Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,365 members, 7,971,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:21 AM

Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Experience (436 Views)

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience by lavylilly: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Dear Colleagues,

To what extent do you go just to put down your colleagues because you only want to be the Star🌟 in the team?

You have a team discussion and a member of the team shares an idea with you during an Executive meeting you go there and tell the idea as if you initiated the idea. This has got to stop.

Managers keep saying a particular employee is not performing as expected and you keep quiet in such meetings knowing you steal all their ideas and take glory for their work because of your lack of competence. You need to do better.

We have turned the office into our village town hall meeting where we tear ourselves down just to prove we are better than others.

This is something we find in every organization that nobody wants to talk about and employees struggle through their stay and get their employment terminated, meanwhile there is someone who will never let them shine.

Only one employee wants to shine and if another employee is shining more than them, hell will let loose because they will go to any length to ensure they own every spotlight, you need to change if you fall into this category.

Your colleagues made a mistake and instead of you to call them privately and teach them how to do it better, you wait till there is a general meeting to point this out in front of everyone, you need to come out of yourself as the world does not revolve around you.

Shine in your space and let others shine in their space.

Recently a recruiter reached out to me that he has been trying to close a particular role 8 times but all the candidates keep turning down the offer making him start all over again, he has a KPI and a Time to hire rate that he is appraised by same with every employee. He did not know why the candidates kept turning down the offer when they get to the client's office. But the funny thing is when they turn down the offer, they all sent a similar email, he kept wondering why as something seemed off with this.

Not knowing his colleagues will find a way to get the details of the candidates and tell them not to take an offer given to them because the client's organization is bad. The 8th candidate during the interview mentioned that someone called her and told her not to take an offer from the company, and asked the client why are they so bad, the client was shocked to hear this and pressed further, he got the contact of the person calling all the candidates not to take an offer and they found out it was the colleague of this said, Recruiter.

He did it so his colleagues will be seen as incompetent and then he will be applauded for closing various roles while the others struggle to close up one.

We are stars in our space, live in your space and be content with it. Do not try to put your colleagues down because they are shining better than you.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience by RoyalRumble1(m): 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=121375307][/quote]
One good reason i can never ever do any salary job in my life. I run my own bizness

Enemies of progress everywere.
God help us!!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience by lavylilly: 9:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
lipsrsealed
RoyalRumble1:

One good reason i can never ever do any salary job in my life.
I run my own bizness

God help us!!
Re: Share Your Experience by lavylilly: 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
wink
RoyalRumble1:

One good reason i can never ever do any salary job in my life.
I run my own bizness

God help us!!
Re: Share Your Experience by RoyalRumble1(m): 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
lavylilly:
wink

Did you just wink at me after 2 days? 😳… I just got lost

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience by lavylilly: 10:22am On Apr 08, 2023
grin
RoyalRumble1:

Did you just wink at me after 2 days? 😳… I just got lost
Re: Share Your Experience by RoyalRumble1(m): 10:46am On Apr 08, 2023
lavylilly:
grin

🤨🤨🤨

(1) (Reply)

. / Ibadan Vacancy / Job Vacancy For A Business Development Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.