Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,523 members, 7,917,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:51 AM

Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals (393 Views)

PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket / Akpabio: I Was Called Killer Herdsman By Men Of God After I Dumped PDP For APC / The Reasons Gbenga Daniel Dumped PDP - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals by OpzyGist(m): 11:52am On Mar 02, 2023
On March 1st, former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, announced his resignation from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during an appearance on ARISE News.

This came a day after the PDP lost the presidential election to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Fayose cited perceived irreconcilable differences in the PDP as the reason for his decision to leave the party. He also expressed his belief that the party’s leadership was responsible for its loss in the last presidential election.

Fayose revealed that the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, had turned down a mandate offer to win the support of G5 governors.

He said Atiku lost the G5 governors to APC candidate Bola Tinubu, who won three, and Labor Party candidate Obi won two.

In a separate interview with TVC news on February 28th, Fayose praised Peter Obi, the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party, describing him as a smart man who cannot be intimidated. Fayose also stated that it would be beneficial for Nigeria’s next president to work with Obi, who has become a thorn in the flesh of many political leaders in the country.

See the full details here:

https://opzygist.com.ng/local/following-atikus-defeat-ayo-fayose-finally-resigns-from-pdp/

Re: Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals by shuttox: 11:55am On Mar 02, 2023
Gbam
Re: Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals by yarimo(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2023
Our special thanks to OBI and KWANKWASO for not stepping down for ATIKU grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals by kolafolabi(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2023
Oshokomole! I know he loves Tinubu, and he has never shy away from that. Now, welcome to APC. Though, he has not officially defected to the ruling party.

On Seyi Makinde, mark my words, he is winning the election.
Re: Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals by Cherish233: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
Okay, tho this isn't a country.
Re: Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals by yinkus6750(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2023
It was very obvious his support was 100% for Tinubu.
He was playing anti party politics all this while.
Am sure he was among those that confused Wike.
PDP will get more divided after this election, cos Atikus stubbornness caused them the great loss.
If Labour party can hold itself, it will become the formidable opposition needed for the ruling party.

(1) (Reply)

The Obidient Movement Are Greatful To South South For The Massive Support / 2023 Can We Now Agree That There Is Polling Units In The Social Media? / Enugu State Labour Party Adopt Brother Of Slain Senatorial Candidate❗️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.