let there be Peace

They may laugh at us now

But he who laughs lasts laughs best
One day Tinubu, Buhari, Wike , Atiku, Obi, uzodimma etc will go and meet there maker

They will realize that this life, no matter the power or wealth all is vanity upon vanity

Where are the shagaris, ekwuemes, Awolowos, Azikiwes today? All gone to vanity
In as much as I appreciate the fact that you get where I'm going, I don't want us to resort to weakness. Someone called me this morning and said she's praying for the way ahead, I told her, praying is making a mockery of God, God didn't just allow things to happen so that you pray to him to avert it.

God allowed it to happen, so I don't like the energy in using death as a solution, No, Wike must not meet his maker, Same as Tinubu, if they need to be sent to their maker that's another thing entirely but that approach didnt work earlier, just observe why things happen, observe how they happen and make the best out of it, Nigeria problem can be managed but coming close to a solution needs a drastic step, I'm not even anticipating peace at all, certainly but let it not start with us.
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Simeonjoe1: 11:38am On Feb 28, 2023
AlexBells:

If Tinubu wins, then the next election would be not needed cause if he can with without incumbency, what happens if he's the incumbent, the next election that will matter if Igbos or South south participate would be in 16 years, cause after Tinubu it will be North turn but we can find a way to ensure the Minority of north Christians of safety, Obi didn't have a great Allaince for if it Obi and Kwankwaso it won't be this way so the voting power of East have shown and people like Kwankwaso will never equate himself with someone like Obi again, if you revert time today, Kwankwaso could accept to be deputy to Obi.

So the future is way unpredictable but if we didnt get to a civil war or costly riot, things are looking great if you ask me, labour party is now a huge party with national appeal with strength in Middle belt, east, south south and Lagos if we get to war these gains may be lost, for a party that came to relevance 6 months ago, labour have tried

Very true obi has shown a good strength. Having Lagos is a very big advantage.
Common this man shown strength in Lagos, plateau, nassarawa, benue. He deserve his ors. Labor party is built on the structure of the youth and for it to maintain its momentum the youth has to be enthusiastic about Nigeria and its processes. But with this result many youth are down hearted, and may likely not participate in future elections. While the party has shown strength I don't see it maintaining this momentum in the next 4 years.

The biggest winner here is APC they took Nigeria for a ride and still won, they will be banking on the fragmented oppositions, and low voter turn out that will mere the next election. As it's going APC is turning Nigeria into a one party state.

While obi has prove his point, he needs to rectify now with pdp and nnpp. With this show of strength if pdp have sense they should give him the ticket as that is what can excite people ones more, if not omo na APC go they will everything they go like this
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by AlexBells(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Common this man shown strength in Lagos, plateau, nassarawa, benue. He deserve his ors. Labor party is built on the structure of the youth and for it to maintain its momentum the youth has to be enthusiastic about Nigeria and its processes. But with this result many youth are down hearted, and may likely not participate in future elections. While the party has shown strength I don't see it maintaining this momentum in the next 4 years.

The biggest winner here is APC they took Nigeria for a ride and still won, they will be banking on the fragmented oppositions, and low voter turn out that will mere the next election. As it's going APC is turning Nigeria into a one party state.

While obi has prove his point, he needs to rectify now with pdp and nnpp. With this show of strength if pdp have sense they should give him the ticket as that is what can excite people ones more, if not omo na APC go they will everything they go like this
One party system is not possible in Nigeria, labour party is not going to be irrelevant, young politicians like myself will nurture it, I'm an advocate of confederation, I have a movement called Igbo province, we needed allies as Igbo nation and the labour party template would be adopted as our Alliance territories.

APC is going to return in four years if the country survive this year, Tinubu will release Nnamdi Kanu if there will be no violence that would break him free, we are not in a hurry at all, I see Tinubu as a wartime president if he emerged and I don't really wish an Igbo man inherit such troubled country as Nigeria is currently, if Peter Obi wins, it won't be fun for him governing, Tinubu would end up being so anti North cause they don't like merit and they would tackle him, now that he is seemingly unpopular, it won't be easy.
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by djon78(m): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

All these Igbo man being president to me doesn't make sense. Someone being president doesn't do anything for me because he is from my tribe

Buhari presidency did northern people no suffer same thing like other regions?

It's more about our African low premodial mentality of tribe and religion. Tinubu being president doesn't make a Yoruba person gain more than me an Igbo man

It's more about a very backward baseAfrican Mentality.
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by djon78(m): 12:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

To me Obi doesn't need PDP

He should consolidate on labour party, building it with an excellent ideology
Try and win more South East states and other regions in labour family like middle belt, Edo, Delta etc

He should focus on building a credible sound party
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Godwin4444: 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

Alex I always respect you because you're intelligent but if you can see beyond today you will know that Peter Obi is an easy going person but that doesn't mean he is a pushover 70% Nigerians are with him and I sense huge protest I don't need a pastor to say it I can perceive it
70% are with him n he couldn’t get 70% in overall votes?

Just try n enter street to cause trouble
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Godwin4444: 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Which election did you win?

You were never going to win the election in the first place.

Even polls never projected a spread for Obi, just popular votes. He won in the states he was projected he would win.

Just accept defeat.
they followed the partisan anap poll

Obi na anap customer so they will always predict he will win now so they won’t lose customer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Simeonjoe1: 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
djon78:

All these Igbo man being president to me doesn't make sense. Someone being president doesn't do anything for me because he is from my tribe

Buhari presidency did northern people no suffer same thing like other regions?

It's more about our African low premodial mentality of tribe and religion. Tinubu being president doesn't make a Yoruba person gain more than me an Igbo man

It's more about a very backward baseAfrican Mentality.

True
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Simeonjoe1: 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
AlexBells:

One party system is not possible in Nigeria, labour party is not going to be irrelevant, young politicians like myself will nurture it, I'm an advocate of confederation, I have a movement called Igbo province, we needed allies as Igbo nation and the labour party template would be adopted as our Alliance territories.

APC is going to return in four years if the country survive this year, Tinubu will release Nnamdi Kanu if there will be no violence that would break him free, we are not in a hurry at all, I see Tinubu as a wartime president if he emerged and I don't really wish an Igbo man inherit such troubled country as Nigeria is currently, if Peter Obi wins, it won't be fun for him governing, Tinubu would end up being so anti North cause they don't like merit and they would tackle him, now that he is seemingly unpopular, it won't be easy.

Maybe you're right or wrong it's left to be seen
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Dafresh: 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
Godwin4444:
70% are with him n he couldn’t get 70% in overall votes?

Just try n enter street to cause trouble
Is it the one you and your paymasters are rigging
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Godwin4444: 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

I pray it won't but if it becomes I will contact you
so he will come n save u like James Bond abi

Ordinary cult clash for school nobody dey remember anybody let alone war that anything goes

Many of u are emotional, I am a tinubu fan but that guy is objective in his analysis n he has foresight, I applaud him for that

Those shouting war don’t know anything cos once it’s turning to ordinary protest it will definitely turn religious n tribal n some people will back off, so once it escalate people who believe an unknown obi won’t will also allege rigging n it will lead to chaos with fg reporting to international community that obi people started d fight

It will eventually no b good for everyone but especially igbos who are more outside south east

Reason with that guy
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Simeonjoe1: 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
AlexBells:

I have a feeling of Tinubu releasing Kanu but it will cost him greatly in the North as it can be use as an agenda for against him. You know how northerners hate anything IPOB, same way it reflects on their vote for obi, so it will be a critical calculation.
The best thing he can do is to beg for buhari to release him before he leaves office
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Dafresh: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
Godwin4444:
so he will come n save u like James Bond abi

Ordinary cult clash for school nobody dey remember anybody let alone war that anything goes

Many of u are emotional, I am a tinubu fan but that guy is objective in his analysis n he has foresight, I applaud him for that

Those shouting war don’t know anything cos once it’s turning to ordinary protest it will definitely turn religious n tribal n some people will back off, so once it escalate people who believe an unknown obi won’t will also allege rigging n it will lead to chaos with fg reporting to international community that obi people started d fight

It will eventually no b good for everyone but especially igbos who are more outside south east

Reason with that guy
Waiting concern for what I replied to someone
Plz I don't want to argue with anyone I only read the first line I didn't read all
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Godwin4444: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Irregularities happened in every region.

We have video evidences of people being threatened against voting APC.

Even in Lagos, we have video evidence of Yoruba helping Igbos rig election in Lagos.

There is a video evidence of people singing Catholic hymns as a single person thumb printed for LP in a South East state.

Please, no one was a saint.
just leave them

Atiku people are spoiling for war n they don’t want to lead, once they hear anything from obi people like this they will make sure all news outlet carry it that

Obi people started d protest then atiku people will hijack it from them

Just let them mumu start anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Godwin4444: 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

Is it the one you and your paymasters are rigging
YES

It is

If u ain’t comfortable go to court, hope u saw south east results?

How will apc have 0 votes in 15 local government?
Them no get agent?
Agent no get at least 1 friend?
So no apc political aspirants in a whole 15 local government?

The earlier d better u agree every party rigged its stronghold so u won’t open your nyansh

What about where inec officials were thumb printing for Labour?

What about where Labour Party brought already thumb printed sheets?

What about church where only one person dey vote for all n others were singing praise n worship?

What about places where people who wanted to vote apc were chased away?

Hope u saw a video of how a man was slapped cos he’s not voting lp?

All these videos are online n many more

So just agree every party rigged its stronghold, only d best rigger will win
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Dafresh: 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
Godwin4444:
YES

It is

If u ain’t comfortable go to court, hope u saw south east results?

How will apc have 0 votes in 15 local government?
Them no get agent?
Agent no get at least 1 friend?
So no apc political aspirants in a whole 15 local government?

The earlier d better u agree every party rigged its stronghold so u won’t open your nyansh

What about where inec officials were thumb printing for Labour?

What about where Labour Party brought already thumb printed sheets?

What about church where only one person dey vote for all n others were singing praise n worship?

What about places where people who wanted to vote apc were chased away?

Hope u saw a video of how a man was slapped cos he’s not voting lp?

All these videos are online n many more

So just agree every party rigged its stronghold, only d best rigger will win
Tinubu can't be president
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Godwin4444: 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

Tinubu can't be president
so this is all u have to say right when u have been defeated in your own argument

When inec declare him president, u can go n remove him

1 Like

Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Humeedz: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
[color=#000099][/color] it
Simeonjoe1:

Point of correct; Labour party is built on religious sentiment,it shows clearly on the votes casted in the north and your conversation with the op. We're watching you guys and learning a lot about you. Thanks for the internet!
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Simeonjoe1: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Humeedz:
[color=#000099][/color] it Point of correct; Labour party is built on religious sentiment,it shows clearly on the votes casted in the north and your conversation with the op. We're watching you guys and learning a lot about you. Thanks for the internet!

Watching me for what? Nothing concerning me about who wins. I follows non partisan politics
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by ken6488(m): 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin Seriously afraid of violence
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by naijapips04: 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
AlexBells:

They have left you behind. Obi is a failed project. Go back to PDP and build a formidable opposition.
Re: Obidients Should Avoid Violence Let's Consolidate Our Wins by Injera(f): 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
Coldsperm:
Shoot on sight

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) / BREAKING: Nigerian Governors Forum, NGF Visit Buhari Thank Him For Service / Anambra Billionaire Jujuman Yet To Be Found.kidnappers Yet To Contact Family

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.