Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,303 members, 7,950,558 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

How To Effectively Deal With Dog Anxiety Around Travel? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Effectively Deal With Dog Anxiety Around Travel? (603 Views)

Help With Dog Mating. / Dog Obedience Guide - Train Your Dog Effectively To STOP Behavior Problems (PDF) / WTF: Woman On Stretcher Going To Hospital With Dog's Penis Stuck In Her Vagina! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Effectively Deal With Dog Anxiety Around Travel? by dolakeenia(f): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2023
In most cases, dog anxiety, particularly with travel, can be eased with the use of a dog anxiety shirt, such as the Thundershirt. The gentle, yet constant pressure supplied by this shirt provides your pet with a sense of incredible calm and ease, alleviating the nervous anxiety that presents itself to your dog upon entering a moving vehicle.

If travel is not something that your dog experiences often (except to the vet), he or she may associate getting into a vehicle with going to the vet, which may be another anxiety issue for them. The Thundershirt will help ease that transition with calmness.

Do all dogs suffer dog anxiety when they travel? No. However, for those who do, it can be a rather traumatic affair for both them, as well as their owners.

Such behaviors associated with travel anxiety include drooling, barking, shaking, vomiting, whining, panting, and even hyperactivity. These symptoms can result in cowering in fear or chewing and destroying the vehicle’s interior.

When a dog suffers anxiety, they do not understand what they are feeling and why. Therefore they deal with it the only way that they can think of — which is often a rather negative way.

How does the Thundershirt work to alleviate dog anxiety? With a patent-pending design of durable, yet highly breathable material, the shirt is made up of flaps that wrap around your dog’s back, underside, and sides.

These flaps are fastened securely with Velcro to provide a snug, yet comfortable and non-constrictive fit. This secure fit provides a consistent, yet gentle, pressure to your dog’s body, particularly around the torso and behind the front legs, where it is most effective.

Quick, simple, effective, and non-frustrating, the Thundershirt has shown to be over 85% successful in eliminating many, if not all, symptoms associated with dog anxiety in travel.

In addition to relieving dog anxiety, another benefit of the Thundershirt is the fact that they are easy to care for, machine washable, and line dry. They are made of incredibly durable fabric that will last through even the roughest tumble and play that your dog may put it through. With the breathable fabric, you also never need to worry about overheating.

While traveling long distances, Thundershirt will also be a blessing to decrease much, if not all, of the dog anxiety that your pet may experience while staying in a hotel or a new and unfamiliar place, which can also be a worrisome experience.

A bit like a security blanket and/or a warm and cocooning hug of reassurance, dog anxiety shirts can be a welcome relief from many symptoms and issues that arrive during travel, vacation stays, or numerous other anxiety-inducing events.

Traveling with your pet can be a wonderful experience, both you and your pet can enjoy it without the further worry of dog anxiety with the use of the Thundershirt.

Re: How To Effectively Deal With Dog Anxiety Around Travel? by Nardeant: 4:04pm On May 03, 2023
This info is pretty helpful. My dogs are anxious from time to time, and I'll definitely try your recommendations.
Re: How To Effectively Deal With Dog Anxiety Around Travel? by lorenzoharring: 4:12pm On May 03, 2023
Hey there! Thanks for sharing this valuable information about dog anxiety and the Thundershirt. As a new dog owner, I've been looking for ways to ease my puppy's anxiety during travel, and this seems like a great solution. I recently came across an article about Puppy anxiety that had some helpful tips, so I'm definitely going to look into the Thundershirt as well. It's good to know that it's easy to care for and durable enough to withstand rough play. Thanks again for sharing, and I'm looking forward to learning more from this forum!
Re: How To Effectively Deal With Dog Anxiety Around Travel? by RoadMozart(m): 3:19pm On May 07, 2023
Helpful. My dog always vomits in the car. She once jumped down from a moving vehicle and ran after the car till it got to its destination
Re: How To Effectively Deal With Dog Anxiety Around Travel? by OliviaThomas: 1:28pm On Sep 08
There are various products such as calming diffusers, compression vests or herbal supplements that can help relieve anxiety in dogs. You can learn more about soft chews "Brave Paws" here. Consult your veterinarian to choose the best option for your furry friend. Dealing with dog anxiety requires patience, understanding and a proactive approach. By using these tips and techniques, you can help your furry friend feel calmer.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Male Dog Passed Out After Mated Female Dog � / Caucasian Female For Sale. Coming On Heat By December Ending. / Male Pugs Available @ 135k Each (SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.