Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,726 members, 7,945,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria (4202 Views)

Innoson Redeems Car-Pledge To Chigozie, IMSU's Best Graduating Student / Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids / Nigerian Universities With Best Teaching Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 11:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Indians pledge to build world-class hospitals in Nigeria[/size]
By AZOMA CHIKWE
Tuesday, September 13, 2011

•Prof. Christian Chukwu

Nigerians seeking Medicare abroad would spend 80 per cent less for better treatment in India compared to Europe. This was disclosed recently by an Indian cardiologist, Dr. Naresh Trehan, during a media chat at the West African Health Sixth International Medical Exhibition and Conference at the Eko Hotels and Suites in Lagos.

Trehan, chairman and chief executive of the multi-specialty Medanta Hospital- Medicity in New Delhi, India, said India offered more medicare advantage to Nigerians, a situation which explains the increasing number of patients from Nigeria seeking medical attention in that country.

“The advantage we provide from the healthcare that has been developed through us is that we can provide treatment for ailments like heart, kidney, liver and cancer at a much higher level of success and the cost is very affordable. People do not have to spend large sum of money, going to other countries. We can do a much better job at a much less price - one fifth of the cost,” he said.

According to him, the monthly health distribution of patients that visit Medanta Hospital from different parts of the world shows that between 40 and 50 are from Nigeria.

Dr. Trehan spoke of plans to have bilateral exchanges with Nigerian hospitals and medical institutions on various areas as a first step to building a multi-specialty hospital in Nigeria in the next two years.
“What we would like to do is to develop some combined programme where we can have bilateral exchange of doctors, scientists and if there are gaps, we try to develop those specialties in Nigeria so that the people of Nigeria can progressively access the best care in Nigeria.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/goodhealth/2011/sept/13/goodhealth-09-13-2011-01.html
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by OAM4J: 11:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[size=14pt]Indians pledge to build world-class hospitals in Nigeria[/size]
By AZOMA CHIKWE
Tuesday, September 13, 2011

•Prof. Christian Chukwu

Nigerians seeking Medicare abroad would spend 80 per cent less for better treatment in India compared to Europe. This was disclosed recently by an Indian cardiologist, Dr. Naresh Trehan, during a media chat at the West African Health Sixth International Medical Exhibition and Conference at the Eko Hotels and Suites in Lagos.

Trehan, chairman and chief executive of the multi-specialty Medanta Hospital- Medicity in New Delhi, India, said India offered more medicare advantage to Nigerians, a situation which explains the increasing number of patients from Nigeria seeking medical attention in that country.

“The advantage we provide from the healthcare that has been developed through us is that we can provide treatment for ailments like heart, kidney, liver and cancer at a much higher level of success and the cost is very affordable. People do not have to spend large sum of money, going to other countries. We can do a much better job at a much less price - one fifth of the cost,” he said.

According to him, the monthly health distribution of patients that visit Medanta Hospital from different parts of the world shows that between 40 and 50 are from Nigeria.

Dr. Trehan spoke of plans to have bilateral exchanges with Nigerian hospitals and medical institutions on various areas as a first step to building a multi-specialty hospital in Nigeria in the next two years.
“What we would like to do is to develop some combined programme where we can have bilateral exchange of doctors, scientists and if there are gaps, we try to develop those specialties in Nigeria so that the people of Nigeria can progressively access the best care in Nigeria.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/goodhealth/2011/sept/13/goodhealth-09-13-2011-01.html

Good if they also keep to the bold.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by aljharem3: 11:59pm On Sep 13, 2011
OAM4J:

if you believe that then u can believe anything

why would they want to close the gap

what do they have to gain from this relationship ?
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by merge(f): 12:01am On Sep 14, 2011
Exactly Why don't Nigerians build the hospitals. Why the dependence on outsiders?
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by aljharem3: 12:01am On Sep 14, 2011
merge:

Exactly Why don't Nigerians build the hospitals. Why the dependence on outsiders?

very good question
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by mitofag: 12:07am On Sep 14, 2011
OAM4J:

SMH

Believe Indians? Now we now look up to dem Indians?
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:09am On Sep 14, 2011
Forgive me for being a cynic, but i hope their plan isn't to use us as guinea pigs to further their knowledge on the human anatomy and eficacy of new drugs.

Somehow i can't seem to link Indians and charitable gestures in the same thought undecided.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 12:10am On Sep 14, 2011
merge:

You should ask whether Nigeria is not ashamed to subscribe technology from India and Pakistan. After these two countries, we shall ask Burkina Faso or Mali for help someday.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 12:16am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You should ask whether Nigeria is not ashamed to subscribe technology from India and Pakistan. After these two countries, we shall ask Burkina Faso or Mali for help someday.

Even Haiti
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by merge(f): 12:20am On Sep 14, 2011
This is just a business venture. Why don't Nigerians build and hire? Why allowing outsiders to own? Weaken us as people. India would never allow Nigerians to build hospitals in their country.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by OAM4J: 12:20am On Sep 14, 2011
alj_harem:

if you believe that then u can believe anything

why would they want to close the gap

what do they have to gain from this relationship ?

mitofag:

SMH

Believe Indians? Now we now look up to dem Indians?

I really do not place much trust in Indians, just hoping there is a way that those points can be enforced by the government/health ministry.

All the same, its a shame that in 2011 Nigerians still have to travel abroad for many of these specialized treatments despite the number of medical practitioners we have everywhere

Well at least  it will save the time/cost of travelling abroad, especially for many underprivileged patients who have to raise money from the public for treatment of their special ailment.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 12:27am On Sep 14, 2011
merge:

This is just a business venture. Why don't Nigerians build and hire? Why allowing outsiders to own? Weaken us as people. India would never allow Nigerians to build hospitals in their country.

Why not?. They need all the investments they can lay their hands on. As long as the Indians are building the hospitals in Nigeria with their money and abide by Nigerian labor laws, I have no qualms. The problem with Indian establishments is they come fully loaded with staff from their country. The only staff they will hire in Nigeria are the blue collar ones. That is the kind of treatment Gadaffi never allowed in Libya. He will allow you to invest but 90% of your senior staff must be Libyans else you leave.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 12:34am On Sep 14, 2011
Indian Owns two telecommucation in Nigeria . . . . Airtel and starcom

Indians own one the best Groceries store, food and electronics  in Nigeria. . . Stallion Gropu of Companies

Indians Own's one the best Computer school in Nigeria. . . . Meridian Technology

Now they want too Own the Best Hopistal in Nigeria.

I won be surprise if they Control Nigeria Economy one day
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by merge(f): 12:37am On Sep 14, 2011
seedord247:

Indian Owns two telecommucation in Nigeria . . . . Airtel and starcom

Indians own one the best Groceries store, food and electronics  in Nigeria. . . Stallion Gropu of Companies

Indians Own's one the best Computer school in Nigeria. . . . Meridian Technology

Now they want too Own the Best Hopistal in Nigeria.

I won be surprise if they Control Nigeria Economy one day

Nigerians are too slow but dont think about the future. They just want quick fixes. I would never allow any outsiders to own anything in Nigeria. Definitely not in a way they will control us.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 12:40am On Sep 14, 2011
merge:

Nigerians are too slow but dont think about the future. They just want quick fixes. I would never allow any outsiders to own anything in Nigeria. Definitely not in a way they will control us.

That is antibusiness spirit and if you apply that rule, you will remain undeveloped. There is a limit you can get to with only your resources. Apple, Microsoft, etc will not be where they are today if their proprietors depends on their thin resources to expand. You need investors in order to grow conglomerates. NY was not built by only New Yorkers, London was not built by only the English, etc.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 12:46am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

That is antibusiness spirit and if you apply that rule, you will remain undeveloped. There is a limit you can get to with only your resources. Apple, Microsoft, etc will not be where they are today if their proprietors depends on their thin resources to expand. You need investors in order to grow conglomerates. NY was not built by only New Yorkers, London was not built by only the English, etc.

so You mean all the sector's in Nigeria should run by Indians

[b]N
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by merge(f): 12:48am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Africans need to be able to protect themselves first before they deal with outsiders. Not the other way around. They will be cheated and abused like they have always have been.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by merge(f): 12:50am On Sep 14, 2011
Resources that are a necessity for the survival of a people should never be controlled by outsiders.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 12:54am On Sep 14, 2011
seedord247:

so You mean all the sector's in Nigeria should run by Indians

[b]N
I didn't say that but Nigeria needs to grow and the only way is to attract investors by fixing their roads, energy , incessant pogroms/security risks and creating a climate for stable govt. Also, a stable govt is the assurance these investors need to come besides, our government should protect her citizens by creating formidable  antitrust laws so that every investor will not monopolize the market. Many companies in the US are not natives and even the India you are talking about gets their lifeline from America.

We have everything they have except stable govt and energy. American investors are attracted to India due to cheap labor, stability, availability of cheap technocrats[which we have plenty] and ability to speak English[which we also have].

India wouldn't be getting all these love from the US if they are still together with Pakistan because Islamic terrorists will scare them away.
Do you know our bad roads can be contracted to a foreigner who can build and recoup their money with marginal profits in 20-30 years?. But they will not do that because of fear of society breakdown in Nigeria. They will not be able to repossess their roads and other fixed assets.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by merge(f): 12:58am On Sep 14, 2011
The problems should be fixed within. Why are Nigerians not attacking their politicians? They sure don't mind killing each other. They are supposed to be investing into the country. Nigerians give politicians too much power. Complaints and no action. A Quick fix is not the answer.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by aloyemeka1: 12:59am On Sep 14, 2011
merge:

Africans need to be able to protect themselves first before they deal with outsiders. Not the other way around. They will be cheated and abused like they have always have been.

Because we allow ourselves to be abused. Competition is invaluable as it will drive down prices, provide customers with choices and so on. If I go to a Chinese hospital and they treat me like a dog, I may decide to take my business to another hospital owned by a Nigerian or Malian or South African, etc. When people stop attending the Chinese hospital in Nigeria, they will be forced to close down due to lack of profits. The only problem is that our govt are quick to sell us short. Look at oil metering that Libya started over 30 years ago is still a problem in Nigeria because our leaders make $$millions from the crude practice. So foreigners drill 100 barrels for example, account for 30 barrels and give our leaders egunje to close their eyes. The annoying thing is that the egunje they collect is not up to the cost of 3 barrels.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by merge(f): 1:03am On Sep 14, 2011
Nigerians need to attack their leaders. Nigerians don't mind killing people for the sake of religion and tribalism. If Nigerians take a no sense approach to politics, their leaders will shape up. 

aloy/emeka:

Because we allow ourselves to be abused. Competition is invaluable as it will drive down prices, provide customers with choices and so on. If I go to a Chinese hospital and they treat me like a dog, I may decide to take my business to another hospital owned by a Nigerian or Malian or South African, etc. When people stop attending the Chinese hospital in Nigeria, they will be forced to close down due to lack of profits. The only problem is that our govt are quick to sell us short. Look at oil metering that Libya started over 30 years ago is still a problem in Nigeria because our leaders make $$millions from the crude practice. So foreigners drill 100 barrels for example, account for 30 barrels and give our leaders egunje to close their eyes. The annoying thing is that the egunje they collect is not up to the cost of  3 barrels.

I know.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Sep 14, 2011
The kind racism we get for Nigeria ehn . . . what in the world is INDIANS pledge to build. Most likely this is some organization or company making this pledge but instead our dear newspapers chose instead to stir the people by deciding to point out the race instead.  undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by WebSurfer(m): 1:38am On Sep 14, 2011
lol, watch n c if that will happen
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:01am On Sep 14, 2011
Not at all surprised, one should see the number of sick Nigerians here in Chennai, Nigerians here either need drugs or push DRUGS, cheesy
Plus the horrible food, overwhelming culture shock, their lack of sanitation, but who cares? It's cheap
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by globexl: 3:05am On Sep 14, 2011
About 30yrs ago, India invested heavily in the education of their people. Today Indiai has a surplus of doctors, engineers, computer programers and scientific researchers and is exporting  their suplus pools of well edicated talents to other nations. Since our own brains are filled with so much ethnic and religious junk, we have no choice than to let those who can think properly to come and provide the services that we so desperately need. Nigeria is a huge market for health services. We should be grateful to the Indians for recognizing this need since Nigerian elites just fee sooo cool stashing their wealth abroad rather than investing in their own country.
For those of you that say you dont trust Indians, Who would you rather trust? Could it be because they are not white? our brains have been programed to trust only those that are white.
I gladly welcome the Indians. As our former third world peers, We have soooo much to learn from them if and when our  brains are eventually detoxicated from all the garbage that cloggs it.
We all need good health services, sooner or later.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by shawonlese: 3:13am On Sep 14, 2011
The bolded part in the second reply is the Trojan horse.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by Princek12(m): 4:08am On Sep 14, 2011
Nigerian graduates from Nigerian universities are not qualified to perform many advanced medical procedures or build sophisticated engineering structures. Our education system is appalling, especially considering the fact that we have a high rate of examination malpractice and women who give their punny in exchange for passing grades.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 14, 2011
Sorry, I wouldnt let a Nigerian doctor schooled in Nigeria deliver my baby, talkless of performing surgery on me. I might wake me as a man angry
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by phuckNL: 4:13am On Sep 14, 2011
Indians are just as bad as Nigerians.
Corrupt, think they are smarter than everyone else (same as naija) when in essence they are dumb.
The only difference btw naija and india is they are 10 times more than us and the c****ry smell. finito.
They cut corners in everything. Thye would prolly build some fake chinese type hospital anyway.
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by scorpio1(m): 5:16am On Sep 14, 2011
I know this indians too well, pls don't let them come ooo, they will suck you till yu gat no more to give, Let them stay there while we go to them, they shouldn't come ooooo!!!
Re: Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria by Sagewood: 6:15am On Sep 14, 2011
Nigerians should be investing heavily in quality and top-notch health facilities. If Indians or others must invest in healthcare, the govt should
make such they follow established standards.
This is one area I will invest in very soon. God Bless Nigeria!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nysc Has Killed Me / ASUU Calls Off Strike 22 June 2022 / Lol.. Is CIROMA CHUKWUMA ADEKUNLE Writing Waec Dis Year Again? [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.