Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,307 members, 7,977,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:35 PM

Politicians Have Won; Nigerians Are Yet To - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Have Won; Nigerians Are Yet To (275 Views)

South Africa #NoSchoolBagChallenge:Nigerians Politicians Have Failed The Country / Selfish Politicians Have Hijacked Nigeria — Balarabe Musa / Weakest Politicians Have Left APC - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politicians Have Won; Nigerians Are Yet To by okrote4real: 2:29am On Mar 01, 2023
BY AHMED OLUWASANJO

The outcome of Saturday's presidential election is not victory for anyone to rejoice over.

We have been here before. We rejoiced that a messiah has come in 2015, when President Muhammadu Buhari emerged, only for him to be a major disappointment eight years later. Since then, I stopped being emotional about Nigeria's election.

Get me right. I'm not a killjoy out to ruin agbado and bulaba soldier's celebration. I'm likewise not here to hypocritically cry about our shambolic electoral process like former President Olusegun Obasanjo, the authour of "do or die politics 2007."

The violence and madness seen in some parts of the country during the election should not be our story in 2023 if OBJ had not written and acted well satanic script on election rigging.

But that's a topic for another day.

The real issue is if we think Tinubu's victory is one for Nigeria, then we must be joking.

I believe regardless of who you voted for or supported during the election, it is time for us to assume our duty as citizens, holding the winner's legs to the fire.

Majority of politicians will unite and compensate themselves with contracts to make up for whatever financial loss they have incurred. In other words, they suffer no loss.

Their children and girlfriends will be employed through the back door to CBN, FIRS and other juicy MDAs, while millions who voted them into office are crying of unemployment. Anyway this is no issue because some are OK with being e-thugs for just N30,000 monthly.

Politicians will live in most secured places in the country guarded by security agents paid from our collective wealth, while you and I will be praying to be safe from bandits and kidnappers. They will eat free food from our treasury, while you and I will buy food amidst bitting skyrocketing inflation.

There would be no power outage in homes of politicians, while you and I will pay heavily for darkness.

I think the picture I've painted is fair and vivid enough to convince you that it is not yet uhuru for ordinary Nigerians. As such, we will be foolish to defend politicians after the election when we should be uniting to hold them accountable.

The honey moon will soon be over. You are Yoruba. I am Igbo. He is Hausa divisive argument will stop as we face the consequences of our decision at the polls.

Welcome to Bulaba Republic, where down payment for roasted corn to generate electricity, is a possibility. I pray this miracle will happen.

Ahmed Oluwasanjo writes from We No Go Gree Ministry: AKA Terbancle of Table Shakers!

https://kakaakireporters.com/politicians-have-won-nigerians-are-yet-to/

1 Like

Re: Politicians Have Won; Nigerians Are Yet To by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 01, 2023
Nigerians won!

We patriots that voted Asiwaju won!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Too Naive And Gentle To Win A Presidential Election / Obi Says He Won, Atiku Says He Won - An Election With No Loser / Nigeria Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Valid Till December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.